[Travel] The Brazil Thread

Daps
But you're also talking about Rio.. That's like talking about "american" women and talking about women from Brooklyn lol. The rest of the country is still very old fashioned and normal and all about family and still... It's black family. Look around at Salvador Bahia
Bahia is the plan, but I’d probably be in Rio for a while. Either for the duration of my trip or my entire first trip.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Any tips breh? I’m trying to do a week at least in bahia for carnivale
Make sure you have a guide/driver as they know all the spots and in my experience had some piff suggestions for what to do in each area I was. I also know like 4 portugese words so it was great to have someone step in in the few places that folks didn’t know english. Also there isn’t a brazilian look per se so everyone approached me and spoke portuguese til I was like I’m english only :pachaha: I went to Rio/Iguazu Falls/Ilha Grande. I used Brazil Green Travel for the company that set it all up for me. Otherwise, it’s mad easy to get around, everywhere accepts card so I wouldn’t worry about exchanging currency unless you wanted to tip your driver for exceptional service. Food and things in general are super cheap (Amazing rib eye steak + sides for like $20 USD). For the few times you’re without a guide uber is cheap, I’m talking like $2 for a 15-20 min ride. Only real safety tip is to just make sure you don’t have your phone loose on you in rio as they have pickpockets.

That was broad but let me know if you have any other questions

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Make sure you have a guide/driver as they know all the spots and in my experience had some piff suggestions for what to do in each area I was. I also know like 4 portugese words so it was great to have someone step in in the few places that folks didn’t know english. Also there isn’t a brazilian look per se so everyone approached me and spoke portuguese til I was like I’m english only :pachaha: I went to Rio/Iguazu Falls/Ilha Grande. I used Brazil Green Travel for the company that set it all up for me. Otherwise, it’s mad easy to get around, everywhere accepts card so I wouldn’t worry about exchanging currency unless you wanted to tip your driver for exceptional service. Food and things in general are super cheap (Amazing rib eye steak + sides for like $20 USD). For the few times you’re without a guide uber is cheap, I’m talking like $2 for a 15-20 min ride. Only real safety tip is to just make sure you don’t have your phone loose on you in rio as they have pickpockets.

Did you stay in an AirBnb or hotel?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

You have any idea where I can meet locals or guides? I think that's my biggest hurdle, not sure how Brazil is but how do I go about finding a trustworthy person?

you have any whatsapp/telegram groups I could join or a website that offers this service

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Wrapping up a 10 day trip here…. this place was incredible. You haven’t seen natural beauty til you’ve been to Ilha Grande

I was in Rio and Sao Paulo 2 weeks ago. Absolutely beautiful. The beach water in Rio was so crystal clear.

Thinking of going again in February. Imma keep Ilha Grande mind

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
You have any idea where I can meet locals or guides? I think that's my biggest hurdle, not sure how Brazil is but how do I go about finding a trustworthy person?

you have any whatsapp/telegram groups I could join or a website that offers this service
Brazil Green Travel: Sustainable Adventures in Brazil is what I used. All guides they provided for me were trustworthy and anything I wanted to do they knew someone or could help set it up for me. Furthermore the restaurants/experiences want tourist business so they hook the guides up for free. I don’t think I got finessed at all

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
When I do make it to Brazil it will probably be the north. A day or 2 in the South, but I have been studying Brazilian Portuguese. Gotta feel comfortable with the language before I go though. Won't make sense not being able to communicate and show intelligence.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I was in Rio and Sao Paulo 2 weeks ago. Absolutely beautiful. The beach water in Rio was so crystal clear.

Thinking of going again in February. Imma keep Ilha Grande mind
Ilha is a whole other level of beauty breh. They don’t have cars there so it’s strictly walking/boating to get from place to place but all of the natural beauty is preserved. It’s really sustainable there too and the fresh caught seafood was piff. Google the Lopes Mendes beach… my jaw dropped seeing that kind of beauty