Trump is about to ban TikTok in the US

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Eh, First Amendment Law is a pretty exacting standard. A whole sale speech ban needs have a compelling government interest, be narrowly tailored, and use the least restrictive means. I don’t think Trump’s EO will be any of those things.

there are a few other issues too. The court would have to decide if this is an expression or just use of tech. Assuming use of tech, they might be able to squeeze it in under a national security exception.

but I still think the biggest issue is that I don’t think Trump has the power for a full scale ban like this. Looking at Article 2, I don’t see anything that plausibly stretches this far.
India already banned it and other major Chinese apps. If they can do it the US sure can

Last edited:

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
New cold war for a new generation.

Yall invest gang better be buying them DoD stocks.
Dod stocks gettinf hit the hardest. Trust me breh. Just look at Lockheed Martin and boeing :francis: . Lockheed Martin's peofit margin :mjlol:and boeing's 737:russ:. Raytheon is a better bet :yeshrug:.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dod stocks gettinf hit the hardest. Trust me breh. Just look at Lockheed Martin and boeing :francis: . Lockheed Martin's peofit margin :mjlol:and boeing's 737:russ:. Raytheon is a better bet :yeshrug:.

Actually lockheed exceeded their earnings report last week. As far as boeing thats the commercial side holding them down not the DoD side. Remember Boeing is 60 to 70 percent commercial and the rest is DoD.

But overall Lockeheed, L3 Harris, Northrop Grumman and General Dynamics are healthy. Raytheon merged with UTC so the stock split and reset in price. Its now around 62 bucks a share which is still a good deal for investors long term.

Overall what I am referring to in my original post is this is gonna be a long cold war with China and even Russia. So now is the time to buy these DoD stocks.

Also even with covid the government still isn't cutting defense funding. You see with the new stimulus package the republicans want 2 billy for the F-35.

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
Just fukking bring Vine back. Is that so hard. Vine had hoes and you could eat cuz they wasn't on that only fans shyt back then....these hoes really wanted pipe and was showing everything to get it.
If you bring vine back its just going to be like tik tok. Only fans is not going nowhere.