Trump is about to ban TikTok in the US

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Everyone who is saying ban all social media is exposing themselves as fukking loners without friends or a social life. Try all u want to say one doesn't mean the other. I dont know one person with a decent social life without 1 form of social media be it Facebook, Instagram or even LinkedIn at worse.
Bullshyt. I don’t use social media. All I need is WhatsApp to stay in contact with my friends and family. I don’t need to put my personal life out there for strangers to gawk at.

Also, why do people have social media and make everything private? That’s pretty much WhatsApp if you’re keeping it within your circle. shyt is stupid.

All social media has done is given a platform for losers to pontificate over BS, “cancel” celebrities for shyt they said years ago and increase depression in people. It’s cons far outweighs its pros.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread.

If you have Tik Tok downloaded on your phone, you have given the administrators of the app essentially "root access" to your phone.

If they wanted to they could brick your device, install a completely new operating system on it, basically whatever.

There are many toxic apps on the app store but only other Malware apps have this same feature of giving the app owner full access to the phone - and even by the standards of other Malware Tik Tok is very devious.

To create an awkward metaphor, imagine if China sold self driving cars. And they said the car would just do what it's owner said, but they actually programmed it so if they wanted they could take over the car remotely.

And all the things they programmed in for after they take over the car remotely its not like "deploy airbags" or "unlock doors" it's like "drive into the ocean" or "run over that baby".
I feel like this is the real disinformation. While he’s giving an app ‘full access’ to your phone is one thing, root access is an entirely different one. If TIkTok was found to be rooting phones there would be an uproar. This is not the case here. Achieving root access for an App Store application is damn near impossible, and on android it is very unlikely.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nonsense.

This is the real reason.
top-apps-q3-2019-ww-downloads.jpg

I believe it’s this and the fact that China, just like our country, are some spying fukks

Why do people even use Tik Tok :gucci:

Bullshyt. I don’t use social media. All I need is WhatsApp to stay in contact with my friends and family. I don’t need to put my personal life out there for strangers to gawk at.

Also, why do people have social media and make everything private? That’s pretty much WhatsApp if you’re keeping it within your circle. shyt is stupid.

All social media has done is given a platform for losers to pontificate over BS, “cancel” celebrities for shyt they said years ago and increase depression in people. It’s cons far outweighs its pros.

I disagree. It’s further exposed some weakness of the human way of thinking. It’s ultimately just another example of something good used for bad. We need to overcome this hurdle to move to the next stage of humanity, imo. Or we will die trying :yeshrug:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I feel like this is the real disinformation. While he’s giving an app ‘full access’ to your phone is one thing, root access is an entirely different one. If TIkTok was found to be rooting phones there would be an uproar. This is not the case here. Achieving root access for an App Store application is damn near impossible, and on android it is very unlikely.

Tik Tok is rooting phones and there is an uproar.

So, what data does TikTok collect, and why is Anonymous worried? Reverse engineering of the TikTok app reveals how much data you unknowingly give away.

Phone hardware
Other apps installed
Everything network-related (IP, local IP, router MAC, your MAC, WiFi access point name)
Rooted or jail-broken phone
GPS pinging enabled once every 30 seconds
TikTok sets up a local proxy server for transcoding media (easily exploitable)

So why is this bad? Giving away that much information is like giving away your digital footprint. If the Chinese government decides to target you, everything TikTok collects can pinpoint you in your home.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
FORUMS LIKE THE COLI
HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE 90S.

LETS NOT PRETEND MESSAGE BOARDS
FULL OF ANONYMOUS PPL HAVE
EVER BEEN CONSIDERED SOCIAL MEDIA.
:devil:
:evil:

Message boards have been corrupted by people clout chasing for daps, meme posting, spreading false information, reveal yourself threads, what are you eating threads. Message boards are no longer what they were 10-15 years ago. This is social media.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Everyone who is saying ban all social media is exposing themselves as fukking loners without friends or a social life. Try all u want to say one doesn't mean the other. I dont know one person with a decent social life without 1 form of social media be it Facebook, Instagram or even LinkedIn at worse.
life with out social media was perfectly fine and it added nothing of value. and helped contribute to the degradation of society
people had actual relationships before social media.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
You must be a cac. I don't know any real black people trying to fight for this shyt hole country. USA got smacked in the mouth and loss to small ass Vietnam. You would be insane to think China wouldn't hulk smash the US when it came to war.
lol at the US military gettin ran off the block in Vietnam.
The US LOST that war. Nobody likes to talk about it tho.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
That’s not root access breh.

Functionally, what would root access enable you to do that that feature list does not?

Edit: it's just a summary I posted, to be fair, but control of hardware, networking, ability to download and run binaries/executables, the ability to send texts on your behalf I mean what's missing?

Last edited: