TRIANGLE STRATEGY (PC, Switch) (March 4, 2022) (PC on October 13, 2022)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if there was perma death i'd be on my 10th run :mjlol:

i never played on tv. not enough games seemed worth the effort on switch these days tbh. been portable the whole time

If i weren’t so lazy about sending in my left joy-con I’d play it portable, might just cop one off amazon

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
if there was perma death i'd be on my 10th run :mjlol:

i never played on tv. not enough games seemed worth the effort on switch these days tbh. been portable the whole time

Only Xenoblade should be played in docked, the rest of the switch's library is strictly handheld only. But that's more so due to the fact the cutscenes look good enough and Xenoblade on handheld is asscheeks to me.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this game is so damn fun.

My only gripes so far are the pacing…like, damn this is a whole visual novel. I’m just now fighting my 2nd battle after like 3 in game hours of playing this. I am enjoying the story but I need some more battles to break it up.

I’ve switched to handheld mode and the the resolution is so much more bareable but i do wish the sprite works was nicer in general. It’s kind of absurd how the sprites in FFT which came out 25 years ago are still more readable and detailed. Even TO:LUCT had better sprite work

Overall i already know this is gonna be one of my sleepers this year

Edit——

I also think they should have used the portraits during the cutscenes if they were gonna be this extensive. Like this…

Tactics-Ogre-Let-Us-Cling-Together-PSP-Screenshot-143.jpg

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
this game is so damn fun.

My only gripes so far are the pacing…like, damn this is a whole visual novel. I’m just now fighting my 2nd battle after like 3 in game hours of playing this. I am enjoying the story but I need some more battles to break it up.

I’ve switched to handheld mode and the the resolution is so much more bareable but i do wish the sprite works was nicer in general. It’s kind of absurd how the sprites in FFT which came out 25 years ago are still more readable and detailed. Even TO:LUCT had better sprite work

Overall i already know this is gonna be one of my sleepers this year

Edit——

I also think they should have used the portraits during the cutscenes if they were gonna be this extensive. Like this…

Tactics-Ogre-Let-Us-Cling-Together-PSP-Screenshot-143.jpg
yeah, the portrait thing is a weird gripe i've started to wonder about as well. during dialogue, you can hit X to bring up the speaking character's profile/portrait - i did it out of habit, but as the game goes on the profile descriptions change based on events as well

and yeah especially early on and around chapter 9 in particular it hit visual novel pacing. i was :damn: the whole time and enjoying it but i think it stands out so much because sometimes when you start the game up you just expect to drop right into the next battle.

im around chapter 16 right now and im just grinding battles because the main events got me shook as fukk lately :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yeah, the portrait thing is a weird gripe i've started to wonder about as well. during dialogue, you can hit X to bring up the speaking character's profile/portrait - i did it out of habit, but as the game goes on the profile descriptions change based on events as well

and yeah especially early on and around chapter 9 in particular it hit visual novel pacing. i was :damn: the whole time and enjoying it but i think it stands out so much because sometimes when you start the game up you just expect to drop right into the next battle.

im around chapter 16 right now and im just grinding battles because the main events got me shook as fukk lately :dead:

Big change from FFT where you get to a new location and someone talks shyt for a little bit and you get to it.

I’m wondering if i should switch to Hard mode. Just got done with battle 3 and it was kinda easy but these games are known to ramp up. I just dont want it to be to make the enemies spongier where i gotta have half my squad dog piling one soldier to beat him. I remember that being annoying in the first demo i played of this.

What does difficulty change?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Big change from FFT where you get to a new location and someone talks shyt for a little bit and you get to it.

I’m wondering if i should switch to Hard mode. Just got done with battle 3 and it was kinda easy but these games are known to ramp up. I just dont want it to be to make the enemies spongier where i gotta have half my squad dog piling one soldier to beat him. I remember that being annoying in the first demo i played of this.

Hard mode is Dumb hard....:mjcry:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Ya'll finna make me buy this shyt :francis:

Or at least redownload the demo :patrice:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Hard mode is dumb hard. Early on its all whatever because abilities, buffs, terrain stuff is pretty straightforward. Treat it like a normal tactics game and you'll be aight regardless. Later? I shyt you not these motherfukkers dropped Fury on MY tank then took off with him across the map :dead:
Hard mode is Dumb hard....:mjcry:
I swear they be going for off the wall And1 combos on my ass specifically in hard mode :gucci:

Healer unattended :demonic: you know that means

You seem awfully close to a ledge :demonic: wonder who's turn comes first
Spark :demonic: paralyzed and 1 hp left. time to choose again

the whole map is flammable :demonic: and i have the high ground because fukk you

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hard mode is dumb hard. Early on its all whatever because abilities, buffs, terrain stuff is pretty straightforward. Treat it like a normal tactics game and you'll be aight regardless. Later? I shyt you not these motherfukkers dropped Fury on MY tank then took off with him across the map :dead:

I swear they be going for off the wall And1 combos on my ass specifically in hard mode :gucci:

Healer unattended :demonic: you know that means

You seem awfully close to a ledge :demonic: wonder who's turn comes first
Spark :demonic: paralyzed and 1 hp left. time to choose again

the whole map is flammable :demonic: and i have the high ground because fukk you
Spark got me tight.

Mad OP