• Total voters

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
-Mic work/promos: Not a good promo or talker...in fact the second he opens his mouth he negates the "menacing" aura he carries. Weirdly enough he's entertaining when he does UFC interviews. It was the right move to have Paul E. be his manager who can pick up that slack. give him like a 2 on that front

-Personality/gimmicks: Very few people look the part of a wrestler like he does. From eye level dude looks like rage/beast incarnate. Straight monster. No need for any outlandish or multi dimensional gimmick. Less is more in his case and it has worked literally from day 1 and got him over and importantly stayed over. However I don't think its classic, for which I would have given him a 10. But a solid 9 for sure.

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds) first run Brock was fascinating to watch in the ring....a crazy combination of power and agility for a dude his size and works stiff which i never mind seeing within reason....whether its destroying lower level wrestlers or wrestlers bigger than him...the f5 was a dope finisher as is the brock lock (why he doesn't use this move more ill never know)...him doing a shooting star press is also insane...its a shame he botched in his match with angle..that would have been an all time wrestling finish...but yeah matches with eddie guerrero, rock, cm punk, aj styles, taker, cena, big show, even reigns were damned good...the match with hogan where he submitted him with a bear hug was pretty good too..to highlight is hell in a cell match with taker (the first one they had) and the no dq match with cena are by far the best lesnar matches ive ever seen..they were brutal as fukk to watch..and then the suplex variations....however his ring work in recent years has suffered because of various factors...it has become repetitive and routine which is a shame to me..but he gets a 9 from me

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores)
brock had the look and the ability of a superstar from day one....dude is a great wrestler and a borderline ATG....what really hurts him is the fact he doesn't love wrestling...he's one of those cats that does it because he's talented and makes him money..no "The wrestler" type story from him...even moreso when he came back to wwe after trying out for the nfl and fighting in the ufc...he's phoned in a lot outside of his first WWE stint and got lazy..he does whats best for him and not the business....not the first wrestler and certainly not the last..he is also lucky to have that type of control and doesnt need the WWE like the WWE needs him...give him a 9 overall

@mrken12 id like to nominate macho man randy savage for an evaluation...he needs more mention in TSC :mjcry:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
10. You can’t hold this run against him no more than Jordan’s Wizard run.
Nope. He’s doing exactly what they ask him to do: act like a disinterested jerk in hopes that it’ll make the crowd like his opponent. If he was working with people who are over with the hope of putting on a great show, he might try and give a good show.

Since he returned, he’s been in 4 matches with cena, 3 matches with triple h, 1 with the big show, 3 with the undertaker (who he’d already feuded with twice during his initial run), 2 against Goldberg not including his short stint in the 2017 royal rumble match, and Roman 5 times.

Here’s his wrestlemania matches since his return:
2013: triple h (dud)
2014: undertaker (dud, though taker’s concussion played a part)
2015: Roman (good match largely due to the ending)
2016: Ambrose (dud)
2017: Goldberg (match didn’t even go 6 minutes)
2018: Roman (the crowd was chanting this is awful)

A lot of them didn’t even get a good build either. The only mania match he’s had since returning against a new star who was actually over had a nothing build thrown together a month before the match.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
You could argue that run is better than some 5-10 year runs, hell entire careers:usure:
But a 2 year run will never be Mount Rushmore status. No sane person is ranking Lesnar over The Rock, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, and Undertaker. All of them had longer primes and were better all-around performers. That's not even including non-American wrestlers and wrestlers who weren't on the mega elite level like John Cena and CM Punk. If Brock never wrestled again after 2004, all of the people that I mentioned still would be ahead of him.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
@mrken12 id like to nominate macho man randy savage for an evaluation...he needs more mention in TSC :mjcry:

I could do that. To end the series with a bang, I could cover all of the megastars in wrestling. I'll even include Shawn Michaels. :scusthov: I expect that thread to be very :dame:. No Hoegan thread though. :mjpls:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nope. He’s doing exactly what they ask him to do: act like a disinterested jerk in hopes that it’ll make the crowd like his opponent. If he was working with people who are over with the hope of putting on a great show, he might try and give a good show.

Since he returned, he’s been in 4 matches with cena, 3 matches with triple h, 1 with the big show, 3 with the undertaker (who he’d already feuded with twice during his initial run), 2 against Goldberg not including his short stint in the 2017 royal rumble match, and Roman 5 times.

Here’s his wrestlemania matches since his return:
2013: triple h (dud)
2014: undertaker (dud, though taker’s concussion played a part)
2015: Roman (good match largely due to the ending)
2016: Ambrose (dud)
2017: Goldberg (match didn’t even go 6 minutes)
2018: Roman (the crowd was chanting this is awful)

A lot of them didn’t even get a good build either. The only mania match he’s had since returning against a new star who was actually over had a nothing build thrown together a month before the match.
All of that stuff mentioned was pretty bad except some unintentional comedy and ridiculous booking choices.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
But a 2 year run will never be Mount Rushmore status. No sane person is ranking Lesnar over The Rock, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, and Undertaker. All of them had longer primes and were better all-around performers. That's not even including non-American wrestlers and wrestlers who weren't on the mega elite level like John Cena and CM Punk. If Brock never wrestled again after 2004, all of the people that I mentioned still would be ahead of him.
It's not even in the same universe than Goldberg really..yet alone Rock or Steve Austin. Rock and Austin saved Monday Night Raw and outdrew the Nwo, Sting, DX, Hogan, Flair, Undertaker, etc. Lesnar is huge in UFC but hes just pushed real hard in the WWE in basic squash segments/matches. Some of the most predictable matches ever.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I could do that. To end the series with a bang, I could cover all of the megastars in wrestling. I'll even include Shawn Michaels. :scusthov: I expect that thread to be very :dame:. No Hoegan thread though. :mjpls:
I’m against The HBGOAT thread. Can you do it without being biased? Him and the Rock are the most polarizing figures the sport has ever seen.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Same nikkas in here shytting on Brock gave the Undertaker 10s :gucci:

Taker has been in some of the worst matches I've seen, isn't a talker either and isn't even 1/2 the draw Brock is :stopitslime: to be clear Taker is a 10 to me as well as Brock.

Like I said it's cool to hate on Brock now. :hhh:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

A rookie, sophomore run of a 15 year career, where you're in the top 3 or 4 superstars during that time, doesn't solidify you as a 10.

He's a freak of an athlete, a real life create-a-player, a one of a kind athlete. He'll show spurts of that 02-04 run but overall has just slowed down and got richer and richer in the process. I understand I do but when you hold the title and flat out say nah I'm not doing the PPV, you're fukking shyt up for everyone else. He's been overpushed since he came in and it's still happening. The matches are a snore, the build up is lackluster, his presence just sucks the air out of the arena. I don't think he's looked weak during a feud or in his matches in years. He's like Steve Francis after leaving Houston except he's still getting paid for his a$$hole behaviour.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Mic-5. Limited but very convincing in taped segments.

Star power/presence-10. He wrestles, looks, and carries himself like a superhuman.

Ring-10. This run has had some standouts, some of you are just getting worked by this "he doesn't care storyline" that's aimed at putting Roman over. Vs Joe, Vs Cena multiple times, triple threat vs Rollins and Cena, first time vs Reigns... Everybody loved the Punk match at the time too.
Matches were 5 years ago..lol. The Joe matches were damn near squashes....the Cena matches? Lol. The Rollins triple threat was good.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I give him a 6. I really tried to be objective but I can't give out high scores just because someone had a 2 year run of greatness 15 years ago. :skip:

Also it's hard to overlook the coasting he's been doing solely from that 2 year run. A lot of people here have given passes for his subpar work just because of how good he used to be. :martin: In fact, he's spent more years being lazy and bland than being an engaging entertaining performer. He never evolved as a wrestler and he was lucky to work with an all-time great manager. His lackadaisical performances are even more inexcusable because guys like The Big Show and The Undertaker were able to evolve and adapt later in their careers and had way more mileage.

Last edited:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I give him a 6. I really tried to be objective but I can't give out high scores just because someone had a 2 year run of greatness 15 years ago. :skip:

Also it's hard to overlook the coasting he's been doing solely from that 2 year run. A lot of people here have given passes for his subpar work just because of how good he used to be. :martin: In fact, he's spent more years being lazy and bland than being an engaging entertaining performer. He never evolved as a wrestler and he was lucky to work with an all-time great manager. His lackadaisical performances are even more inexcusable because guys like The Big Show and The Undertaker were able to evolve and adapt later in their careers and had way more mileage.
Yep this confirmed it. Brock a 6? You are being biased.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Yep this confirmed it. Brock a 6? You are being biased.

Nonsense. I'm being nice. I could have gone lower. :mjgrin: I even acknowledged that his initial run was good.

I’m against The HBGOAT thread. Can you do it without being biased?

:mjlol: It's really not that serious. I actually gave Michaels props in this thread so he's not getting a Brock score.