True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think they had to redo ending. I think that's the intended ending, but just think about the sheer number of loose ends unresolved. Sorry but if that was intended then that's awful writing.

So what happened with the teenagers?
What about them? They had nothing to do with what happened. We saw one of them was living a fukked up life in the 1990 timeline.

What was up with that weirdo lady neighbor that was always around Lucy?
She was a woman supporting her friend/neighbor. What needed to be explained about her?

What about that one creepy guy?
:gucci:

What happened with Roland's girlfriend?

They broke up. Sometimes engagements don't lead to marriage. We saw issues when Hays and Amelia went to their place, Hays asked when the wedding was, chick had the :francis: while Roland was looking at Hays with the :stopitslime:"Don't be stirring shyt up"

Man there's a lot of shyt unresolved.
Not really. A lot of the shyt people are calling unresolved was either resolved or needed no resolving. We don't need every character that we come across to have their story ended in a tight little bow, even if it's inconsequential to the story.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
the finale was good
not great but good
it's like there was some restrain and subtlety to not have it go overboard a la fargo season 2 with the alien shiet
I think this conclusion was the more plausible one.
not every child crime involves cult shiet and it's actually a good thing
good job to Pizzolatto. acting was A+ hope they'll get multiple Emmys. Breaking Bad's last season was just too big of a juggernaut for season 1
and lol @people who actually bothered to watch season 2 'til the end. stopped watching that shiet after the 3rd or 4th episode

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I did feel they should have done a little bit more show than tell with Cyclops but I'm not sure exactly how that would have been executed. Cyclops is full of shyt tho. He was tracking Hays because he wanted to kill him. I don't think he felt remorse really. Even in his speech to them he had still held the position of what they did was "right"

How could it ever be right? Tom was a good father by most accounts. So what the mom was a piece of shyt. It's not up to them to decide. One is kidnapped the other dies in an "accident".. they kill Tom.. I mean Hoyt and them got more than a couple bodies on them plus a kidnapping charge let's be real. These motherfukkers would have been doing football numbers if Hays put it together :russ:

Should have read his sexy ass wife's book.. Amelia had the answers in plain sight :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
yea I'm with you ....I think the season was good but I wanted something more disturbing. season 1 might have ruined the series for me I guess I gotta face the fact that was it there won't be anything like it.

Season 1 will probably always be the GOAT. It might be the best season of television of any crime show ever.. just :wow:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the finale was good
not great but good
it's like there was some restrain and subtlety to not have it go overboard a la fargo season 2 with the alien shiet
I think this conclusion was the more plausible one.
not every child crime involves cult shiet and it's actually a good thing

good job to Pizzolatto. acting was A+ hope they'll get multiple Emmys. Breaking Bad's last season was just too big of a juggernaut for season 1
and lol @people who actually bothered to watch season 2 'til the end. stopped watching that shiet after the 3rd or 4th episode

But this is TV, not real life. People want to see creepy disturbing shyt....it part of the reason why season 1 was so huge.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
But this is TV, not real life. People want to see creepy disturbing shyt....it part of the reason why season 1 was so huge.
I think people want to be moved
it would have felt forced and too formulaic to have the cult stuff again
it was hinted at but ultimately had nothing to do with that and I think that in itself should be enough to have people be more :ohhh: /:ehh:than :hhh: /:scust:
but to each his own I guess....
not every season of a tv show can be a masterpiece
cats gotta learn to accept that and be content with good enough

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
What about them? They had nothing to do with what happened. We saw one of them was living a fukked up life in the 1990 timeline.

She was a woman supporting her friend/neighbor. What needed to be explained about her?

:gucci:

They broke up. Sometimes engagements don't lead to marriage. We saw issues when Hays and Amelia went to their place, Hays asked when the wedding was, chick had the :francis: while Roland was looking at Hays with the :stopitslime:"Don't be stirring shyt up"

Not really. A lot of the shyt people are calling unresolved was either resolved or needed no resolving. We don't need every character that we come across to have their story ended in a tight little bow, even if it's inconsequential to the story.
Again--and everyone is saying this--you always SHOW,not tell. We can guess those things yes but you show, not tell.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I like cool shyt. And this ending was not cool. However I will admit, I was wondering how this was gonna end with two geriatric dectectives busting up a pedophile crime ring.

Neither the case. The acting was great and the journey to the final episode was great. I'm just the type of person that likes a little action in my stories.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So what the fukk was all that with the teenagers?

Didn't Will tell them he couldn't find his sister and they took his bike? But they were playing hide and seek with Isabella right? Did he give up in the middle of the game and ride his bike to go find the teenagers and tell them he couldn't find Julie? Then he went back to the woods and found her? :wtf:

I normally don't concern myself with plot holes or inconsistencies but the teenagers were a major part of the story, they spent a lot of time on them.

I'm having trouble seeing where they fit in all of this. What am I not getting here?