True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This leads me to believe that the Nick P. may wanted more episodes (perhaps 1 or 2 more) to allow the storyline to flesh out completely, but HBO only approved for 8...due to budget constraints.

Just like Season 5 of The Wire :francis:
Every season thus far has been 8 episodes tho

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hays kept secrets from her.
And he said he would quit during their conversation at the bar. She also knew that this particular case consumed his mind since 80.

So she made an executive decision not to tell him directly, but put it in her book instead.

"You want to hide something from a nikka? Put it in a book" - Jadakiss

:damn:

Maybe Hays figures it all out if he read his wife's book when she was still around

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Loved the scene with Roland and the dog.

I'm still pissed Tom never got to see his daughter, and his baby momma knew she was alive living close by.

Cyclops is dead azz wrong. He knew a crackhead mom sold her daughter and the father was looking for her.

I am confused about: - did Julie and the nuns know she was the missing Purcell girl? Did the Ardoin boy have to tell her? And why wouldn't she want to see her dad?

Haliax

Pro
Daps
Reppin
united kingdom
So Hayes found Julie but his dementia kicked on and he didnt recognize her??? Is that what happened??? Why did he go on the drive alone??

Someone help me make sense of this???? :damn:

I think he played the dementia angle so that Julie wouldnt get remotely suspicious. He saw that she had moved on and found happiness. No need to dig up her old wounds by making her suspicious.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Great Finale. I understand that people wanted more puzzles to solve or some twist, but this was the only feasible way it could've ended. Hayes and West are old men....if there was something MAJOR going on still...what could they have done? Plus, having nuns fake your death and marrying the guy that was questioned about you as a little kid was a decent enough twist. The little girl being named "Lucy" was a nice touch. I didn't care for the exposition by the 1 eyed brother, but...it's 2015...how else would we have gotten the details? This was well done and a master class in acting by Ali and Dorff.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Nic did it again.:wow: normally i get angry about media pump faking finales and i kind of was with this but i was satisfied. S1 gave me the same feeling:wow::wow::wow::wow:

The journey, the acting

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
It’s all up for interpretation but I feel like he didn’t want to take away the peace Julie had in her life. And he knows his son is in bed with the podcast broad.

But I feel like your second point negates the first. If he wants her to have peace why send that snooping podcast chick her way? I think he genuinely forgot who she was. He gave his son the paper to follow up.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I liked the finale. Yes, the dinner table scene was too heavy on exposition, although it did simply put all the pieces in the right place. I do think the ending would have worked better if Pizzolatto could get us to care more about Hays and Amelia. I think the right idea was there but it didn't feel like an accumulation of their interactions like the intention seemed to be.

Either way the season as a whole was great to me, with amazing acting from Ali, Dorff and McNairy.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
7/10 Season

Ending felt rushed and extremely anti climactic IMO...Didn't really care much for the twist at the end and It was obvious that little girl was probably her daughter before the reveal...

Mahershala acting stole the show and made this season...Without his stellar performance this is a 4/10 season at best...The way breh acted like a senile old man was ridiculous...If I didn't know that was him I would of legit thought that was a real senile old man...

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Becca's distance (Henry's too...in the earlier episodes) from her dad is pretty obvious. After their mother died, he became emotionally distant with his own grief and didn't do much to consider his kids' grief. "Dad, we're hurting too". It was downhill after that.