Trump allies mull compulsory military service (Project 2025 again...)

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
:ehh:

What are the downsides of 2 years of compulsory service for every young man and woman leaving high school?

You served?

Military isnt for everyone and the culture isnt for everyone

I had some terrible times in the military. Forcing someone to do that shyt is not the wave, and will only lead to resentment and folks not caring.

Let me not even get into the rampant racism in the military

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Breh that happens and those people will be doing LIFE in prison GUARANTEED all because they didn't want to sign up?

You basically throwing your life away and bringing the Armed Forces to your family's doorstep to avoid service.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't agree with mandatory service. However, once it's law that's that.
The only way to protect against that is to make sure Trump doesn't win.

I learned as a young child never trust anyone who thinks like this.

A low rung sheep meant to live and die as a tool

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Yea no, under another administration or political system maybe. But this is nothing more than wool pulling

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I can actually get behind the idea of mandatory service.

However that should not mean military service. Yes you can volunteer to join the military and get credit for your required service, but mandatory service should be like the Tennessee Valley Authority was piblic works projects like building sidewalks, manning daycare for single parents, community clean up, etc things that improve your community. Of course you get paid for it maybe pay plus 2 years of training or college for 2 years ears of service. The military doesn't have time for people who don't want to be there.

I also think that you should be able to opt out of mandatory service. But forfeit certain privileges like ineligible for government jobs and conracts, etc.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I learned as a young child never trust anyone who thinks like this.

A low rung sheep meant to live and die as a tool
If you think thr U.S Military plays about it's laws then you can go and find out.

That's the last area this country will treat you like a special snowflake. I'm just smart enough to know not to ruin my life over it.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I can actually get behind the idea of mandatory service.

However that should not mean military service. Yes you can volunteer to join the military and get credit for your required service, but mandatory service should be like the Tennessee Valley Authority was piblic works projects like building sidewalks, manning daycare for single parents, community clean up, etc things that improve your community. Of course you get paid for it maybe pay plus 2 years of training or college for 2 years ears of service. The military doesn't have time for people who don't want to be there.

I also think that you should be able to opt out of mandatory service. But forfeit certain privileges like ineligible for government jobs and conracts, etc.

The issue with the USA and Mando service is the current culture wars and who is a “real american”. Mando service works in nations that are at least aligned in “we are citizens of this country and problems aside we gotta put in work”.

USA is a weird place is we are a big dog and have privilege but folks are so tired they are like “let it burn” from the comforts of their ivory tower lol not realizing shyt is real outside their bubble

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
If you think thr U.S Military plays about it's laws then you can go and find out.

That's the last place where they'll treat you like a special snowflake.
You crazy as hell if you think the military will follow the laws of a dictator in every state. Blue states will kill government officials that tries to enforce military participation. Blue states have more people and bigger armed forces than red states. States like Ohio would have problems, but they have Michigan and Illinois right next door.

No forced military action will happen in America without civil battles, Red States would be eliminated in that type of battle bro.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You crazy as hell if you think the military will follow the laws of a dictator in every state. Blue states will kill government officials that tries to enforce military participation. Blue states have more people and bigger armed forces than red states. States like Ohio would have problems, but they have Michigan and Illinois right next door.

No forced military action will happen in America without civil battles, Red States would be eliminated in that type of battle bro.
My guy, you go at the government oficials like that you get martial law. Martial law you get areas declared a war zone and neighborhoods leveled. Your next door neighbors will tell you just to join as they don't want everything they've worked for to come down because you don't want to go to the military and started taking people out.

You kill a government official and you've escalated it. Red states may hate someone like AOC's guts, but even they're not crazy enough to try it because they know what lands on their doorstep.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
My guy, you go at the government oficials like that you get martial law. Martial law you get areas declared a war zone and neighborhoods leveled. Your next door neighbors will tell you just to join because they don't want everything they've worked for to come down because you don't want to go to the military.
When 75% of the country, including military is against what you are doing, you will get a civil war.

You are sitting here trying to get me to believe that people will just lay down and accept that, I'm telling you that I'm actually around people of all cultures on a daily basis, people will not take orders from a dictatorship government.

IT WILL NEVER WORK HERE WITHOUT A CIVIL WAR AND A MASSIVE LOSS OF BLUE STATE POPULATIONS.

It's just not gonna happen how you think my guy. More people will be willing to die standing against that shyt than live accepting it.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When 75% of the country, including military is against what you are doing, you will get a civil war.

You are sitting here trying to get me to believe that people will just lay down and accept that, I'm telling you that I'm actually around people of all cultures on a daily basis, people will not take orders from a dictatorship government.

IT WILL NEVER WORK HERE WITHOUT A CIVIL WAR AND A MASSIVE LOSS OF BLUE STATE POPULATIONS.

It's just not gonna happen how you think my guy. More people will be willing to die standing against that shyt than live accepting it.
75% most likely won't be though?

How many people revolted against the Vietnam draft and how much difference did it make?

I think you underestimate the amount of people who'll just fall in line. Look at this thread, many people think it'll actually be good.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

That's the last area this country will treat you like a special snowflake. I'm just smart enough to know not to ruin my life over it.

all this sounds like bytch lingo to be honest.

you must be white to have these spineless attitude towards authoritarianism

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
all this sounds like bytch lingo to be honest.

you must be white to have these spineless attitude towards authoritarianism
Nope, I just am smart enough to know the situation. You want to openly revolt against a government that kills/penalizes like nothing over military matters isn't smart.

At that point the options are really either: ruin your life or join the military. The latter sucks don't get me wrong, but having a brother who served in the country and is doing well right now, I wouldn't say the military was the worst thing to happen but you have to have the mentality and fortitude for it.

I've seen how much these protests really matter and they somewhat move the needle, however, the very fact that it's verifiable you're avoiding military service will bring all that noise to a close like how everyone has to go to work and can't protest 24/7. When that notification to serve pops up then it gets too intimate to avoid and the hard decision must be made.

Not to mention you'd basically be an outsider to society if everyone your age has served around you and you didn't. That's how it really works. You even goin to have future influencers taking Ak's role out there on some "Chat, this guy didn't do time in service with all of us, boo this man".

If you want to prevent it, you make sure Trump doesn't get into office because once that law goes live, it's done.

Last edited: