Trump is trying to deport LEGAL Haitian residents. VOTING MATTERS. THESE ARE NOT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes people we know its Temporary Protective Status but Trump is just doing this now to increase his chances of winning Florida in 2020

• Dap
Reactions: Dad

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
America is a settler nation founded on the subjugation of the Native and African people

it’s borders are null and void as it was drawn by literal colonizers

American government has a direct hand in the immigration “crisis” making them complicit in any current and future harm or neglect of people seeking asylum

just be honest with yourself and admit this is the one aspect of white supremacy you can ride with.

that’s not the same dynamic as oppose to a settler nation like the United States

:wow:

This bytch belong to everybody.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Dems are for reparations, universal health care, public education funding, criminal justice reform, fair housing protections for blacks, urban redevelopment etc. These issues don’t matter to you?

Yep you’re clearly an idiot.
I know this thread is about Haitians being unfairly targeted by Trump and his administration, and while I think it’s wrong and I’m not for it, there’s no need for you to be dishonest and say “Dems are for reparations.” You can make your case in here without the dishonesty.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
they ought to let them stay, and im sure most who can prove they work and have kids in school will end up staying

i can't help but notice that the program is literally called "temporary" though :patrice:

The "temporary" part was never in the fine print either, it's literally called TPS, Temporary Protected Status. That said, nothing was ever a given and I look at the bolded from the article and can't help but think they should have known this was always a possibility. I'm sympathetic to their situation and hope it gets resolved for their children's sake. However, there's still a level of entitlement there. It's not the arrogant entitlement displayed from the so called migrants coming from Honduras, but none the less nothing is owed to the folks from Haitians.

Will say, the position Trump has taken towards those with TPS has Stephen Miller written all over it. There's something wrong with that guy.

Destin came to the United States in 2000, well before the special status was granted. She filed for asylum but was denied and told to go back to Haiti. “The first 10 years were hard,” she says of her time as an undocumented immigrant. When the Obama administration granted TPS to Haitians, Destin and many others took advantage of the chance to emerge from the shadows. The Obama administration regularly renewed the special status in 18-month intervals.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Increase how? None of those people are voting eligible.

Or is his base gonna get hyped that earthquake victims got deported?

I know they aren't eligible i was just testing yall to see if you were skimming through the thread

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
We can say how racist Trump is against foreign blacks. But why haven't the CBC and its affiliates blasted this situation on every network and platform?

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Obama deported Hatians like hell. It was an obvious target and he made a threat to them in 2016 and set forth a lot to be deported in early 2017

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

1. THE LADY IN THE ARTICLE WAS AN ILLEGAL
FOR DAMN NEAR 10 YRS
UNTIL SHE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HAITI'S EARTHQUAKE.

2. THESE PPL HAVE BEEN HERE FOR DAMN NEAR 10 YRS
AND SHOULD HAVE FILED FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY BY NOW.
:devil:
:evil:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, please don’t be dishonest. I don’t want to derail this thread, but that’s 31 or 32 Dem representatives out of how many? Overall, the Dems are not for reparations and if they were, we would’ve heard more on this from them than we have.

We can have this discussion in another thread, though, as I don’t want to derail this one.

Bills typically never get cosponsored by the entire party. The entire Republican Party didn’t cosponsor their tax or Obamacare repeal bills and as you know they all voted for them. For example 40 dems cosponsored the Obamacare Bill. That high amount of cosponsors for a bill is ALOT and highly indicative of how most dems will vote.

Last edited: