Trump allies mull compulsory military service (Project 2025 again...)

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Basically not the draft but a mandatory military service stint like Israel, South Korea, and Taiwan.

All high schoolers would be required to take the military standardized test the ASVAB.

Of course dudes like JD Vance and others who never served swear this is an awesome idea.

Mad respect to our military brehs but I have a feeling this is more about shoring up manpower for big wars than some giant citizenship exercise. The military IS a good route for some people but this would effectively make it a core civic institution.
Big wars are over..

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Coli brehs sons’ inherited they pops lousy genetics so they immediately disqualified off GP.

:salute:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Anyone co-signing this but never enlisted should sit this one out
/Thread

And with the rate they try to kick motherfukkers out now, won’t happen

They already cutting VA programs to save money.

I got mixed feelings but don’t think it’s necessary. Especially when they can recall vets back, have National Guard/Reserves, etc.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Gotta prep for that inevitable war with China
Any war with China would be started by the US, not China. The CCP has too much to lose by breaking the status quo.

America has zero motivation to start a war with China.

China wants Taiwan, but is very unlikely to go forward if they think it means war with America.

Only scenario I can imagine for war with China is if China attacks Taiwan thinking they can capture and solidify possession before USA gets involve, but US president surprises them and sends forces super fast. Even in that scenario, I can't imagine American ground troops playing a large role.

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Basically not the draft but a mandatory military service stint like Israel, South Korea, and Taiwan.

All high schoolers would be required to take the military standardized test the ASVAB.

Of course dudes like JD Vance and others who never served swear this is an awesome idea.

Mad respect to our military brehs but I have a feeling this is more about shoring up manpower for big wars than some giant citizenship exercise. The military IS a good route for some people but this would effectively make it a core civic institution.
Vance is a pillsbury built bytch, but to keep it factual he was in the marines.:hubie: