True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Acting was great, the story and season as a whole was not. Not even close to fukking with season one but better than that god-awful season two.

If they make a season four, I will watch the first episode and if it doesn't grab me like season one's did, I am out for good. :fukkit:

Counterpart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this show's last two seasons

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Just to make it clear, my opinion watching it, without knowledge of Nic shooting it down, was that Roland was gay. Now that you guys let me know that wasn’t the case, that’s fine, I was wrong, it doesn’t change my outlook on the show, this season was still great, I wasn’t rooting for anything in particular, ecspecialy for Roland to be gay, lol. I thought the finale was fukking awesome, and it left somethings to be desired, and both can be true, and we can still have a great season!

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Great finale to an excellent season.

They played with the themes of the first grim season to a different conclusion.

I think the character of the interviewer, was us the audience, thirsting for some grim conspiracy. Eventually disappointed when the whole thing boils down to a human tragedy.

The way they played on the "time is flat circle" against the backdrop of dementia was ill, with dude being trapped in his mind attempting to solve a case that doesn't need solving.

Dayum gonna have to re watch this in a couple months....

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Counterpart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this show's last two seasons

Didn't that just get cancelled? I tried watching it....got 2 episodes in and let it go. I like JK Simmons, but it didn't grab me right away.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just read something saying Wayne died in Vietnam. This story was his way of dealing with his death and unresolved life. He regretted going to war for the reason Amelia gave, so his mom would get money if he died:lupe:

lol some jacob’s ladder shyt? nah :hubie:

Kwabena

I am STEM.
Daps
Reppin
Antibes
Wow is all I can say

I wonder how many missing kids (whose remains haven’t been found) are still alive and kicking :francis:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
letting the one eyed guy just solve the whole shyt sitting there telling the story is some lazy bullshyt or they just didn't really care about the main plot. all these episodes and speculation and they just let this guy tell it and this is supposed to be a show about detectives? fukk that
You don’t think they did any detective work to get to that point? :what:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
letting the one eyed guy just solve the whole shyt sitting there telling the story is some lazy bullshyt or they just didn't really care about the main plot. all these episodes and speculation and they just let this guy tell it and this is supposed to be a show about detectives? fukk that
The detectives investigation spanning 35 years led them to that man.