True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gotta chew on this a little bit, but I actually really liked that finale. Got some closure, and it was actually kind of moving at points.

Also, I don't believe for a second that Hays actually had a dementia episode outside Julie's house. I might be wrong, but it seems as if he just needed a convenient excuse to actually talk to those two without blowing her cover.
It seemed like he went in and out of it to me. He was legit lost when he called his son, but I feel like after Lucie came back with his water, he kinda remembered why he was there... But just left it alone.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I don't think he faked it. If it was just an excuse to talk to them, why call his son in the car? He was definitely panicking shortly after parking because he didn't know where he was at.

it looked like he remembered what he was looking for while drinking the water but saw that julie was living a happy life and didn't wanna bother her.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think episodes 1 & 2 and episodes 6 & 7 are all dope as fukk with the background music, the cinematography and the tension/horror aspect. Finale got a little talky but it was cool how it tied together. So overall it was a very good season to me :manny:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Man the women in this show are just :wow:

That grown up Rebecca actress is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Seriously. Skin tone, hair and face perfect. I just want to see her without makeup :ohlawd:.

And then you have Amelia..that scene with them reconciling in 90 :wow:. What a beautiful character she was. Did everything she could to love a broken man trapped by his demons. She never gave up on him no matter what...had her crying in the bar, worn out and desperate, begging for the marriage to continue, crying because she so much loved a man full of broken promises, and still in the end strong enough to forgive and continue. I hope to Christ I find a woman who cries over me because she loves me, and not because she's done something wrong :to::why:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
It seemed like he went in and out of it to me. He was legit lost when he called his son, but I feel like after Lucie came back with his water, he kinda remembered why he was there... But just left it alone.

Like I said in another post, it's written and shot ambiguously enough that either explanation could be the right one, which I'm fine with. It makes complete sense for a season dealing with themes of memory and storytelling to leave the resolution of its story deliberately murky.

I don't think he faked it. If it was just an excuse to talk to them, why call his son in the car? He was definitely panicking shortly after parking because he didn't know where he was at.

He needed a good and believable alibi just in case the kid remembered him and Julie became suspicious. :manny:

So yes, he could be panicking, or he could have been looking for his phone. I'd have to watch it again, but either one seems like it could be a plausible explanation. I'm cool with either one after thinking on it for a bit.

For all that people shyt on the Julius scene for its explicit exposition (I personally was fine with it; that shyt just happens sometimes), the last half hour dealt in levels ambiguity that the first two season finales didn't even attempt to touch, for the most part.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Marty and Rust will never be topped bro stop it

This season was pretty good, I'm excited for future seasons. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Think I need to rewatch season 2 because I forget most of it
For real. S2 was more bearable for me when I stopped having heightened expectations after S1.

Those expensive ass aerial shots were fukkin beautiful, man. :mjcry:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Man oh mothafukkin man...was that good or what. HBO is unfukkwitable to me at this point. What a rollercoaster ride that was. I wanted to stand up a clap. Literally one of the best endings I've ever seen. I know some of ya'll wanted more murderous action...more justice...more like the 1st season...more satisfaction...maybe I did too...but it aint that way...its the other way. They wan't ya'll to feel like you didn't get closure...like pretty much every character in this entire series. I thought they tied everything together in a beautiful, creative, mindblowing, mindfukking way. Everyone had 100 conspiracies about all the characters...but most of em turned out completely different. Some real life parallels to that shyt. This show's made to make you really use your brain...I can see why some dumb nikkas aint feeling this. TD is not for empty of mind...Man! Dementia is so frustrating. I wish we woulda seen more of Hoyt...that dude was a boss. This shyt was good brehs...this shyt was real good. Maybe better than Season 1.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
"I'm gonna take 8 hours worth of an investigation and have it solved and explained in less than 5 minutes at a kitchen table." :troll:

That was disappointing and frustrating
For real, and I'm actually kinda glad Saulnier left now.

This was a pretty bad finale. This wasn't about fan theories paying off, it was just awfully structured storytelling.

I'm curious to hear @hex's thoughts on it

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
From some Reddit user:

zfxn28g72oi21.jpg

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: