A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
how was it bruh

where'd you stay, what'd you do, etc

1st time?

Rented an Air BnB right on Copacabana Beach, and it was pretty damn cheap for what we got. 200 a night for a 5 bedroom condo that was clearly renovated for tourists as it rivaled some penthouses I've rented in Vegas.

Since it was my first time I didn't really know what to expect. I will say this though, people thinking the beach area is like the resort areas of other countries need to forget that. Copacabana aint family tourist friendly at all. Even in Ipanema it seemed like you could get got once you ventured 2 streets back from the beach. I went with a group of friends so we adapted quickly as we all pretty much are in our prime during times of sketchiness but I wouldn't want to bring my family there. It was a friend's bachelor party so you already know what time it was, so we were in a good spot.

Hit up some bars, clubs, and outdoor parties in Lapa. Had a great time but yeah the language barrier is definitely a problem. Overall we found that the women were pretty receptive to you just going up and pulling them to the dance floor, local dudes didn't seem to be too interested in that for some reason, but after all the dancing is done you can't understand Wtf she talking about so it fizzles. Luckily we eventually found a group of Brazilian women who spoke English. They were cool as hell and down to roll with us. Only problem is they wanted to kick it every night and we wanted some variety.

Side note, leave them caipirinhas alone, shyt is mostly sugar and will ruin your night.

Went to a termas, fukk it I'll admit it, we wanted to see wassup. It was some BAD chicks in there, legit dimes. One of the dudes in our group got mesmerized by a chick, rented her for 2 hours, then left cause he didn't want to see her fukking with some old white guy next. Clowned! Chicks in there were cool, we chatted though Google translate. Girl just straight up told me she does it cause she from further inland and she wanted to move and live on the beach, so she can come fukk for a few days and lay up relaxing for most of the month. I actually ran into her on the beach the next day during prime fukking hours so she wasn't lying.

One day we did the tourist rounds, Christ the Redeemer, sugarloaf mountain, mosaic tile steps, etc... That was nice. Then that night we went to what we thought was a strip club, turned out to be a brothel in cheap disguise but the chicks in there were HURT so we bounced. Then we went to what we thought was a night club, we go in and it's loud music, people dancing, a bar, etc... and somehow we got a free vip area. So we there chilling and next thing you know like 20 more girls show up in the club shaking their ass right in front of our "vip" area. That's when we figured out the deal, guess this was a club that unaffiliated hoes paid a cut to so they could go advertise in front of patrons. It was surprisingly some of the finest chicks we saw the entire trip in there. My boy decided to take one back, straight dime, luckily he picked one with a car. Got a ride back to the condo, which was clutch as hell because Copacabana isn't the nicest place to be walking around at 2am. Man this girl gets to the condo, is so happy, and won't stop talking about how nice it is. I get up the next morning and the chick is still sleep in the bed with my boy. She DID NOT want to go home. Woman has two kids and lives with her parents, talking about she just wanna get away and experience nice things for once, can she hang with us for the day and spend the night again, this time for free. We sent her to the store for food and she cooked breakfast. I'm pretty sure that shyt wasn't a standard street hooker experience. Too bad for her we were leaving that night, so she had to bounce. Plus it was annoying talking to her through the translator app.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Man this girl gets to the condo, is so happy, and won't stop talking about how nice it is. I get up the next morning and the chick is still sleep in the bed with my boy. She DID NOT want to go home. Woman has two kids and lives with her parents, talking about she just wanna get away and experience nice things for once, can she hang with us for the day and spend the night again, this time for free. We sent her to the store for food and she cooked breakfast. I'm pretty sure that shyt wasn't a standard street hooker experience. Too bad for her we were leaving that night, so she had to bounce. Plus it was annoying talking to her through the translator app.

Imagine if you could speak Portugees you could have done some serious damage. The fact that she wanted to stay free of charge and she was a dime :wow:

Money talks everywhere but in those places it's :blessed: we also went to lapa cool place, good food and nice atmosphere. We always took a cab back because walking at night was asking for it. Some of these cabs had me like :picard: I was like damn nikka slow down I wanna get there alive.

My first time there I walked from copacabana to leblon on foot by myself just soaking up everything, it was so chill :wow:

One thing I noticed and this was for rio only the amount of chicks in leggings was insane, every chick was rocking leggings. This was in 2014 don't know if it's still like that but had me :banderas:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Imagine if you could speak Portugees you could have done some serious damage. The fact that she wanted to stay free of charge and she was a dime :wow:

Money talks everywhere but in those places it's :blessed: we also went to lapa cool place, good food and nice atmosphere. We always took a cab back because walking at night was asking for it. Some of these cabs had me like :picard: I was like damn nikka slow down I wanna get there alive.

My first time there I walked from copacabana to leblon on foot by myself just soaking up everything, it was so chill :wow:

One thing I noticed and this was for rio only the amount of chicks in leggings was insane, every chick was rocking leggings. This was in 2014 don't know if it's still like that but had me :banderas:

That's the thing, it's like the vibe in Rio is chill but hectic at the same time. We thought our Uber driver was gonna get out and fight this guy on a bike after he threw his drink on the windshield. But one street over the rest of our group kicked back at a local bar drinking cheap beer and shooting the shyt with the owner.

One night it was tanks patrolling Lapa, but nobody was stressing, everybody was still partying.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Rented an Air BnB right on Copacabana Beach, and it was pretty damn cheap for what we got. 200 a night for a 5 bedroom condo that was clearly renovated for tourists as it rivaled some penthouses I've rented in Vegas.

Went to a termas, fukk it I'll admit it, we wanted to see wassup. It was some BAD chicks in there, legit dimes. One of the dudes in our group got mesmerized by a chick, rented her for 2 hours, then left cause he didn't want to see her fukking with some old white guy next. Clowned! Chicks in there were cool, we chatted though Google translate. Girl just straight up told me she does it cause she from further inland and she wanted to move and live on the beach, so she can come fukk for a few days and lay up relaxing for most of the month. I actually ran into her on the beach the next day during prime fukking hours so she wasn't lying.

:dead: what kind of simp shyt is this. Yall should of kicked him out the condo

Yall buggin though Copacabana/Ipanema isn't really all that dangerous even at night.

Does this withdrawal ever end @Malta :mjcry:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Yall buggin though Copacabana/Ipanema isn't really all that dangerous even at night.

When you go to a world famous beach you don't expect to see homeless people fukking, local fist fights, tanks, and obvious pick pocket crews straight snatching. We had no idea Copacabana was really a residential area before we got there. You'll have to excuse us if we thought a crew of piss drunk obvious Americans walking through back alleys at 2am wasn't the best idea.

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

Never ends my guy, not until you got the condo on the beach in Rio, or the beach home in the boonies in Bahia :francis:

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
When you go to a world famous beach you don't expect to see homeless people fukking, local fist fights, tanks, and obvious pick pocket crews straight snatching. We had no idea Copacabana was really a residential area before we got there. You'll have to excuse us if we thought a crew of piss drunk obvious Americans walking through back alleys at 2am wasn't the best idea.

If yall walk around like the typical "gringos" I see there then I guess, I was just saying its not that dangerous...u do have to behave like you would in any other major city though if you don't want to get got. No need to get snappy breh

Never ends my guy, not until you got the condo on the beach in Rio, or the beach home in the boonies in Bahia :francis:

If I have to make a choice between those two in the near future, i'm winning at life :blessed:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
If yall walk around like the typical "gringos" I see there then I guess, I was just saying its not that dangerous...u do have to behave like you would in any other major city though if you don't want to get got. No need to get snappy breh

If I have to make a choice between those two in the near future, i'm winning at life :blessed:

That beach house in Bahia :wow: need this in my life -

FILLRECT-590-400-b6a2c0cd0cb9596d7138fc0abe88bf02a0b0a1379594f2b0d78b3ad028b2dbf8.jpg

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
That beach house in Bahia :wow: need this in my life -

FILLRECT-590-400-b6a2c0cd0cb9596d7138fc0abe88bf02a0b0a1379594f2b0d78b3ad028b2dbf8.jpg

When I was in Rio in December this lady I had met down there tried to get me to take one of her apts for the year. In Copa a block or 2 from the beach.....for 800 a month :francis:

4fossa

All Star
Daps
I'm a brazilian breh and the thing is

If any of yall american niccas want to travel here, make the money and DO IT. Yall'll eat good despite the racism here. Just say that you are a american baller doing ya thing in here blabla everyone will love you lol

I'm saying about your typical brazilian tourist place.

I live in the south (most racist place here) but It has great places and different looks.