Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Im thinking you gravely misread.

Nick Fury and other characters in the comics are white. Some fans (white) want something "historically accurate". Does it still make sense then when they bytching or only when it someone black complains? That's my question to you. I'm trying to see if you a flip flopper on your own views. Lastly stupid there is no argument idiot just a question on a messageboard. Either you answer it or not but stop acting like some bytch that was street harassed because I asked one question about your post clown.
MCU takes material from multiple sources one of which was the ultimate universe with a BLACK Nick Fury so you're wrong.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
I find it very amusing how Bi-Rascals (Yeah that's what I call em) only care about us when they want something :francis: Any other time it's "fukk Black People".
If It was up to me, Angela Bassett's ol' fine ass would be in EVERY X-Men movie..but I don't have the power to tell Marvel who they CAN and CAN'T cast. If this misrepresentation really bothers y'all,I suggest you network with some of these local Black comic book artists/writers and support them. At least, their characters are Black and every shade is represented:yeshrug: But why stop there? Lets support our OWN Superhero movies and cast who we see fit.

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Racist people of any ethnic background all have one thing in common about how they relate to Blacks..

They all believe we are to be dictated to and told what is best for us. Like you treat a small child.
So when mixed race people demand and insist they are 'Black' against the wishes of real Blacks then they are allowing their racist white, Asian or hispanic side to come out. They are racist for that!

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I find it very amusing how Bi-Rascals (Yeah that's what I call em) only care about us when they want something :francis: Any other time it's "fukk Black People" to them. If It was up to me, Angela Bassett's ol' fine as would be in EVERY X-Men movie..but I don't have the power to tell Marvel who they CAN and CAN'T cast. If this misrepresentation really bothers y'all,I suggest you network with some of these local Black comicbook artists/writers and support them. At least, their characters are Black and every shade is represented:yeshrug: But why stop there? Lets support our OWN Superhero movies and cast who we see fit.
who are “our” superheros?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Who are our Superheroes?" It could be you..it could be me. We'll see when the ink meets the paper

i was looking for a less idealistic response. you made it seem like we had a heap of black superheros on the back burner that we’ve just been ignoring.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
drumaractionfigure.jpg

who’s ready to get our hotep cinematic universe poppin

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
i was looking for a less idealistic response. you made it seem like we had a heap of black superheros on the back burner that we’ve just been ignoring.
Well instead of looking on the Coli, you could be on Tumblr or searching for them at your local Comic book stores. Matter of fact..

Black Superheroes – WorldofBlackHeroes

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thanks, i’ll check it out. i didnt want you digging through haystacks for needles though. my point is these comics have been around since the 30s. blacks have been in these comics since at least the 60s. we are emotionally invested in certakn characters we grew up on. people arent trying to reinvent the wheel, so the “build your own” speeches can go. a segment of us just wants less biracials representing black people—not just in comics, but in general; from movies to politics.