True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Blade GOAT vampire movie
Fair enough...but he wasn't the main character. And the main character isn't doin so well now either. And the movie still didn't win shyt. Dude's career has not been stellar...and his acting in this was fukking stellar. Think about it...he's a white man whose been acting for nearly 35 years. Its not very common to see actors who are as good as he is, not really make a mark in Hollywood

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I honestly don't give a shyt about any of those things... we weren't invested in any of those characters...look you didn't even name not one of their names. And they are hardly loose ends. We saw what happened with the teenagers...simply people of interest...used to confuse the cops...they ended up innocent & bitter towards cops...Hays even visited that nikka in the 90s. We saw what happened to Lucy's friend. Person that was interviewed...don't got shyt to do with anything. Turned into a weird old wreath making bytch. Who wants to see more of her? Creepy guy. Who the fukk you even talkin bout. Person that was interviewed...maybe? Don't got shyt to do with anything (same boat as the teenagers). Rolands Girlfriend!? We know what happened...they didn't work out..Roland was a fukking wreck after Tom died, they killed that nikka, & Hays left the Police Force again to be with his family...He become a raging alcoholic fighting Hells Angels in random biker bars. Bringing home stray dogs and shyt. It aint hard to figure out what happened...aint no bytch in the world gonna put up with that shyt. Only thing they shoulda coulda done a better job at is explaining how Amelia kicked the bucket
Go watch flat circles analysis on this last episode. They bring up the loose ends. My sentiment is a sentiment shared by most people about the finale--im not aberrating with my line of thought. Go to Reddit/YouTube whatever. You'll read the same thing. I said that I loved the finale, I liked the closure, but I think the resolution of the case was mishandled. That's my feeling, not yours. If you don't share that sentiment :hubie: do you.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Go watch flat circles analysis on this last episode. They bring up the loose ends. My sentiment is a sentiment shared by most people about the finale--im not aberrating with my line of thought. Go to Reddit/YouTube whatever. You'll read the same thing. I said that I loved the finale, I liked the closure, but I think the resolution of the case was mishandled. That's my feeling, not yours. If you don't share that sentiment :hubie: do you.
:dwillhuh:
Why should anyone have to go looking for further analysis other than their own on a show that they just finished watching?

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
:dwillhuh:
Why should anyone have to go looking for further analysis other than their own on a show that they just finished watching?
They shouldn't. But he's curious on to how I think the loose ends weren't tied up. Flat circles analysis is the same analysis I had about loose ends. He can watch or don't watch. His feeling is his and mine is mine.

Im not going back and forth :hubie:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Wow...that was fukking amazing:wow:
Like better than season 1 amazing(possible in the moment overreaction):wow:
Like, good enough to make me want to give season 2 another chance amazing(almost):wow:
My eyes were close to sweating a few times:mjcry:
Mahershala is our new Denzel, yeah I said it:gucci:
Pizzolato needs to take a minimum of two years off between now and the next season. No need to rush the writing process. This proves the greatness he's capable of if he takes his time:blessed:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Wayne had all the time to have the epiphany, write down the address and hop in the car but couldn't include a lil asterisk to remind himself saying "yo, this is where Julie lives!" :mjlol:

THE ENDING WAS MAD PREDICTABLE TO ME
AT THAT POINT....

I KEPT ASKING MY WIFE...

"WHY DIDNT HE CALL ROLAND?"

THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING ROLAND AROUND
WAS TO KEEP HIM STRAIGHT WHEN THAT shyt KICKED IN
SO I KNEW IT WAS COMING.
:devil:
:evil:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again--and everyone is saying this--you always SHOW,not tell. We can guess those things yes but you show, not tell.
You want a 20 part miniseries detailing the life of everyone we met:gucci:

Spend a couple hours showing the Indian guy's kids making their way through college?

We needed to see Roland and his fiancee arguing while picking out a wedding cake? See her marry a guy and have a kid 8 years later?

We needed to spend time showing what the lady that introduced Hays in the new office did her first day on the job?

What more did we need from the teenagers?

The chick helping Julie's mom out, for what purpose would she have needed more time?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You want a 20 part miniseries detailing the life of everyone we met:gucci:

Spend a couple hours showing the Indian guy's kids making their way through college?

We needed to see Roland and his fiancee arguing while picking out a wedding cake? See her marry a guy and have a kid 8 years later?

We needed to spend time showing what the lady that introduced Hays in the new office did her first day on the job?

What more did we need from the teenagers?

The chick helping Julie's mom out, for what purpose would she have needed more time?

:mjlol: WHY DO YOU KEEP ARGUING WITH THAT CLOWN?

:mjlol:HE WAS 100% CERTAIN HENRY AND BECCA WERE DEAD
AND SOME BLACK MAN WHO HAPPENS
TO BE A COP WAS PRETENDING TO BE HAYES SON...

:mjlol:HE WAS 100% CERTAIN AMELIA WAS THE KILLER...

:mjlol:THEN AFTER ALL THAT
HE SAID WE CANT ASSUME HARRIS KILLED
LUCY AND TOM
UNTIL THEY SHOW IT ON SCREEN.

:mjlol:HE DIDNT EVEN REALIZE WILL AND JULIE
WERE TRADING MESSAGES THROUGH THE HOLE....

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
:mjlol: WHY DO YOU KEEP ARGUING WITH THAT CLOWN?

:mjlol:HE WAS 100% CERTAIN HENRY AND BECCA WERE DEAD
AND SOME BLACK MAN WHO HAPPENS
TO BE A COP WAS PRETENDING TO BE HAYES SON...

:mjlol:HE WAS 100% CERTAIN AMELIA WAS THE KILLER...

:mjlol:THEN AFTER ALL THAT
HE SAID WE CANT ASSUME HARRIS KILLED
LUCY AND TOM
UNTIL THEY SHOW IT ON SCREEN.

:mjlol:HE DIDNT EVEN REALIZE WILL AND JULIE
WERE TRADING MESSAGES THROUGH THE HOLE....

Lol you are a fakkit ass nikka that's scared to at me. Stay talking shyt but won't put an address on it. You've been on my dikk for the past 5 pages. Get off my dikk and get a life and change your font, fakkit ass nikka.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
I watched Flat Circle right when it ended. Its fair to bring em up and want some more resolution...Its just my opinion that those particular characters are either a) minor to the grand scheme of things, b) have already sufficiently been explained by actually showing what happened or by using logic to fill in the blanks or c.) both. Showing how every single thing turned out and how every single character ends up in 2015 would make it come off cheesy and take away from the ambiguity that Nic was purposely weaving throughout the entire season. IMO. I mean c'mon...so not finding out more about some nameless weird ass nikka who appeared in 1 episode for like 3-5 mins and really had no bearing on the ending hurts this shyt to you...gimme a break. Flat Circle was great and all...but I form my own opinion independent from them.

Last edited:

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I watched Flat Circle right when it ended. Its fair to bring em up and want resolution...Its just my opinion that these characters are minor to the grand scheme of things. Showing every single thing turned out and how every single character ends up in 2008 or whatever would make it come of cheesy and take away from the ambiguity that Nic was purposely weaving throughout the entire season. IMO. I mean c'mon...so not finding out more about some nameless weird ass nikka who appeared in 1 episode for like 3-5 mins and really had no bearing on the ending hurts this shyt to you...gimme a break
Let's give it a few weeks/months. I bet money he will come out in some interview and say the show was intended to be longer OR much of the stuff he wanted to include was cut (not just the Amelia death). I guarantee you that's what happened. If that's not the case then the fukking writer should be shot. No way in hell should so many people be upset/disappointed/feeling jipped because of writing/plotting decisions. This stuff is basic in writing.. BASIC. Ok let's say the other minor shyt doesn't matter. At the very least they could have shown more. Dude they told A LOT in that episode. Again I don't get why you guys get so up in arms over my opinion. I am saying the same thing everyone is saying. Only difference is I'm saying the finale was great, but there could have been things switched around in a neater way.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Man this season was brilliant... especially the finale. Instead of the good guys getting the bad guy when they were trying, they wait until so much time has occured that no one is the same. When Roland and Wayne as.old.men confront an old Sir June...an old west showdown with 3 men trying to finish things up. I just think it's a dope concept. It would be like if the end of the good, the bad and the ugly the 3 way duel has those characters as old men; and instead of shooting out, they each decide to put down their guns and walk away. It's not the same of course but that's the concept I think of.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla

"WHY DIDNT HE CALL ROLAND?"

THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING ROLAND AROUND
WAS TO KEEP HIM STRAIGHT WHEN THAT shyt KICKED IN
SO I KNEW IT WAS COMING.

I asked this same question. When he drove out there on his own, I was like....damn....he's going to have an episode. Figured it would happen before he actually found the place, though.