Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I believe people just want correct representation.
we still have not had a AA president although Obama is considered black, Obama is not descendant of slaves, that means something.
I thought Halle berry was a bad choice for storm as well

she would would of have been my first choice over Halle berry.

Halle Berry was, and for the most part still is, considered a black woman. It wasn't until this fake woke bullshyt spread around Tumblr/Twitter that people started to pick and choose which mulattos to claim. Black women definitely need to sit this one out as they are constantly inviting white boys to the cookout for just throwing them half-assed compliments that would get a black man accused of street harassment. And Jesse Williams bi-racial, pandering ass was their hero until he got spotted with his white woman. :mjpls:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Jeffery Wright did play a good ass king tho

boycott2.jpg

haven't seen this, what was name of the movie

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It'd be a stupid choice, yes, but men, for the most part, have bigger matters to worry about than getting on Twitter and complaining about colorism all day.
because black men arent as affected by colorism in media. when it comes to BM, the media usually gets it right. but if they picked someone like drake or jesse williams to play t’challa, i already know how outraged black men would be

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Some of these mixed race individuals really are fukked and confused in the head.

90% of the racism she receives is done by black people?

Delusional. :gucci:

Her cac mother sullying her mind from birth.

Sad truly.

She's probably not lying,but white people don't know her for one. Plus whites would hide any racist feelings they had toward her,not to mention mulattos are more accepted overall which is why she shouldn't be throwing that out there about blacks being more racist. Black people are the only people who really know about you from that Aaliyah movie abomination,and yes we had alot to say about her race,but that was for accuracy purposes:martin:.

All she needs to do is give whites a reason to be racist,and she will find out who is really disgusting:mjlol:. I dare her to go steal the role of some historically white comic book hero and there will be so much racism and death threats. She had the support until that final tweet,even if its true:francis:

I actually thought she did a good job in that horrible movie. That twitter comment was some of the most hating divisive shyt I've seen in a while though,twitter ain't shyt:martin:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Both sides should have kept their mouths shut especially Shipp. She potentially ruined her career especially among the Black demographic with dumbass comments like these.

On other hand those fans probably gave her more ammo. If Disney does recast then Shipp can then claim Disney is doing "colorism."

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
because black men arent as affected by colorism in media. when it comes to BM, the media usually gets it right. but if they picked someone like drake or jesse williams to play t’challa, i already know how outraged black men would be

I'd enjoy it just for the shytstorm. :heh: I'm not as consumed by media as most so as long as they don't get someone over 50% anglo to play a black character or historical figure I'm good. Bi-racials were always considered whatever race they looked like (usually black) until recently so this hand-wringing over it is odd to me. This also led to the rise of try hard pandering bi-racials like Jesse Williams who feel the need to prove themselves in this era. He could pass for non black though so he probably really feels the heat.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On other hand those fans probably gave her more ammo. If Disney does recast then Shipp can then claim Disney is doing "colorism."
that makes no sense tho. they’re rebooting all the characters except deadpool. further more, she was only meant to play younger storm. not present day storm.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Y'all would be mad AF if Jesse Williams played MLK. Or if Idris Elba played Obama.

How the hell is that the same?those are real people:mindblown:

I didn't like a UK actor playing MLK either though,so you have to wonder why these activist who wan't accuracy aren't campaigning for a real african woman. Just someone of the same skin color:jbhmm:?

AA's have to start to be more considerate of other nations,just asking for a dark woman isn't considerate to africans,plus there are africans near the same color as Alexandria Shipp technically. That or AA's just have to flat out and say we only care about our best interest.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How the hell is that the same?those are real people:mindblown:

I didn't like a UK actor playing MLK either though,so you have to wonder why these activist who wan't accuracy aren't campaigning for a real african woman. Just someone of the same skin color:jbhmm:?

AA's have to start to be more considerate of other nations,just asking for a dark woman isn't considerate to africans,plus there are africans near the same color as Alexandria Shipp technically. That or AA's just have to flat out and say we only care about our best interest.
how about zoey saldana playing nina simone in blackface with a fake nose?

Benefited

Banned
Daps
how about zoey saldana playing nina simone in blackface with a fake nose?

She fukked somebody to get that role obviously,and it was innacurate for her to play that as well. You do realize Nina Simone is a real person right:patrice:? I already said for historical figures it accuracy is very important. Important for Storm,but the backlash and hate in that twitter post directed at the actor and fellow black woman was unneccesary:picard:

I wonder if this will make its way into the next documentary that depicts black men as hateful and disgusting towards women based on their skin color:jbhmm:?

Not saying some black men aren't btw,but black women need to check themselves first. By proximity you treat each other the worst when it comes to your skin,your hair textures than we do by far. Then let black men go unchecked for their colorism when you find it complimentary for YOU. Men compliment your skin or hair and disparage other black skin tones and hair types in the proccess,you should be the one to check his ass immediately. But nope,nothing but giggles and blushing:francis:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She fukked somebody to get that role obviously,and it was innacurate for her to play that as well. You do realize Nina Simone is a real person right:patrice:? I already said for historical figures it accuracy is very important. Important for Storm,but the backlash and hate in that twitter post directed at the actor and fellow black woman was unneccesary:picard:
alexandra shipp didnt get backlash until she said 90% of the racism she’s received has come from blacks.

and most these ppl are only “black” when they are usurping opportunities from blacks. if whites accepted them, we wouldnt even be having these discussions.