Trump allies mull compulsory military service (Project 2025 again...)

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
voters don't have much respect for Gen Z, so i could see this as being seen as a good thing. to "toughen them up" :mjlol: especially since college is now being side-eyed, given the cost. so if less kids are going to college....maybe it's not the end of the world to have them do something productive for a couple years

or on the other hand, biden is able to spin it as "trump is bringing back the draft", and fukking buries him with it :mjlol:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
:ehh:

What are the downsides of 2 years of compulsory service for every young man and woman leaving high school?

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
:ehh:

What are the downsides of 2 years of compulsory service for every young man and woman leaving high school?
Being sent to Ft Hood and "committing suicide".

And/or for young women being either raped or turned out.

:ehh: Just two of the extreme, but not uncommon possibilities off the top of my head.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
If I'm at the draft board, I'll just take a shyt in the center of the room before they call me up and yell, "MICHAEL JACKSON WAS A PUERTO RICAN! :damn:"

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Basically not the draft but a mandatory military service stint like Israel, South Korea, and Taiwan.

All high schoolers would be required to take the military standardized test the ASVAB.

Of course dudes like JD Vance and others who never served swear this is an awesome idea.

Mad respect to our military brehs but I have a feeling this is more about shoring up manpower for big wars than some giant citizenship exercise. The military IS a good route for some people but this would effectively make it a core civic institution.

Blankblank

Rookie
Daps
Millennials, we were born at the right time. I can’t imagine being a teen today.