True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Killing Harris James. Or using his relationship with Tom to try and convince him to go along with abducting James.
I was thinking that, but if that was it, it leaves unanswered questions as to 1. How was Henry so familiar with Roland? Doesn’t make sense. 2. The final scene on the porch, Roland is introduced to Henry’s wife, but doesn’t acknowledge Rebecca, like they are so familiar with each other that they are automatically familiar. Maybe I’m nitpicking, but that shyt is full of plot holes. Didn’t even go over Wayne quitting, which he would have had to tell Roland directly. They could have at least given us a scene after Harris’s death. Maybe a small complaint, but the dialogue between the two of them was as good as between Purple and Amelia

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but this is an especially bad hot take. Don't cut yourself on those edges. Season 1, okay, cool, but saying season 2 was better is a fukking JOKE. Acting alone from Dorff was better than all characters combined in season 2 (the main antagonist in season 2 was Vince Vaughn playing Vince Vaughn for how ever many episodes), and I liked season 2, and that's without even mentioning Mahershala's emmy winning performance (its not even a "bookmark and up" take, it's reality, and is going to happen).
nah, season 2 was far more entertaining than this bullshyt. good acting can't make up for a weak story

this season was fukking awful. never in a million years would i need to revisit it, or even think about it again :dead: like im still pulling up clips of season 1 on youtube. the fukk would i ever want to watch again about this? can you even point to a scene?

but im not gonna interrupt the inevitable circle jerk, so ill just see myself out :jayhub:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
nah, season 2 was far more entertaining than this bullshyt. good acting can't make up for a weak story

this season was fukking awful. never in a million years would i need to revisit it, or even think about it again :dead: like im still pulling up clips of season 1 on youtube. the fukk would i ever want to watch again about this? can you even point to a scene?

but im not gonna interrupt the inevitable circle jerk, so ill just see myself out :jayhub:
Typical Mamba, throw a grenade into the thread, claim the thread is a circle jerk, and then run out the thread after his garbage hot take.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps

:myman:Keeping it 100.
I've given this thread and show more attention than should be warranted.:russell: I'm out too.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Killing Harris James. Or using his relationship with Tom to try and convince him to go along with abducting James.

Ok cool. I was waiting for some obvious ass betrayal to come. I loved this season. Like dude said, Mahershala has that Emmy on lock.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Really? Confirmed? I could have sworn him and Tom were subtly in a relationship, by the way Tom marched up to Rolands office before he got suicided

YES IT WAS CONFIRMED...

TOM WAS HIS FRIEND.
HE HELPED THE MAN CLEAN UP
AND GET HIS LIFE TOGETHER.

:devil:
:evil:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I don't even care that there wasn't some big pedo/cult like conspiracy. My biggest gripe is the telegraphing they did from EP. 1 where nikkas basically knew what happened from jump. That just leaves the story and the characters itself to try to be invested in, and although the acting was great, their lives portrayed on screen wasn't all that interesting or displayed as such at least. So, that just left the case to be super tuned into which basically played out like a lot of nikkas expected (save for the corny end) with no payoff for real (whatever you feel that might have been).

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin

YES IT WAS CONFIRMED...

TOM WAS HIS FRIEND.
HE HELPED THE MAN CLEAN UP
AND GET HIS LIFE TOGETHER.

:devil:
:evil:

ok, cool, thanks for the info. I was convinced that he went into that biker bar to feel all that pain because he was in love and in a relationship with Tom, and then that scene in the last episode, when he drove up with that little dog in his lap, it just looked like they were portraying him as an old, lonely, gay guy. :manny:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's give it a few weeks/months. I bet money he will come out in some interview and say the show was intended to be longer OR much of the stuff he wanted to include was cut (not just the Amelia death). I guarantee you that's what happened.
Like @GoldenGlove said, the first two seasons were 8 episodes, why are we supposed to believe that Nic wrote season 3 as some 13 episode season :dwillhuh:

They didn't mention, not one time, that Roland was gay. Is it because it was so heavy handed that it didn't need to be mentioned, or was he not gay, just a collector of strays?
He's not gay.

I must have missed it, but what was the thing that the white detetictive was mad that Mahershala never apologized for?

Hays had gotten Roland hyped up and involved in some shyt that led to him killing Harris.

Does anyone else think that broad and the tv crew are a metaphor for the audience? She's running through all sorts of theories for whatever reason. Pushing and projecting for what she believes happen? When in actuality the story was simple as hell.

I posted that a few days back. Running through all these crazy ass theories, tying shyt back to season 1.

Didn’t even go over Wayne quitting, which he would have had to tell Roland directly. They could have at least given us a scene after Harris’s death.
He convinced Roland to join his plan that resulted in Roland killing someone and getting so mad that he almost called him a ******.

The next day Hoyt tells him that if he keeps looking for the girl, other people will keep looking for her and as long as people are looking for her, Wayne's family is in danger. Hays then tells Amelia they need to stop messing with the case and move on.

We don't need to see him quit the job.
Really? Confirmed? I could have sworn him and Tom were subtly in a relationship, by the way Tom marched up to Rolands office before he got suicided

Roland was the main guy in the 1980 case and helped Tom out when he was going through some shyt.

ok, cool, thanks for the info. I was convinced that he went into that biker bar to feel all that pain because he was in love and in a relationship with Tom, and then that scene in the last episode, when he drove up with that little dog in his lap, it just looked like they were portraying him as an old, lonely, gay guy. :manny:

He wanted to feel that pain because he just killed someone, doing some shyt he didn't want to do.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Couple of things about the last flat circle episode.
They didn't mention, not one time, that Roland was gay. Is it because it was so heavy handed that it didn't need to be mentioned, or was he not gay, just a collector of strays? I'm confused as fukk about that, even though it is not significant to the story, but it is because the season was apparently all about the characters, not the crime....
Also, I can never find these threads on Reddit about theories and shyt, I am a terrible Reddit searcher I guess, can anybody help me out with some good subs?
As soon as the gay theory was propagated Nick immediately shot it down, which is probably why they didn't mention it. For the reddit sub you have to go to Google and type in true detective Reddit, and the sub will come up.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Finale was boring af just like the rest of the season. Everyone in this thread was wrong thinking there was this big ass conspiracy and so much more than what actually happened. How tf they stretched a boy tripping over a rock and a girl living with a new family for 4 decades and 8 episodes is beyond me. Worst season of television I have watched in a long time. Finale was underwhelming af and just proved how lost the writers were trying to come up with ideas to make this story drag 8 episodes. Should have just been a 2 hour movie. HBO finessed us with this BS.

S1 > > > > > S2 > > > S3

:ufdup:

I bet the S1 references are just red herrings and Mr June simply kidnapped the girl to give Hoyt's daughter Isabel a new kid to keep her mind off of her dead family. (We're sure Mr. June and Isabel were the ones in the ghost costumes, right?)

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
Wait, what about the teenager that went to jail. Didn’t he say that the boy was running around looking for Julie and that’s when they took his bike? From Junius’s story, Julie and her brother were never separated, right? There is a difference between red herrings and plot holes. I still really enjoyed it, but there were some glaring holes.