True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
So what the fukk was all that with the teenagers?

Didn't Will tell them he couldn't find his sister and they took his bike? But they were playing hide and seek with Isabella right? Did he give up in the middle of the game and ride his bike to go find the teenagers and tell them he couldn't find Julie? Then he went back to the woods and found her? :wtf:

I normally don't concern myself with plot holes or inconsistencies but the teenagers were a major part of the story, they spent a lot of time on them.

I'm having trouble seeing where they fit in all of this. What am I not getting here?

U right.

Probably a plot hole.

He had to know where she was.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i actually really enjoyed the finale and i haven't exactly thought this season was great.
the performances of the leads carried it. the story wasn't ever that interesting in the first place.

i know people probably wanted a big pay off
but how they weaved his dementia at the end, stopping them from putting a bow on the whole thing worked for me.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
So what the fukk was all that with the teenagers?

Didn't Will tell them he couldn't find his sister and they took his bike? But they were playing hide and seek with Isabella right? Did he give up in the middle of the game and ride his bike to go find the teenagers and tell them he couldn't find Julie? Then he went back to the woods and found her? :wtf:

I normally don't concern myself with plot holes or inconsistencies but the teenagers were a major part of the story, they spent a lot of time on them.

I'm having trouble seeing where they fit in all of this. What am I not getting here?

They don't. That's the point. In a case like this there are dead ends and missing links. Every moment isn't spent on the right track. As far as time, they spent what, 3 scenes on them? Enough time to find out what they could before they moved on. If every single lead immediately, directly paid off then there would be no story :manny:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't feeling this season at all, and I'm definitely not one of those guys that compare it to season 1. It was just not my cup of tea, and as someone said earlier in this thread, those scenes when he's an old man were boring as shyt. 3 timelines were overkill.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I did feel they should have done a little bit more show than tell with Cyclops but I'm not sure exactly how that would have been executed. Cyclops is full of shyt tho. He was tracking Hays because he wanted to kill him. I don't think he felt remorse really. Even in his speech to them he had still held the position of what they did was "right"

How could it ever be right? Tom was a good father by most accounts. So what the mom was a piece of shyt. It's not up to them to decide. One is kidnapped the other dies in an "accident".. they kill Tom.. I mean Hoyt and them got more than a couple bodies on them plus a kidnapping charge let's be real. These motherfukkers would have been doing football numbers if Hays put it together :russ:

Should have read his sexy ass wife's book.. Amelia had the answers in plain sight :sas2:

I think Mr June actually SAW himself as a "good guy". He deluded himself into thinking that he was trying to save Julie when he let her go. But we saw how crazy he was acting when he came to the book signing. He probably spent years wandering around ranting and raving like a madman looking for the girl, completely separate from Hoyt and his people (since in his mind he "saved" Julie from them himself.)

When he showed up acting like that at the convent, that's probably when they concocted the HIV story. I take Hoyt at face value when he said he wasn't looking for the girl at that point.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Would yal been happy with the finale if he offed himself?
:francis:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
I don't think they had to redo ending. I think that's the intended ending, but just think about the sheer number of loose ends unresolved. Sorry but if that was intended then that's awful writing.

So what happened with the teenagers?
What was up with that weirdo lady neighbor that was always around Lucy?
What about that one creepy guy?
What happened with Roland's girlfriend?

Man there's a lot of shyt unresolved.
I honestly don't give a shyt about any of those things... we weren't invested in any of those characters...look you didn't even name not one of their names. And they are hardly loose ends. We saw what happened with the teenagers...simply people of interest...used to confuse the cops...they ended up innocent & bitter towards cops...Hays even visited that nikka in the 90s. We saw what happened to Lucy's friend. Person that was interviewed...don't got shyt to do with anything. Turned into a weird old wreath making bytch. Who wants to see more of her? Creepy guy. Who the fukk you even talkin bout. Person that was interviewed...maybe? Don't got shyt to do with anything (same boat as the teenagers). Rolands Girlfriend!? We know what happened...they didn't work out..Roland was a fukking wreck after Tom died, they killed that nikka, & Hays left the Police Force again to be with his family...He become a raging alcoholic fighting Hells Angels in random biker bars. Bringing home stray dogs and shyt. It aint hard to figure out what happened...aint no bytch in the world gonna put up with that shyt. Only thing they shoulda coulda done a better job at is explaining how Amelia kicked the bucket