Trump allies mull compulsory military service (Project 2025 again...)

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It's always the ones who never served that push this. Even the ones that did they had enough money to get a cushy spot in the guard far away from the action so they can wear the uniform for photo ops
You don’t think military service wouldn’t be a net positive for most teenage men

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The reason why Korea and Tawian do this is because they're located next to their mortal enemy and shyt can pop off at any time. Therefore, every man is trained in military service just it case it goes down.

We don't have those problems here :manny:
We might have to bring those problems to them Canadians, they been talking greasy for far too long :manny:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You must not have enjoyed doing those things with animals huh? :dame:
I love beasts but my track record humbling aggressive animals is stellar.

Thinking about the white man and how difficult it is to read his intentions, this is probably a bad idea.

All brothers would have to join just to keep things balanced out here.

Mmm also a way to control your body and what they can put into it as government property

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
More should be spent on autonomous tech.

Drones, unmanned artillery and space weapons.

The biggest gap to cover as it scales would be airlift and logistics.

There will no more ground invasions like WW2 and other legacy wars.

Anything that Republicans drum up is usually rooted into some form of capitalist cronyism.

I don't trust it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
There should be some type of requirement for physical activity to be honest, given the direction a lot of kids are going on right now (obesity, zero physical activity, etc). Should it be a quasi military service like this? No. But some type of service getting kids active, planting trees or vegetables, working with animals, more advanced gym class, etc would be a good idea. Especially if the federal government pays for it.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
More should be spent on autonomous tech.

Drones, unmanned artillery and space weapons.

The biggest gap to cover as it scales would be airlift and logistics.

There will no more ground invasions like WW2 and other legacy wars.

Anything that Republicans drum up is usually rooted into some form of capitalist cronyism.

I don't trust it.
This. The war in Ukraine is showing that drones/drone defense are the future.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I can actually see some benefits from this. The military can probably do a lot of young men in this country some good.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Let’s give proper military training to all of these crazy ass kids so they could all be better mass shooters….sounds like a great plan

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I have a feeling this is more about shoring up manpower for big wars than some giant citizenship exercise. The military IS a good route for some people but this would effectively make it a core civic institution.
Probably to increase indoctrination and (I'm assuming for them) 'blind' national loyalty too.

What's funny is when fighting/invading/terrorizing foreign countries...outside of the money we invest into our military tech and training, I assume the main reason the forces are some of the best in the world is because of the self-selecting nature of it. You gotta willingly sign up, then you still might get cut. Characteristically, that's gotta be a different mental make up then say Switzerland, China, or Israel.

Just like you can argue farmers who fight willingly for their country, or join religious extremist groups are gonna be fierce. You could argue self selecting troops are gonna be more disciplined, execute with more composure, etc.

I think another key difference is USA is always in some shyt. Mandatory military service for a country like Switzerland doesn't really effect or challenge the stances of the young people that are being forced to serve.

And the alternative to not serving, paying higher taxes....ain't gonna happen in the U.S. when we're already underwaged with super high costs of living.

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Rules for thee but not for meeee

200w.gif