Trump is about to ban TikTok in the US

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Why in the hell would trump want to help Zuck?
Facebook is a corporation
Re-election helps Zuck
vis a vis
ParchedExhaustedAcornbarnacle-size_restricted.gif

from good old Zuck

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I use twitter, ig, and tumblr to promote my music career which has been going for 23 years now.

Without them i wouldn't even be able to get some of the interviews, gigs; and networking opportunities ive had in the past decade.

But if you took the coli's advice everybody on social media is a dumb thot twerking or a clout chasing ass nikka.

:mjlol:

These social media convos expose how out of touch with the times ppl on here are.

What's ya ig breh, I make video games an shyt

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
china was never trustworthy, it's just the western world was foolish enough over the past 50 years to partner with china using their cheap labour as if nothing's gonna happen. China is mainly an exporting country, so time to move the factories out to other places like India.

Yea. China proved to be smarter. Cheap labor basically attracted the greed of the Western world.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft complete takeover deal sounds likely, according to Reuters. Pending White House approval.

Exclusive: TikTok's Chinese owner offers to forego stake to clinch U.S. deal - sources

NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - China’s ByteDance has agreed to divest the U.S. operations of TikTok completely in a bid to save a deal with the White House, after President Donald Trump said on Friday he had decided to ban the popular short-video app, two people familiar with the matter said on Saturday.
ByteDance was previously seeking to keep a minority stake in the U.S. business of TikTok, which the White House had rejected. Under the new proposed deal, ByteDance would exit completely and Microsoft Corp would take over TikTok in the United States, the sources said.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Tik Tok is straight up Chinese Spyware and should've been banned from the App store by Apple and Android.

The govt is well within its rights to take a dangerous Malware program like this out of app marketplaces where it can feast on uneducated consumers.

Trump's motivations for this move are wrong, of that we can be confident, but the result will actually be positive.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
That's the impression I get too. At 32, I'm too old for TikTok but I'm not going to act like it shouldn't exist because I personally don't use it. That's just silly, and would make me sound hella old and out of touch.

There was nothing Myspace did other apps don't do better. You really want to go back to a time when your computer froze every time you went on someone's Myspace page because they packed it with so much crap?

Some of you are acting like snobby old farts.

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread.

If you have Tik Tok downloaded on your phone, you have given the administrators of the app essentially "root access" to your phone.

If they wanted to they could brick your device, install a completely new operating system on it, basically whatever.

There are many toxic apps on the app store but only other Malware apps have this same feature of giving the app owner full access to the phone - and even by the standards of other Malware Tik Tok is very devious.

To create an awkward metaphor, imagine if China sold self driving cars. And they said the car would just do what it's owner said, but they actually programmed it so if they wanted they could take over the car remotely.

And all the things they programmed in for after they take over the car remotely its not like "deploy airbags" or "unlock doors" it's like "drive into the ocean" or "run over that baby".