Triple 9 (2016)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I emphasized that January and Feb were trash in my post. Occasionally march has a gem, but usually Chappie

How about you share your thoughts on the trailer instead of talking about it dropping in February like that's supposed to mean something?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
How about you share your thoughts on the trailer instead of talking about it dropping in February like that's supposed to mean something?
It was decent. Ejiofor being in it makes me cautiously optimistic. Looks like a david ayer film though and im kinda getting tired of the street film genre

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How did Weinstein fukk it up :ohhh:
(thought it was ok)

Pretty much the usual Weinstein shenanigans. In an attempt to make the movie more "mainstream accessible", he cut the screen time of Tom Hardy and Jessica Chastain in favor of Shia LaBeouf's character because he felt a younger lead actor would appeal more to younger crowds. That's why Chastain is pretty much just "there" the whole movie. Similarly he cut out the more gruesome and violent scenes because he feared it would scare away female audiences (something Weinstein also did with Gangs Of New York) and all around just dumbed down the narrative because he thinks audiences are dumb and stupid (something he also tried to do with Snowpiercer). The whole ordeal was so meddlesome that Nick Cave said the movie turned him away from writing movies because every word he put on page felt like it was going to get messed with.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Just saw the trailer. Looks dope.
I wonder when it's gonna be released in South Africa though:patrice: