[Travel] The Brazil Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gonna try to pickpocket you regardless. They can see the difference. Just don't be super flashy nikka. That's who actually will get mugged. I been there over 10 times. Been out in Jays and flip flops. Been in Rio and in the depths of Brazil. Never even witnessed a fist fight, let alone a mugging. People ain't trying to fukk with you unless you look like a straight lick and alone.

I got some people down there though that speak Portuguese and English if you really want to get around.
They gonna try to pickpocket you regardless. They can see the difference. Just don't be super flashy nikka. That's who actually will get mugged. I been there over 10 times. Been out in Jays and flip flops. Been in Rio and in the depths of Brazil. Never even witnessed a fist fight, let alone a mugging. People ain't trying to fukk with you unless you look like a straight lick and alone.

I got some people down there though that speak Portuguese and English if you really want to get around.
Cap. If ur black you will be the last person to be robbed. Just don’t be flashy and you will be okay.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm highly considering going to Rio for the *delayed* Carnival end of April 2022. Short trip, only 5 days to get my feet wet and come back.

70% set on Rio and 30% set on Salvador.

Anyone have any recommendations on Hotels and/or neighborhoods? What I see mainly points to Lapa or Ipanema for safest spots overall. obrigado
Don’t do it. Wait till after Carnival to visit. This year isn’t gonna be the same, the parties/blocos already happened Late feb/march. The thing your talking about is the floats/samba school battle.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Don’t do it. Wait till after Carnival to visit. This year isn’t gonna be the same, the parties/blocos already happened Late feb/march. The thing your talking about is the floats/samba school battle.

yeah i heard that. it's my first time so I wouldn't know the difference much i'm just feening for the culture and music mainly; why do you say wait till after (go in May instead of April?)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah i heard that. it's my first time so I wouldn't know the difference much i'm just feening for the culture and music mainly; why do you say wait till after (go in May instead of April?)
More expensive but it’s up to you. Sometimes places close earlier n shyt like that during Carnival. Stay in the South Zone your 1st time not Lapa

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Cap. If ur black you will be the last person to be robbed. Just don’t be flashy and you will be okay.
nikka isn't that what I just said? But I don't give a fukk if you're black or even from there. You walking around Lapa with your iphone and they will slide fingers in your pockets if you not careful

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Black or not, the violence has been soaring these past 2 years. If you think you can walk with your iphone out and not look like a easy lick your wrong. You can still walk around be not be stupid about it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black or not, the violence has been soaring these past 2 years. If you think you can walk with your iphone out and not look like a easy lick your wrong. You can still walk around be not be stupid about it.
I walk around w my IPhone in Sao Cristovao and Maracana at night n I’m gucci. Everybody got the phones out in Lapa at night when it’s poppin. shyt after Pedro do Sal on Monday, I walked to my hotel at 3am in the city center and was gucci. If u got street smarts and are black and blend in, nobody will fukk with you.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area

like a tour guide? please link me breh that'd be official. thank you

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Also can y'all please give insight on the Cell phone service process? I have an AT&T iPhone, can I just upgrade to an International Plan prior to traveling (so I can use Uber, Maps, iMessage etc in Brazil)

Or do I need to buy an unlocked phone and get a SIM card down there, as I've read on some forums??

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Thinking of hitting Brazil before I leave South America. Long ass thread but I'll read through it before I ask uestions

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area

Just got back from Rio. You 100% right they can somehow spot the difference between american and brazilians, no matter what clothes you have on. One day i went all out dirty sandals, shorts, and a raggedy tank top.

Still had ppl stopping me saying “gringo you have dollar please?”:russ:

2. MAN, I knew they have favelas, but seeing them in person, by yourself is DIFFERENT. Very shocking/jarring/scary the first time. Makes american hoods look like luxury resorts.

I’m well traveled, and been in hoods from NY to Miami to Houston….going through Zona Norte favelas was the most fear i’ve EVER felt for my safety, literally felt like my life was in God’s (Cristo Redentor) hands. :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from Rio. You 100% right they can somehow spot the difference between american and brazilians, no matter what clothes you have on. One day i went all out dirty sandals, shorts, and a raggedy tank top.

Still had ppl stopping me saying “gringo you have dollar please?”:russ:

2. MAN, I knew they have favelas, but seeing them in person, by yourself is DIFFERENT. Very shocking/jarring/scary the first time. Makes american hoods look like luxury resorts.

I’m well traveled, and been in hoods from NY to Miami to Houston….going through Zona Norte favelas was the most fear i’ve EVER felt for my safety, literally felt like my life was in God’s (Cristo Redentor) hands. :sadcam:
Which one did you go to? Jacare? And where where you when they asked for a dollar? If it was the south zone then it don’t count cuz my Brazilian homie gets those same responses of ppl saying gringo.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
Which one did you go to? Jacare? And where where you when they asked for a dollar? If it was the south zone then it don’t count cuz my Brazilian homie gets those same responses of ppl saying gringo.
Yeah i met a girl who lived in jacarezinho where she took me to her peoples lil kickback. I also drove thru Sao Cristovao and that one i wouldn’t be caught in on foot:huhldup:

And yeah i got called gringo all along Copacabana boardwalk basically

Daps
My Uncle & cousins live in Rio. If I ever go I'll probably stay with them until I feel like I'm ready for Sao Paulo.

Afro-Brazillian women are 10/10, but I'm still getting the feeling the whole lot of them are :mjpls:

Last edited: