Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Individually some black people can and do have access to wealth. For example as the other poster pointed out she could have kids with a "black" man and they'd fulfil y'alls 70% black quota yet he'd still have access to her "white" family. Is he not "black" then.

Conversely a black man marries a white woman and gets access to her families wealth. Is he not black anymore?

Beyond that some black people are just able to find their way into some white wealth with out marriage or kids. Are they not black?

But I thought you just said she had access to all that white privilege????:ohhh:

Your spinning Ish. I stated percentages due to dna studies of black Americans - who are DOS — and yeah they are black — they have non-black DNA via rapes — not choice/love/approval.

I didn’t say that percentage made you black.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So she can’t take advantage of having white uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. ?

Nikka are you fukking serious :mindblown:

There are entire networks of wealth and power that a biracial can get access to because they’re white

Jesus Christ:wtf:

I been making the same point for years...

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
There's a difference between mixed and biracial.
And if you wanna take it there, Storm's African so why are you even a part of this conversation? :jbhmm:
because her FATHER is AMERICAN, so why are YOU keeping it up about a character who isn't WEST AFRICAN...anyway?
I grew up reading comics bro. Her father's name is CHARLES MUNROE.
Ororo Monroe is the descendant of an ancient line of African priestesses, all of whom have white hair, blue eyes, and the potential to wield magic. Her mother, N'dare, was an African princess who married American photojournalist David Monroe and moved with him to Manhattan, where Ororo was born. When Ororo was six months old, she and her parents moved to Cairo, Egypt. Five years later, during the Arab-Israeli conflict, a plane crashed into their home. Ororo's parents were killed, but she survived, buried under rubble near her mother's body. The resultant trauma left Ororo with severe claustrophobia that still affects her today.

They never showed dude. I know they used to make it seem like he was a cac...hence the Halle Casting.
Otherwise it should have been Angela Bassett. Either way...

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
More people gotta just see these bi-racials just as bi-racial like they are. See that they can claim to be black or the other race they're mixed with or just to be bi-racial like they are. Nothing too confusing.:yeshrug:We should allow them to choose who they identify with not just outright claim them.

And if a bi-racial has a kid with a black person that kid becomes a admixed black person.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your spinning Ish. I stated percentages due to dna studies of black Americans - who are DOS — and yeah they are black — they have non-black DNA via rapes — not choice/love/approval.

I didn’t say that percentage made you black.
Yes you did.

You said a black in America is defined as 70%+.

That may not be your definition, but you posted it and obviously agree with it.

And now you are saying that a persons "race" is predicated on whether their parents loved each other or not.

Dumb as fukk:mjlol:

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Some crab ass dudes on here man.

A woman who is black....identifies as black and has made it in Hollywood and she gets shytted on.

Salty ass dudes here.

And J. Cole is prolly your favorite rapper.

But J Cole says he's mixed. :ohhh:

Look, you or your girl obviously biracial or something. You one every page :cape: super hard and deep in your emotions.

nikkas is educated. We seen the role biracials played across multiple societies in different countries with racist systems.

Bilogically, theyre not black. Culturally, theyre treated differently. Theyre literally, NOT black.

When you mix vanilla and chocolate ice cream, it's not just chocolate. If someone asked for chocolate and you gave them that, theyre not going to call it chocolate. Its literally just BOTH, an entire separate category. Why is this so hard for you to accept?:mindblown:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because her FATHER is AMERICAN, so why are YOU keeping it up about a character who isn't WEST AFRICAN...anyway?
I grew up reading comics bro. Her father's name is CHARLES MUNROE.
Ororo Monroe is the descendant of an ancient line of African priestesses, all of whom have white hair, blue eyes, and the potential to wield magic. Her mother, N'dare, was an African princess who married American photojournalist David Monroe and moved with him to Manhattan, where Ororo was born. When Ororo was six months old, she and her parents moved to Cairo, Egypt. Five years later, during the Arab-Israeli conflict, a plane crashed into their home. Ororo's parents were killed, but she survived, buried under rubble near her mother's body. The resultant trauma left Ororo with severe claustrophobia that still affects her today.

Oh wow, I didn't expect you to take my post literally :dead:

So you are actually gauging whether or not someone can talk about a form of media based on where the character (fictional or otherwise) originates from?

Ok, anyone not from Wakanda better not talk about Black Panther then :mjlol:

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
You know it's funny in real life I never see so much animosity between dark skin Blacks, light skin blacks, brown skin blacks and Biracial's.Or maybe I just haven't noticed it. Who is to say who is or who isn't black.In my family we got people who are as light as Zendaya and they have two blacks parents, and we have people as dark as Akon.The same people who are hating on Alexandra Shipp would be the same ones who would get mad at her if she said she was biracial.I don't agree with her when she said she experienced more racism from blacks then White's.But it does seem like there is some hate going towards her because she is not only mixed but also because she is pretty. shyt like this only pushes biracials more toward their white side.And then people are going claim those biracials are no nikkas.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I think the real issue we have is: is African American a race or ethnicity.

I personally believe it's both. Which is unique.

To me an AA is a person with African ancestry (via at least one parent) with roots in the US due to the US slave trade and became part of an American subculture. Newer black immigrants usually go by their country of origin (Hatian American, etc) but of course are still black.

This differs from Latinos whom go heavily by culture, ignore race (& colorism) & say they can be any one race or a mix of races.

AA and Latino ethnicities are both due to WS.

One was taught to ignore race, prefer lighter people, and use the culture of Spaniards. The other was taught to prefer lighter people, engage in British/German culture, and remember they're not wyte no matter how light they become.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Oh wow, I didn't expect you to take my post literally :dead:

So you are actually gauging whether or not someone can talk about a form of media based on where the character (fictional or otherwise) originates from?

Ok, anyone not from Wakanda better not talk about Black Panther then :mjlol:
wakanda doesn't exist. Kenya does, and that's where the fictional character "ororo munroe" mama is from.
It's just weird seeing africans hop into african american conversations about who is black and who's not. You are part of another group.
Oh, and wakanda is still a fictional place that came from a cac jew from NY's mind...
Do I consider biracials black? Racially yes...Culturally? Depends on where they were raised. Those are two different things.
I can put Africans in the same boats. We both black but your peoples are not from where my people are from. Same with suburbreh.
There are brehs I grew up with that are mixed who are far more thorough than the vast majority of middle class migrant children...as far as "being about the people"...
Oh, and no...the MALE children of mixed marriages usually don't get access to cac capital or resources.