Traveling is SO OVERRATED: Most people wouldn't travel if they couldn't post it on Social Media

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
lol its been the party capital since the 80s ha
Let’s be real a mass amount of black people wasn’t going to that shyt lol. It got popular to a lot of people and non Mexican Latin people off social media. Especially during the pandemic, once they saw it they all literally went to travel to the same location and take the same pics with same poses.

Daps
i have a few places on the checklist in different continents after that it ...doesn't matter been their done that

i prefer staying in one place

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You can have that if you so chose my brotha

Which reminds me of another reason travel is amazing and needed…you have NO IDEA how vastly overrated American (Let’s be real, new age feminist blacks chicks) are until you experience women internationally.

Looks maybe, but def diet, and especially personality and expectations . Believe me, we are doin it all wrong over here you will come back and have a whole new level of ditty bop. Have you lookin at chicks you thought was dimes like :hhh:
I know. Gen Z is a disappointment overall. Too weak..passive...don't really fight for what they should and black girls are acting a little too white and safe these days. I've seen some black girls try to come on to Gen z white boys and get str8 dissed. I should of long since recorded some of the tap dancing and bedwenching energy I be seeing. I could put a real dark light on this city if I was wearing a secret mic and video camera.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
When you vacation what all do you do? I’m sure everything you mention I’ve tried it
Before I go, I research and favorite restaurants, food markets, neighborhoods etc within google maps. Also find out what events, festivals are going on while I’ll be in town. I also do research on surrounding cities/towns for day trips.

Also I get on tinder and find locals to chill with when I land if I’m solo

That way when I land, tickets already booked for any events, I know where to go eat and party, etc

that guy

Superstar
Daps
On a work trip to DC :blessed: got to check out some nice things the African American museums haven’t seen it in 7 years they added so much so dope great experience. Went to lost society shyt was dope. U street fukkery of course. The legalized recreational weed :blessed:. Got to see my moms for free she stays out in Charles county so much black wealth out there man. :blessed:. The woman :wow: lots of baddies. It’s always fun to travel to me.
Lost society :blessed:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
See though this is why my post actually agrees with you. I have a house here no mortage and have been looking other places similar. Its the fact most people would rather spend over and over to visit these places instead of just buying property and moving ... even if just seasonal. To me that doesnt make sense, its cool to visit (especially how you said because you enjoy it) but when people act like its a stunt... its lowkey weird. I feel like if you enjoy something enough, you should be an actual part of it. Like if I loved Hawaii I would just move there... I wouldnt just go there over and over and over and post pictures about it
one dude above me said photography but that makes sense obviously... its not the same situation. Some people just go to the beach, take pictures... zipline and leave paying thousands. That's not real experience to me, you can do that in most parts of the world the same way.

compare two people who go to Spain and then Rio ... they do the same exact thing... eat at similar places, drink the same drinks and then sit on a beach where they dont go into the water. Its not much different besides the background ... call me an a$$hole but its true really. Once in awhile makes sense to unwind... but going to the same situation multiple times a year seems redundant
Also agree, we’ve never done in all inclusive because it’s rather pointless. I have a cousin in law where they only vacation to Hawaii and they’ve been something like 10 times and refuse to go anywhere else. That’s cool for them but it couldn’t be me, we are looking to fill our first passport and we are only 2 pages away, started in 17 but took 2020 off so we should be able to do it inside 5 years. My parents are in the late 60’s and the only stamps they have gotten was from a trip we took them on last year (they mostly did cruises to get to other countries). Cruises are just as lazy as all inclusives and you only get a chance to sample a country and not get to know it very well.

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Traveling use to be for the rich and well off. Now you have check to check people going in debt to getaway.

Funny how traveling has become so popular amongst the working/broke class. Just as purchasing high-end designer clothing. I find a lot this has become popular at the same rate.

As a person that has been to Spain, France 2x, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Slovenia and the Caribbean, I'm not jealous or hating just making an observation. Usually when I travel it's go meet someone. I don't get a damn about culture or explore.

Seems most people just travel for to show others how successful they are and/or make other jealous.

If they wasn't able to post pics on IG and FB, they probably wouldn't be going.

what a elitist a$$hole lol

Usually when I travel it's go meet someone. I don't get a damn about culture or explore.

translation : If I, as a elitist dont care about people's culture, then you, as a poor uninspired peasant,

should definitely not care about other's people culture, and you as a poor peasant shouldn't have the natural human propensity to explore

I'm somebody currently living paycheck to paycheck and I'm not letting my circumstances inhibit my natural propensity to explore the world and see what it has to offer

I have put myself in debt (manageable debt) and I dont regret it one bit.

Also, with the proliferation of social media, and being able to see the entire world at a instance through your phone, it has inspired many people to travel

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Traveling is pretty overrated. It’s still good to do it but the only thing you gone do is look at stuff, hear different languages, and eat. And maybe you’ll go to a club and dance. There really that many things to do in life when you think about it.

Before I go, I research and favorite restaurants, food markets, neighborhoods etc within google maps. Also find out what events, festivals are going on while I’ll be in town. I also do research on surrounding cities/towns for day trips.

Also I get on tinder and find locals to chill with when I land if I’m solo

That way when I land, tickets already booked for any events, I know where to go eat and party, etc
So you basically eating and dancing? See that’s what I said in the first post. Traveling is cool to do but it’s overrated IMO. Traveling to other places is what made me realize there really ain’t that much stuff to do on earth