Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We never had the ability to be EXCLUSIVE like Africans...If we were, you wouldn't be here right now.
Imagine it.
When folks do, the "boatie coalition" gets very emotional. Most continental brehs don't care...but the island boys on here do, and some of the east africans.
Why?
I don't care IRL when foreign nikkas "do them"...Why is the concept of "us doing us" daunting for some?
This needs to be a thread...and I won't make it.

No disagreement there. I'd be back in Croydon.

The truth is despite a few jokes told when your 5 or 6 or the rare "go back to africa" breh... most AAs treat Africans better then our own people do back in our homeland.

I've never told an AA that i'm African and them treat me worse because of it (in my adult life)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And I don’t want to be represented by a person that grew up in the same house and was taught by my oppressor :yeshrug:

Even if they’re doing good in the world
Shoulda said that a long time ago. No need to try to attach DNA and percentages to justify your hate. That muddies the whole shyt. Just say you don't like/trust them :yeshrug:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
How can you crab someone who isn’t part of your group :mjlol:

She can pretend to identify with whatever she wants doesn’t make it true. You saw what the other biracial said. “Are biracials not supposed to getting any roles?”:mjgrin:

Be okay with others replacing your people brehs

she is half white after all right? why didn't they cast her as Jean grey...since she is just as much white..I mean, are biracial not suppose to get any roles........:jbhmm::sas1::sas2:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
And I don’t want to be represented by a person that grew up in the same house and was taught by my oppressor :yeshrug:

Even if they’re doing good in the world
What if they're raised by c00ns who thought the end-all be-all to doing good meant finances and living in a different neighborhood?
That's a large chunk of folks.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
It's not just fictional characters. Almost every black female depiction in the media is a biracial. It's a problem. Imagine if almost every black dude in movies/tv looked like Jesse Williams, Michael Ealy, The Rock, Vin Diesal or Shemar Moore.

And how is this putting money in your pocket?:gucci:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't know any bodies family makeup or what their relationship with their family is.

Historically mixed race people have been purposely shunned by white society, sometimes even worse than "black" people.

And that's why this whole shyt is dumb. Y'all keep changing your story.

You wanna base race off of societal relationships when it supports your point (I.E. family makeup) then when that breaks down y'all wanna say it's based on biology.

Which is it?

A black kid adopted into a white family not black anymore?

A white lady that gets thrown in the bushes by her family for marrying a black guy no longer white?

fukk are y'all even trying to say here??:dahell:

I didn't say all that breh, I just said that there was a difference. Hard to quantify but a difference nonetheless
That's why I gave the Dak Prescott analogy. Is the Dak situation the same for every black person?
Of course not. It could range from Dak all the way to Kaep (bars:wow:)

And I haven't changed my story... at all. I've been consistent on this topic if nothing else.

I actually know a Nigerian girl that was adopted by white people. She's still black ofc, but it would silly of me to expect her to have been raised in the same culture i was.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I don't care IRL when foreign nikkas "do them"...Why is the concept of "us doing us" daunting for some?
This needs to be a thread...and I won't make it.

I was just saying this in another thread — it’s a major issue when black Americans want to do us exclusively.

You start getting comments calling us “c00ns”. - when not one of their ancestors were called that nor do they even know the history of the word and what it means.

They question what issues we have in American that they don’t — due to them not even being educated on our history and could really care less.

They use this we all Black - but then don’t wanna claim they black they are insert county/tribe.

It’s many more issues and views they have but I don’t feel like listing.

But, this convo is not about colorism or black Americans — it’s about a biracial woman wanting to portray a black woman. It’s about black representation in the media. I would prefer an African actress since she apparently is african.