Triple 9 (2016)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
just saw a trailer for this for the first time yesterday. that cast, the premise :ohhh: im all the way in i hope its a classic

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Saw it on Sunday, it didn't exactly bring anything new to the genre and the fact cable shows feel like movies these days having 2 members of the main crew be cable alums was jarring. Having said that the movie was dope, good to see perennial bag handlers in ejifor and Mackie be leads for once shame it had to be by way of being crooks.:francis: I have a new found respect for Kristin Scott Thomas after Winslet failed at doing the same role.

Given the premise and cast it should've been better and if any one wants to make some heat comparison tell em to :camby: that wasn't the 1st movie to have a heist FFS

They weren't very subtle with
the group dynamic with the brothas and Mexican being the most evil and all the mericans cacs being goodies except the one that was only bad cuz he was strung out. Is there a male equivalent for Mary sue if so that would be Casey Affleck character, very dated.
So much potential but knocking everyone off ala departed felt like lazy writing to me. Winslet's death was very shortchanging, the crew were already on board they had ejifor son but still needed to send him a message by killing Norman reedus? Of course they did because how else would that facilitate Aaron paul's character ruining everything. That sort of telegraphed contrivance in writing makes it lose marks

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Double Toasted say the action is good but the plot has some serious holes. Just an average movie. Not sure If I wanna see it now but I'll wait for more feedback.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It was good. There's nothing new here, so it was the average heist/crooked cop flick. However, it was carried by some great acting. I also like that they didn't drag the movie on for too long. Woody had fun in his role.