True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Go watch flat circles analysis on this last episode. They bring up the loose ends. My sentiment is a sentiment shared by most people about the finale--im not aberrating with my line of thought. Go to Reddit/YouTube whatever. You'll read the same thing. I said that I loved the finale, I liked the closure, but I think the resolution of the case was mishandled. That's my feeling, not yours. If you don't share that sentiment :hubie: do you.
Couple of things about the last flat circle episode.
They didn't mention, not one time, that Roland was gay. Is it because it was so heavy handed that it didn't need to be mentioned, or was he not gay, just a collector of strays? I'm confused as fukk about that, even though it is not significant to the story, but it is because the season was apparently all about the characters, not the crime....
Also, I can never find these threads on Reddit about theories and shyt, I am a terrible Reddit searcher I guess, can anybody help me out with some good subs?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
I asked this same question. When he drove out there on his own, I was like....damn....he's going to have an episode. Figured it would happen before he actually found the place, though.
Also, didn't you get the vibe from the interaction between Roland and Wayne, the night they "solved" the case, that Wayne was gonna kill himself that night? I was waiting for him to swallow the gun, I wasn't disappointed it didn't happen, obviously, but I was sure it was gonna.
Also, I don't know if I missed it or what, but I never saw what it was that Wayne said to Roland the last time they talked that made the relationship so strained, before coming back together in 2015. Can anyone clue me in.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Man this season was brilliant... especially the finale. Instead of the good guys getting the bad guy when they were trying, they wait until so much time has occured that no one is the same. When Roland and Wayne as.old.men confront an old Sir June...an old west showdown with 3 men trying to finish things up. I just think it's a dope concept. It would be like if the end of the good, the bad and the ugly the 3 way duel has those characters as old men; and instead of shooting out, they each decide to put down their guns and walk away. It's not the same of course but that's the concept I think of.

That scene would've worked better if wasn't just exposition from June. The tension was there initially...but the more he revealed, the less the tension became. The Man With No Name, Tuco, and Angel Eyes standoff worked better with little dialogue spoken because we knew somebody had to die in order to walk away with that money...we just didn't know who (well...we knew it wouldn't be Clint). I didn't think West or Hays, at this point in life, would've killed June, so the intensity wasn't what it could've been for me. This was just them wanting closure for a case the altered both of their lives.

Last edited:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Also, didn't you get the vibe from the interaction between Roland and Wayne, the night they "solved" the case, that Wayne was gonna kill himself that night? I was waiting for him to swallow the gun, I wasn't disappointed it didn't happen, obviously, but I was sure it was gonna.
Also, I don't know if I missed it or what, but I never saw what it was that Wayne said to Roland the last time they talked that made the relationship so strained, before coming back together in 2015. Can anyone clue me in.
In the beginning of the season, I thought there was a chance he'd kill himself at the end of the season. If that was ever a REAL possibility, I think it changed once he and Roland got back in touch with each other. Now he has a friend again....someone that understands him in a way similar to Amelia. Plus, when Roland mentioned that Becca was coming to see him, I couldn't see him doing it then.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
In the beginning of the season, I thought there was a chance he'd kill himself at the end of the season. If that was ever a REAL possibility, I think it changed once he and Roland got back in touch with each other. Now he has a friend again....someone that understands him in a way similar to Amelia. Plus, when Roland mentioned that Becca was coming to see him, I couldn't see him doing it then.
I took that into account as well, and still thought he was gonna do himself. It was just something about the way that they both cried when they hugged, and it looked like a look of "goodbye" from Roland. But then again, anytime you are dealing with someone with dementia like that (and I'm not sure why they never called it for what it was) every interaction can be your "last", so maybe it was a symbolic goodbye. They were both so fukking good in this season, gonna hate that we wont see these two characters again, but it hast sunk all the way in yet, i guess.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Finale was boring af just like the rest of the season. Everyone in this thread was wrong thinking there was this big ass conspiracy and so much more than what actually happened. How tf they stretched a boy tripping over a rock and a girl living with a new family for 4 decades and 8 episodes is beyond me. Worst season of television I have watched in a long time. Finale was underwhelming af and just proved how lost the writers were trying to come up with ideas to make this story drag 8 episodes. Should have just been a 2 hour movie. HBO finessed us with this BS.

S1 > > > > > S2 > > > S3

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
Finale was boring af just like the rest of the season. Everyone in this thread was wrong thinking there was this big ass conspiracy and so much more than what actually happened. How tf they stretched a boy tripping over a rock and a girl living with a new family for 4 decades and 8 episodes is beyond me. Worst season of television I have watched in a long time. Finale was underwhelming af and just proved how lost the writers were trying to come up with ideas to make this story drag 8 episodes. Should have just been a 2 hour movie. HBO finessed us with this BS.

S1 > > > > > S2 > > > S3
Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but this is an especially bad hot take. Don't cut yourself on those edges. Season 1, okay, cool, but saying season 2 was better is a fukking JOKE. Acting alone from Dorff was better than all characters combined in season 2 (the main antagonist in season 2 was Vince Vaughn playing Vince Vaughn for how ever many episodes), and I liked season 2, and that's without even mentioning Mahershala's emmy winning performance (its not even a "bookmark and up" take, it's reality, and is going to happen).

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I must have missed it, but what was the thing that the white detetictive was mad that Mahershala never apologized for?

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What a surprise...the :trash: members of this forum hated on that finale. I thought that shyt was powerful and full of so many small moments between our characters. Fantastic finale and is probably the best finale among the 3 series so far. I expect an award show sweep.

Does anyone else think that broad and the tv crew are a metaphor for the audience? She's running through all sorts of theories for whatever reason. Pushing and projecting for what she believes happen? When in actuality the story was simple as hell.

Last edited:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow...that was fukking amazing:wow:
Like better than season 1 amazing(possible in the moment overreaction):wow:
Like, good enough to make me want to give season 2 another chance amazing(almost):wow:
My eyes were close to sweating a few times:mjcry:
Mahershala is our new Denzel, yeah I said it:gucci:
Pizzolato needs to take a minimum of two years off between now and the next season. No need to rush the writing process. This proves the greatness he's capable of if he takes his time:blessed:

That moment when the son hugged him and the daughter came out. I thought I was getting soft. Had to let out a large :whew: right there and then to prevent the eye water from coming out.. Amazing fukking episode. When Roland was crying in the middle of the street and then the dog came which started his love of dogs was another :whew: moment. Spectacular shyt man.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I took that into account as well, and still thought he was gonna do himself. It was just something about the way that they both cried when they hugged, and it looked like a look of "goodbye" from Roland. But then again, anytime you are dealing with someone with dementia like that (and I'm not sure why they never called it for what it was) every interaction can be your "last", so maybe it was a symbolic goodbye. They were both so fukking good in this season, gonna hate that we wont see these two characters again, but it hast sunk all the way in yet, i guess.
That very well could have been where they were going to take it, but ended up going a different route.

Wouldn't surprise me if him committing that is a deleted scene... Then that REALLY would have left us viewers with even less closure on this story

:dead:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Hayes never really left Vietnam. He was introduced to man's ancient primitive killer nature and found he preferred it. Similar to the cultists from season one who wanted to return to life before human consciousness.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Couple of things about the last flat circle episode.
They didn't mention, not one time, that Roland was gay. Is it because it was so heavy handed that it didn't need to be mentioned, or was he not gay, just a collector of strays? I'm confused as fukk about that, even though it is not significant to the story, but it is because the season was apparently all about the characters, not the crime....
Also, I can never find these threads on Reddit about theories and shyt, I am a terrible Reddit searcher I guess, can anybody help me out with some good subs?

ROLAND ISNT GAY

:devil:
:evil: