[Travel] The Brazil Thread

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I've been dying to go Brazil one time, I wouldn't have a problem getting around as Portugese is my second language, still I'm reluctant to go due hearing a shyt ton of horror stories from aquiantces(Brazilian and Tourists), Family and crazy news reports on TV Record.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
I'm highly considering going to Rio for the *delayed* Carnival end of April 2022. Short trip, only 5 days to get my feet wet and come back.

70% set on Rio and 30% set on Salvador.

Anyone have any recommendations on Hotels and/or neighborhoods? What I see mainly points to Lapa or Ipanema for safest spots overall. obrigado

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Also, do you think black people who dress locally (havianas sandals, tank tops, shorts, no flashy stuff) are sort of at an advantage of blending in/being left alone from muggers?

Compared to white travelers (who i assume is what i reading most reviews on reddit/forums etc about feeling targeted)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Also, do you think black people who dress locally (havianas sandals, tank tops, shorts, no flashy stuff) are sort of at an advantage of blending in/being left alone from muggers?

Compared to white travelers (who i assume is what i reading most reviews on reddit/forums etc about feeling targeted)
They gonna try to pickpocket you regardless. They can see the difference. Just don't be super flashy nikka. That's who actually will get mugged. I been there over 10 times. Been out in Jays and flip flops. Been in Rio and in the depths of Brazil. Never even witnessed a fist fight, let alone a mugging. People ain't trying to fukk with you unless you look like a straight lick and alone.

I got some people down there though that speak Portuguese and English if you really want to get around.