Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
I think the real issue we have is: is African American a race or ethnicity.

I personally believe it's both. Which is unique.

To me an AA is a person with African ancestry (via at least one parent) with roots in the US due to the US slave trade and became part of an American subculture. Newer black immigrants usually go by their country of origin (Hatian American, etc) but of course are still black.

This differs from Latinos whom go heavily by culture, ignore race (& colorism) & say they can be any one race or a mix of races.

AA and Latino ethnicities are both due to WS.

One was taught to ignore race, prefer lighter people, and use the culture of Spaniards. The other was taught to prefer lighter people, engage in British/German culture, and remember they're not wyte no matter how light they become.
You're oversimplifying this and indirectly shytting on AAs AND Afrolatinos.
No, we all don't juse "engage in british/german" culture. That's Naijabrits and Britmaicans. We have OUR OWN culture that we created...and it influences other people. The top selling cac music form is dependent on the AFRICAN BANJO...so no...AAs engage in modified African culture and speak a decreolized form of English with a lot of African verbal rules...we eat a modified diet based on what we brought with us...multiple tribes combined into one of our own creation...with a european frame.
Otherwise we'd be like "Black Canadians" (no offense)...and most of them identify with an island. Scotians are invisible to other black people up here. I'm the only breh who mentions them on this board. That's for a reason :mjpls: Caribrehs try to stifle that voice and identity up here. Resources.

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
I applaud some of the logic and reasoning attempted to be exercised by newly learned and socially opinionated black folks...I really do. It's just that... you have to check your bad logic and reasoning too, provided you removed internalized emotional bias from your intellectual process. New woke...and budding militancy progresses as such:

1. The Seer ( We going through a lot as a people)
2. The Historian ( We went through a lot as a people)
3. The Warrior (We need to treat an enemy like an enemy).....mostly thru twitter fingers tho...
4. The GateKeeper ( We need to acquire/protect unity)...now you are changing who is/is not an ally...or in this case black.
5. The Teacher ( We all need to know what I know)
6. The Sage ( "The children are the solution, for adult minds are dead...and the dead are useless"...)
7. The Servant (....dysfunction is unstoppable, tries to fight it anyway...hopeless idealist bound to own mind...angry cynic)....:mjcry:
......the "Tupac in a Kufi and Cardigan" if you will.:pachaha:

This complexion shyt needs to die tho, it has merit but not enough to justify the logic I'm reading lately.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:

On the coli= Obama is Black
Shipp= mixed

Come on now. But y'all be living Gugu:smugfavre:

That being said Alexandria as Storm is atrocious.

This...

Either ya'll accept them or don't none of this straddling the fence shyt. My girl is mixed and yeah nikkas say some really fukked up shyt about mixed people. But so do white people. :manny:

You got a nikka parent...youz a nikka to me :manny: Ya'll can feel how ya'll feel about it, but picking and choosing who down and who ain't is not the way.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah not really breh.

There's a difference between having 50% of your family white vs 0% of your family white.
You don't know any bodies family makeup or what their relationship with their family is.

Historically mixed race people have been purposely shunned by white society, sometimes even worse than "black" people.

And that's why this whole shyt is dumb. Y'all keep changing your story.

You wanna base race off of societal relationships when it supports your point (I.E. family makeup) then when that breaks down y'all wanna say it's based on biology.

Which is it?

A black kid adopted into a white family not black anymore?

A white lady that gets thrown in the bushes by her family for marrying a black guy no longer white?

fukk are y'all even trying to say here??:dahell:

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
You're oversimplifying this and indirectly shytting on AAs AND Afrolatinos.
No, we all don't juse "engage in british/german" culture. That's Naijabrits and Britmaicans. We have OUR OWN culture that we created...and it influences other people. The top selling cac music form is dependent on the AFRICAN BANJO...so no...AAs engage in modified African culture and speak a decreolized form of English with a lot of African verbal rules...we eat a modified diet based on what we brought with us...multiple tribes combined into one of our own creation...with a european frame.
Otherwise we'd be like "Black Canadians" (no offense)...and most of them identify with an island. Scotians are invisible to other black people up here. I'm the only breh who mentions them on this board. That's for a reason :mjpls: Caribrehs try to stifle that voice and identity up here. Resources.

I didn't say we were walking around with top hats and monocles yelling cheerio.

And u basically just restated what I meant. Of course there are African influences in AA culture. I never said there weren't.

Just like there are native and African influences in Latino culture.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wakanda doesn't exist. Kenya does, and that's where the fictional character "ororo munroe" mama is from.
It's just weird seeing africans hop into african american conversations about who is black and who's not. You are part of another group.
Oh, and wakanda is still a fictional place that came from a cac jew from NY's mind...
Do I consider biracials black? Racially yes...Culturally? Depends on where they were raised. Those are two different things.
I can put Africans in the same boats. We both black but your peoples are not from where my people are from. Same with suburbreh.
There are brehs I grew up with that are mixed who are far more thorough than the vast majority of middle class migrant children...as far as "being about the people"...
Oh, and no...the MALE children of mixed marriages usually don't get access to cac capital or resources.

Fair enough.
I will admit that its mainly an American conversation because its mainly a western issue so I could see why you would find my opinion on it weird.
In fact, that's probably why my opinion on it is so weird to most of you. In my culture, its pretty cut and dry that the son or daughter of an oyibo is just that. But clearly its a far more... "ambiguous" designation here.

I guess it all comes down to this simple difference:
When AA see a biracial person referred to as black, it doesn't seem out of place
When Africans (at least the people I was raised around) see a biracial person... we're quick to point out that they have an oyibo parent.

I've even seen Nigerian grandparents call their grandkids white because their son or daughter married an oyibo :dead:

But then again Africans by nature are FAR LESS inclusive than AAs so that probably plays a role in this as well

Daps
Reppin
I didn't say we were walking around with top hats and monocles yelling cheerio.

And u basically just restated what I meant. Of course there are African influences in AA culture. I never said there weren't.

Just like there are native and African influences in Latino culture.
I didn't have to say that, though...you shouldn't be so reductionist...funny thing is:
Look at all these NON AAs on here and all the non AA imitators of AAs in comparison to the converse.
You see so few that it's irrelevant.
It's bigger and beyond "german and british"...we smashed that sphere of influence a long time ago and turned into something new. Let it be dead.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
But J Cole says he's mixed. :ohhh:

Look, you or your girl obviously biracial or something. You one every page :cape: super hard and deep in your emotions.

nikkas is educated. We seen the role biracials played across multiple societies in different countries with racist systems.

Bilogically, theyre not black. Culturally, theyre treated differently. Theyre literally, NOT black.

When you mix vanilla and chocolate ice cream, it's not just chocolate. If someone asked for chocolate and you gave them that, theyre not going to call it chocolate. Its literally just BOTH, an entire separate category. Why is this so hard for you to accept?:mindblown:

It's because in y'all quest to sound educated this is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I didn't have to say that, though...you shouldn't be so reductionist...funny thing is:
Look at all these NON AAs on here and all the non AA imitators of AAs in comparison to the converse.
You see so few that it's irrelevant.
It's bigger and beyond "german and british"...we smashed that sphere of influence a long time ago and turned into something new. Let it be dead.

:hubie: Imma let u be cuz we on 2 different pages right now.

Daps
Reppin
Fair enough.
I will admit that its mainly an American conversation because its mainly a western issue so I could see why you would find my opinion on it weird.
In fact, that's probably why my opinion on it is so weird to most of you. In my culture, its pretty cut and dry that the son or daughter of an oyibo is just that. But clearly its a far more... "ambiguous" designation here.

I guess it all comes down to this simple difference:
When AA see a biracial person referred to as black, it doesn't seem out of place
When Africans (at least the people I was raised around) see a biracial person... we're quick to point out that they have an oyibo parent.

I've even seen Nigerian grandparents call their grandkids white because their son or daughter married an oyibo :dead:

But then again Africans by nature are FAR LESS inclusive than AAs so that probably plays a role in this as well

We never had the ability to be EXCLUSIVE like Africans...If we were, you wouldn't be here right now.
Imagine it.
When folks do, the "boatie coalition" gets very emotional. Most continental brehs don't care...but the island boys on here do, and some of the east africans.
Why?
I don't care IRL when foreign nikkas "do them"...Why is the concept of "us doing us" daunting for some?
This needs to be a thread...and I won't make it.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
When I state standard - I am quoting DNA research that has been done on Black Americans over the last years with the emergence of DNA test. It doesn’t mean you have to be a certain percentage to be Black but black Americans are different — but our parents and ancestors may have white dna due to enslavement but we are black in terms of Black America. Not mulatto/biracial.

And correct. I’m 86% but I’m light and my mom is 89% she’s very light — soooo.... her whole side is. my daddy has passed but he was dark skin.

if people cant logically understand this, it speaks volumes for the lack of IQ, because you broke it down perectly.