TRIANGLE STRATEGY (PC, Switch) (March 4, 2022) (PC on October 13, 2022)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Getting worked on these battles now, literally lose 5-7 times :mjcry:

Hard mode ain't no jokeon chapter 9
Finished Chapter 13 last night :wow: they made me do this :mjcry:

I don't know what road you taking, but I promise it don't get easier :wow::wow:

The late game isn't what I expected, it's kinda better lol. I imagined progression would lead to more enemies and objective based stuff considering how the game starts. Instead terrain becomes more complex and enemy units get way stronger. Pleasantly surprised for sure.

Objectives do pop up now and then. But enemies bringing way more to the table - along with terrain advantages becoming more important beyond "secure the turret or it will be used against you" is dope. High ground and choke point stuff is obvious, but calling in a tempest to ruin all archers on the map? Followed by that same tempest causing fires to spread more rapidly? Maps stay generally compact as well. I loved 3H but towards the end of that game, you may as well have been fighting across Skyrim.

Boss units/commanders feel perfect. Oppressive as fukk in a group. You naturally just work to isolating them and bullying then out the paint. Organic/10. Some games do way too much with bosses in this genre. Too often you'll get to a boss and have to basically switch up everything you've learned up to that point.

I like the story but sheesh.... There's some points where you'll wish you were on a collectathon instead. Its good so I'm kinda indifferent to the drag there. You can skip stuff too. But its borderline visual novel at times.

Just found out there's a true ending too so I'm already thinking about how I'm gonna run it back. This game is fire.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Just beat Chapter 14

I'm deep into the bad ending :mjcry: down catastrophic. down horrendous.

This wasn't even the final boss. I ain't even want this beef either. Motherfukker chased me back and forth across the courtyard like a scene out of Jurassic Park :damn:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This reminds me in a way of Gungir on the PSP which speaks to how ahead of its time that game was. But its crazy because just like Triangle Strategy you gotta really think 4 or 5 steps ahead and the odds are always against you.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I went ahead and picked the worst ending since I knew I was gonna replay

:wow::mjpls::pacspit:

starting at about chapter fourteen I had to start training up some of the units you might dismiss at a glance cus I was getting my butt kicked

picolletta's "decoy" ability is great to take pressure off your units, and lionel has a long range enrage ability that you can hit units with to pick them off one by one when they're grouped up.

not one map did I win the first go around on hard:pachaha:

slight battle spoilers and depending on your choices might not even get this battle but that chapter 14 or 15 boss fight where healers spawn all the way in the back had me struggling for a legit 3 hours:upsetfavre:

enemy units hit so hard on hard that the majority of characters are dead in two and a half hits. if your unit gets immobilized or paralyzed you might as well say goodbye

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
So this game sounds like a buy :ehh: I'll definitely be on this one during the weekend.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Never played a game like this really. Trying to get I to this style of game. Should instatt here or would another game be recommended to get use to tactical RPGs? On the switch of course
something easier to get into for a SRPG is Mercenaries saga:

then you can dive into something like disgaea and this game.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
something easier to get into for a SRPG is Mercenaries saga:

then you can dive into something like disgaea and this game.

I never could get the hang of Disgaea. Not sure why. Stuff like Fire Emblem and Jeanne d'arc I'm good with though. Hoping this is more like the latter two.