TSC Evaluation #105: Brock Lesnar

Overall Rating

• Total voters

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Brock had a huge push, but he had a huge push while being talented. It’s not like he had a huge push and he was Heidenreich or Mason Ryan :mjlol:

That day Lesnar gets caught saying something racist and nikkas be like, "He was overrated anyway," I'm going to link this thread. I wish Orton was done back before @Vice Queen exposed him. The backtracking on those ratings would have been :banderas:

Pretty sure people felt like Orton was boring as shyt long before that happened.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Brock had a huge push, but he had a huge push while being talented. It’s not like he had a huge push and he was Heidenreich or Mason Ryan :mjlol:

Pretty sure people felt like Orton was boring as shyt long before that happened.

"Boring" and giving him a one because you think he's a piece of shyt are two different things. You guys are so fukking intellectually dishonest. :mjlol:

As for Lesnar he had a great 2002-04. That's two years. Then he came back in 2012 and had a good run (he didn't have to cut promos, work a regular schedule and his booking was A-1, all he contributed was a match here and there) until about 2015. The last three years he's had two or three good to great matches. Maybe four. So in his total of eight years wrestling, two of them were great, three were good but he had everything handed to him, and the last three have been abysmally bland and repetitive from matches to Heyman promos. And you guys are giving him fukking 10s? :heh: All this for the first 25% of his career from FIFTEEN fukkING YEARS AGO. Oh, what's a classic Brock Lesnar promo? One that everyone talks about. Something on the "Hard Times," "Austin 316," "Hollywood Rock in Toronto," or "05 HBK in Canada" level? Where's his "pipe bomb?" Totally fair to ask if we're handing out 10s.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Orton has been wrestling for 16 years and was appealing for maybe 5 of them :mjlol::dead:

Well, that puts him about on par with Lesnar who also has five appealing years; three of which were because he was insulated from WWE's retarded booking. If you take away that advantage he only has his initial two year run and it took six months for that to get off the ground.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Obvious 10, anything otherwise is just hating. Ring work on god level, mic work he wasn't rock level but he wasn't super terrible his one-liners are GOAT.

Just a super athletic freak who could do anything in the ring. And don't give me that "Brock doesn't care bout wrestling" BS

God level? Like Daniel Bryan? AJ Styles? A motivated CM Punk? Macho Man Randy Savage? Ric Flair? Dusty Rhodes? What body of ring work does he have that puts him among those men? What Brock Lesnar matches are mentioned among the greats? And he can't get a 10 if his mic skills aren't at Rock or Stone Cold level. He hasn't had one good promo since he came back SIX YEARS AGO. He was a passable talker back during his initial run. But what classic Brock Lesnar promos do we still discuss today? But he's a 10 though? :heh:

I get you all have a crush on him because he finesses Vince out of some millions and has a "look" about him (white Aryan superman but hey, if that's what y'all like......) but y'all need to keep it together here. Sounding like some damn groupies. Only 10 thing about Lesnar is his finesse game.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Well, that puts him about on par with Lesnar who also has five appealing years; three of which were because he was insulated from WWE's retarded booking. If you take away that advantage he only has his initial two year run and it took six months for that to get off the ground.

Lesnar was simply better :manny: people should know by now a person can have the same rating, yet still vary. Sure, giving Orton a 1 is silly as shyt, but the 7 I gave him is fitting due to him having a stale as shyt period for what felt like 8 years. Also have to take into consideration how these wrestlers resonated with you. I gave D’Lo Brown a 7 as well, and his 1.5 peak in the hottest period of wrestling resonated with me way more than Orton. Pardon me and others if we don’t give a shyt about Orton leading the Legacy CAWs, having a terrible face turn in 04, facing Cena in 55 matches (with maybe 2 good ones), and having 2 of the worst feuds in history with Bray Wyatt and Jinder Mahal:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

TheWhackMamba

The Coli's Drop Bear
Daps
Reppin
Western Australia

If you hate on the god Brock you probably just a bytch:manny:

For ring work I'd probably give him an 8 or 9. Brocks always been good/great in ring. Even if he wasn't showing it much during his most recent world title run. I still say his first world title run after he beat Cena is probably the best of this era all things considered.

Favorite matches would be his matches against Taker, Kurt, Cena, Eddie etc

I'd say he was underrated on the mic when he wasn't with Heyman. He wasn't the rock or anything but he was always funny in a way and since he was Brock Lesnar it's not like his voice could really take anything away from him. Some of his best promo moments were when he'd just say little random funny shyt during this last run like "party's over grandpa" or "say something stupid, Paul" or "I don't give a shyt about your kids"

His gimmick has pretty much always been the same but it never really had the chance to get old in his first run and by the time his second run rolled around he was so legit it didn't matter.

Brock GOAT :ufdup:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
giphy.webp

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
The man is a solid 9. To be honest even a 10 isn’t out of the question.
Without a doubt one of the smartest men in the business. Know his worth and got paid for it. His matches with Taker, Punk and Big Match John are legendary.
tumblr_nahel0RgtO1saykaxo1_400.gif

Facts. His matches w Angle and Eddie are blassics too it's just cool to hate on Brock now so you know how it goes :yeshrug:

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
in-ring he's as good as anyone. he sells with the best of them and all of his shyt looks good. a classic heavyweight in every sense but with crazy agility to boot.

as a talker he's always been pretty meh. he's at his most menacing the less he says... like andre when he was a heel.

i wouldn't say he's one of the top 10 'superstars' of all time, but in terms of overall ability i think you might be able to make the case. if he were a better talker than he'd be in the convo no question.