Traveling is SO OVERRATED: Most people wouldn't travel if they couldn't post it on Social Media

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
So you basically eating and dancing? See that’s what I said in the first post. Traveling is cool to do but it’s overrated IMO. Traveling to other places is what made me realize there really ain’t that much stuff to do on earth

Nah. I go do what I enjoy. I love art so I’m going to Venice Italy in three weeks to go to the Biennale, the oldest art festival in the world.

One of the benefits of traveling is to see how other people and cultures do things that interests you. It creates a reference point outside of what you’re used to doing and seeing to compare to.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I don't know when, bit I'm finna travel on some spiritual tip. I'm thinking of going to indonesia for at least month, rent out a little apartment and just detox myself from all my addictions, detox myself from all the bullshyt living in the city; tired of the fukking city man, seeing people you grew up with dying, in jail,hooked on drugs. I need a spot where I can meditate, fast and pray. Not sure if that's the best country for it, but I need that more than anything.

Not trying to party or any of that shyt, during that trip

Last edited:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know when, bit I'm finna travel on some spiritual tip. I'm thinking of going to indonesia for at least month, rent out a little apartment and just detox myself from all my addictions, detox myself from all the bullshyt living in the city; tired of the fukking city man, seeing people you grew up with dying, in jail,hooked on drugs. I need a spot where I can meditate, fast and pray. Not sure if that's the best country for it, but I need that more than anything.

Not trying to party or any of that shyt, during that trip
Indonesia don’t play about drugs or anything like that so that’s a good place to go to detox and meditate

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I noticed you asked this question to multiple people and they all ducked out on the question. :sas2:
When you vacation what all do you do? I’m sure everything you mention I’ve tried it

Nobody ducked it, its just a loaded question that you can’t ‘win’ answering. Mans said I can do everything you doin from my house :laff:

Like if you wanna get that reductive hey you win travel ain’t shyt. It’d be like saying ‘why fukk Beyoncé? I got a girl with a vagina and titties right here’. ‘Why go to the Amazon rainforest, it’s gon rain tomorrow right here’

Nggas know a trick bag question when they see it. There’s answers all up n down this thread, if you chose to be dismissive and got your mind made up, cool

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So you basically eating and dancing? See that’s what I said in the first post. Traveling is cool to do but it’s overrated IMO. Traveling to other places is what made me realize there really ain’t that much stuff to do on earth

:what:

Have you watched Anthony Bourdain (RIP to the GAWD)? All that nikka did was eat on his travels, but you would have to be a simple minded nikka (nothing wrong with that) to watch the depth of what he experienced and showed to us, and say, "all he doing is eating, I can eat in my home city".

Part of travelling (not including the vapid social media stunting from a closed off resort) is witnessing first hand how people just like you are impacted by history, politics, food, geography, economics, culture... I'm am avid history buff so I visit museums, historical landmarks and (if possible) converse with everyday folk about the impact of historical events on their lives today.

It's ok not to appreciate that. What I don't get is the putting down of travelling as a hobby that has merit.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Nobody ducked it, its just a loaded question that you can’t ‘win’ answering. Mans said I can do everything you doin from my house :laff:

Like if you wanna get that reductive hey you win travel ain’t shyt. It’d be like saying ‘why fukk Beyoncé? I got a girl with a vagina and titties right here’. ‘Why go to the Amazon rainforest, it’s gon rain tomorrow right here’

Nggas know a trick bag question when they see it. There’s answers all up n down this thread, if you chose to be dismissive and got your mind made up, cool
What are you trying to 'win'? Who's competing with who in this topic? :childplease:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now nikkas shytting on travelling :mjlol: yoooo

Thought I seen it all on here. I’m sure in the 13 pages of this thread someone has already thoroughly explained the enriching and life changing experiences that come with travelling. I actually feel sorry for people who have the mindset of the OP and let their world be so small.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Hot take:

I love going to airports and people watching there. Consider myself kind of a connor sore in that regard.

Traveling is dope and have been going international since 91.

Today, i still travel any chance i get and have ZERO social media accounts. The photos I take are for my personal collage of life experience. Shiit i revert to and look back at like a visual novel.

Plus, i always sleep with new victims when i do go to different places. And getting their perspective on love, life and jet setting is always interesting.

To call it weak is the equivalent of saying going out to eat is bammer, when you can cook at home. It's for the experience.

Any way, I always tell myself i wish i met more brehs when I hit different parts of the world. This thread's callowness doesn't help encourage that idea. But i'm glad nobody here agrees with thread formulator. lol