True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Roland did find closure and no he ain't gay. He lived a full life of people either leaving him, fukking him over or putting him in difficult situations. After he caught a body it took a toll on him and he never really was able to hold down a woman or a friendship. All he wanted was to be loved but the only people or thing that stayed loyal was his dog and other dogs he recruited afterwards. But that still didn't plug the hole in his heart. He thought he had a great friend in Tom and then he was killed too. Hays disappeared. His fiance left. Finally in the end he gets his old friend Purple back and all is right in his world.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roland did find closure and no he ain't gay. He lived a full life of people either leaving him, fukking him over or putting him in difficult situations. After he caught a body it took a toll on him and he never really was able to hold down a woman or a friendship. All he wanted was to be loved but the only people or thing that stayed loyal was his dog and other dogs he recruited afterwards. But that still didn't plug the hole in his heart. He thought he had a great friend in Tom and then he was killed too. Hays disappeared. His fiance left. Finally in the end he gets his old friend Purple back and all is right in his world.
WE NEEDED TO SEE ALL OF THAT IN IN CLOSE DETAIL :troll:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
People let what they imagined a show to be to dictate how they feel about it. Not realizing all the projecting they did didnt allow them to enjoy what was really there

I never believed the gay thing, but last episode when he was in the biker bar you didn't see any women at all around him at first. For a second I was thinking this stupid thread was right :mjlol:, until they showed the biker's girlfriend.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
skimmed a few posts and see ppl are still fixated w/ roland being gay more than likely bcuz of his connection w/ tom and him not being married/having kids...in a very quick nutshell...his connection to tom was a result of him identifying w/ tom as an alcoholic and not wanting to see him give up on life like he did...the best evidence of that was tom pulling out his driveway drunk and roland trying to steer him not to make that mistake...roland wasn’t married/had kids bcuz he had a very shytty outlook on the world...best evidence of that was the redneck bar scene...he couldn’t tuck the ugliness of the world away the way hayes was able to which is something amelia said she admired/envied about hayes...his ability to “forget” shyt and just move on w/o dwelling on it w/ the exception of this case of course...this season was an excellent character study even more so than the first...granted I think overall the first season was better...wow...great finale tho...I’m still stunned...incredible storytelling

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I thought this season was dope, kinda the opposite of season 1 in the sense that it got better and better working up to the finale whereas the earlier episodes in season 1 were the better ones. Either way, the quality definitely returned this season.

really? i thought it started strong, dragged through the middle, then the 6th and 7th episodes were great...and that led to a pretty mediocre finale. i thought i was gonna love this season but that didn't turn out to be the case.

ali, dorff and mcnairy carried this season heavy. they acted their asses off. props to the make-up crew as well. they old man'd the fukk out of those two.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
letting the one eyed guy just solve the whole shyt sitting there telling the story is some lazy bullshyt or they just didn't really care about the main plot. all these episodes and speculation and they just let this guy tell it and this is supposed to be a show about detectives? fukk that

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't even know why people watch this show and expect a crazy climax in the Finale.

They went back to the 1st Season's presentation and formula, with the flashbacks and the interview process replacing the deposition scenes from S1.

The climax of S1 happened in the middle episodes with Rust going undercover with that biker gang fukkery
:whoo:

And this season gave us the climax with the shoot out at the house
:whew:

S2 tried to throw more stuff at you with the numerous 'main' characters but felt rushed and was just overall forgettable. I hardly even remember that shyt.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
letting the one eyed guy just solve the whole shyt sitting there telling the story is some lazy bullshyt or they just didn't really care about the main plot. all these episodes and speculation and they just let this guy tell it and this is supposed to be a show about detectives? fukk that

The heavy exposition was kinda shyt writing. Kinda reminds me when Idris Elba's character in Prometheus somehow cracked thousands of years of alien history in a few minutes.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
tqbhov97yri21.jpg

Oh well, there goes my theory. :manny:

Fits with the themes of the show, so I have no problem with this being the case.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THE KIDNAPPING WAS SOLVED IN EPISODE 7
BY ANYONE WHO WATCHED THIS shyt WITH COMMON SENSE.

THE ONLY "LIVING" LOOSE END WAS MR. JUNE
(TOM, LUCY, DAN, HOYT ALL DEAD)
SO IDK WHAT YOU nikkaS EXPECTED.
:devil:
:evil: