True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Don't know if anyone in the thread mentioned/thought about this, but I just realized that the scene from episode 7 where Sarah Gadon's character reveals her child trafficking theory, ties it into the Cohle/Hart case from season 1, and Wayne responds by saying something to the effect of "I don't know anything about that" was a direct shot from Pizzolato at the conspiracy theorist section of the fanbase (so basically the fanbase). :dead:

The shot of her laptop with the news report on the case might as well have been followed with Pizzolato looking directly at the camera like :francis: "C'mon guys...no. Really? No. That's not how I operate." :francis:

i legit thought s3 would have some connection to s1 after seeing that. that's why i thought the abduction would be connected to a pedo ring.

Yes but they fukked up on the 2nd most important character - Julie. They didn't develop her character at all. The case and the twist centered around Julie Parcells but they couldn't even dedicate an episode to her character development from her view so the audience can see things from her view. That's was the biggest weakness this season.

the main character was wayne and his development and relationship with amelia. the character julie and her case was there to help drive wayne's character development.

thinking about it, i believe this story was more about wayne finding himself. he was searching for julie but ironically the case helped him find himself.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think a lot of the people saying this was weak just wanted some sick and disgusting pedo ring, cult shyt :manny:

We already had that and judging by the way they attempted to tie in season 1 they will probably go back to it.

I'm fine with the happy ending and yeah I think Amelia solved the case in 1990 and kept that secret.

Hoyt didn't know? I call bullshyt, he knew :stopitslime:

Also I'm not about to give Cyclops a pass for this... they kidnapped the girl and was responsible for the boy death :russ:

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
Yes but they fukked up on the 2nd most important character - Julie. They didn't develop her character at all. The case and the twist centered around Julie Parcells but they couldn't even dedicate an episode to her character development from her view so the audience can see things from her view. That's was the biggest weakness this season.
How they gonna show the perspective of Julie when we're wondering if she's in a pedo ring, dead, drugged out somewhere, the pink room, all those other theories and you want an episode dedicated to her and see character development from a missing person and leave zero imagination :beli:

:aicmon:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
As crazy as it might seem my favorite season finale of true detective was season 2.

The problem with this finale was the direction.

Barry Jenkins could have directed the exact same story and it would have been far more powerful. The directing here felt like a 3 episode of a abc cop drama.

The dementia angle should have been felt throughout the entire episode. It was directed way too safe and not enough flair.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I think a lot of the people saying this was weak just wanted some sick and disgusting pedo ring, cult shyt :manny:

We already had that and judging by the way they attempted to tie in season 1 they will probably go back to it.

I'm fine with the happy ending and yeah I think Amelia solved the case in 1990 and kept that secret.

Hoyt didn't know? I call bullshyt, he knew :stopitslime:

Also I'm not about to give Cyclops a pass for this... they kidnapped the girl and was responsible for the boy death :russ:

OF COURSE HE KNEW...

HE WASNT GOING TO FULLY COME OUT AND CONFESS TO A COP...

HE TOLD HAYES IF HE CONTINUED TO LOOK FOR JULIE
HIS MEN WILL CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR HER.

:devil:
:evil:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, I don't believe for a second that Hays actually had a dementia episode outside Julie's house. I might be wrong, but it seems as if he just needed a convenient excuse to actually talk to those two without blowing her cover.
I don't think he faked it. If it was just an excuse to talk to them, why call his son in the car? He was definitely panicking shortly after parking because he didn't know where he was at.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
As far as people wanting twists

I mean...I read a whole lot of theories of how it would end but I don’t recall seeing people predicting Julie faked her death and got a happily ever after :skip:

That's a happy ending for her which nobody expected and judging by this thread, wanted. :russ:

But I mean how many times can you go to the well of "evil rich pedo ring cult" before it runs dry?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I fukked with it. I made sure I stayed out of this thread all season cause I already know nikkas were wildin' with the predictions and spoilers

It's safe to say nobody guessed that's how it would of played out

:whew:

LMAO

THE STUPID ASS PREDICTIONS
WAS THE BEST PART THOUGH.

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SEASON
WAS COMMON SENSE
AND nikkaS LET THEIR IMAGINATIONS
RUN ALL OVER THE PLACE.

:mjlol:DID YOU SEE THE WAY ROLAND LOOKED AT HARRIS
BEFORE HE KILLED HIM?

ROLAND WAS IN ON IT.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMAO

WAS COMMON SENSE
RUN ALL OVER THE PLACE.

BEFORE HE KILLED HIM?

ROLAND WAS IN ON IT.

I feel like the creator used the chick making the documentary as a stand in for the audience that come up with crazy theories.

She was saying it was some child sex ring and even connected it to the 1st season, talking about, look at the dolls:ohhh:

:russ:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
LMAO

WAS COMMON SENSE
RUN ALL OVER THE PLACE.

BEFORE HE KILLED HIM?

ROLAND WAS IN ON IT.

Ya, but I've had too many great seasons low-key spoiled (WestWorld S1, True Detective S1 etc) because of people just throwing shyt out there and seeing if it sticks by the end of the season. Or worse... People just straight up posting blatant spoilers

:hubie: