Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
thanks, i’ll check it out. i didnt want you digging through haystacks for needles though. my point is these comics have been around since the 30s. blacks have been in these comics since at least the 60s. we are emotionally invested in certakn characters we grew up on. people arent trying to reinvent the wheel, so the “build your own” speeches can go. a segment of us just wants less biracials representing black people—not just in comics, but in general; from movies to politics.
And I understand that,fam but at the same time you have to realise the people in Hollywood are NOT gonna show good/accurate representations of us not matter how hard we protest. Excuse my cynical way of thinking, but if we want something done for US and by US,then we gotta do it. Peace

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stop antagonizing people based off appearances

all the weight should be in her actions

has she done anything to earn hate other than being mixed/her complexion¿

She shouldn't play Storm. She isn't black. Storm is Black African. It's whitewashing Storm. Halle Berry was the last straw.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
iu

Wesley Snipes is Dark Skin.Storm wasnt Dark Skin. Halle Berry is literally the same shade.
iu

This is a self-selected photo of storm. Originally Storm is black African dark skin negro, same as Black Panther. She's not Mulatto half breed.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
In the comics Storm was first described as being racially ambiguous "a combination of all races features" :mjpls:

If she knew shyt bout the character then she coulda just posted the comic pages and shut them up. But whatever....

She cant act neither. Of course they recasting this bird brain :mjlol:

But they drew her to have darkskin

They need to be consistent

Storm is now lightskin

:hhh:

Plus she's not pretty enough to be Storm

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
FFS this convo is still going

Yes Shipp is :trash: as an actress but comic flicks is actually (unlike bible flicks etc) black actors get shine (Wesley Snipes, Terence Howard, Cheadle, Mackie, Boseman, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael B
Jordan, Ray Fisher) and prominent roles. Even women get shine (Tessa Thompson, Lupita). Even shytty flicks like Spawn had a male black lead. fukking Boseman has played damn near every black biopic I'm sure he's sick of it and can't wait for this role.

And instead of big upping the movement of these we're having brown paper bag tests and tearing them apart. Black actors damn near gotta play slave roles or funny sidekicks and now they get powerful screen roles and y'all shyt on people like Shipp. Disgusting. Cause it don't fit your agenda. Hell yes she should be pissed and fighting back. I would too on y'all.

Y'all are some crab ass salty dudes.

Last edited:

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is a self-selected photo of storm. Originally Storm is black African dark skin negro, same as Black Panther. She's not Mulatto half breed.
Storm was never super dark skin in the comics in the 80's and 90's. If you read the books you would know this.

There are half breeds darker then full breeds. Skin tone is irrelevant. y'all are actually supporting colorism with this BS. As a dark skin black man who cares ?:what:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Storm was never super dark skin in the comics in the 80's and 90's. If you read the books you would know this.

There are half breeds darker then full breeds. Skin tone is irrelevant. y'all are actually supporting colorism with this BS. As a dark skin black man who cares ?:what:

People who are broke and need to find excuses in everything on why there life isn't shyt :mjlol:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
FFS this convo is still going

Yes Shipp is :trash: as an actress but comic flicks is actually (unlike bible flicks etc) black actors get shine (Wesley Snipes, Terence Howard, Cheadle, Mackie, Boseman, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael B
Jordan, Ray Fisher) and prominent roles. Even women get shine (Tessa Thompson, Lupita). Even shytty flicks like Spawn had a male black lead. fukking Boseman has played damn near every black biopic I'm sure he's sick of it and can't wait for this role.

And instead of big upping the movement of these we're having brown paper bag tests and tearing them apart. Black actors damn near gotta play slave roles or funny sidekicks and now they get powerful screen roles and y'all shyt on people like Shipp. Disgusting. Cause it don't fit your agenda. Hell yes she should be pissed and fighting back. I would too on y'all.

Y'all are some crab ass salty dudes.

She just pulled a Stacey Dash, take your damn cape off

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im thinking you gravely misread.

Nick Fury and other characters in the comics are white. Some fans (white) want something "historically accurate". Does it still make sense then when they bytching or only when it someone black complains? That's my question to you. I'm trying to see if you a flip flopper on your own views. Lastly stupid there is no argument idiot just a question on a messageboard. Either you answer it or not but stop acting like some bytch that was street harassed because I asked one question about your post clown.
The ENTIRE point of my post was that irregardless of race, I understand fans wanting someone playing a character to look as much alike them as possible. It makes sense, nostalgia..

Now am I personally against the thought entirely? I guess it'd depend on the character for me.

You came at me first though breh, assuming I may be a "flip flopper"... For what? Iight then.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
And I understand that,fam but at the same time you have to realise the people in Hollywood are NOT gonna show good/accurate representations of us not matter how hard we protest. Excuse my cynical way of thinking, but if we want something done for US and by US,then we gotta do it. Peace
Exactly. Not only that some of these dudes say they can't let go of a comic book? If they can't let that go I hope these same people never talking bad about other blacks and what they should do towards advancement on some why can't they leave the white mans stuff alone. I like comic books like the next person but if need be them things could be in the dumpster if I felt like these cats

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The ENTIRE point of my post was that irregardless of race, I understand fans wanting someone playing a character to look as much alike them as possible. It makes sense, nostalgia..

Now am I personally against the thought entirely? I guess it'd depend on the character for me.

You came at me first though breh, assuming I may be a "flip flopper"... For what? Iight then.
I already said why I thought you might be a flip flopper in the last post. People oftentimes say things are cool when it benefits them and switch it up when it don't which you still left the door open for with the it depends.

Lastly I didn't come at you we just having a back and forth online dude.