Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Man this the kinda shyt I hope Trey can bring or showcase better in his game. This was what I was referencing last weekend.

How when someone rushes Purdy, he got this “shiftiness” to him that little studder step he did on that first roll to the right that froze up a defender slightly enough for 65 to chip him.

Then when he rolled all the way to the right side, the way he set that other guy up with that step back, fake pass, they slightly slid to his left making the defender blow pass him, then throwing a pass (staying calm knowing he bout to take a hit but drilling the pass).

That was impressive as fukk.

Last week when guys rushed Trey he never juked them, he let them have that direct angle and basically it was a chase match to where either he got sacked or threw a not so good pass

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

Man this the kinda shyt I hope Trey can bring or showcase better in his game. This was what I was referencing last weekend.

How when someone rushes Purdy, he got this “shiftiness” to him that little studder step he did on that first roll to the right that froze up a defender slightly enough for 65 to chip him.

Then when he rolled all the way to the right side, the way he set that other guy up with that step back, fake pass, they slightly slid to his left making the defender blow pass him, then throwing a pass (staying calm knowing he bout to take a hit but drilling the pass).

Last week when guys rushed Trey he never juked them, he let them have that direct angle and basically it was a chase match to where either he got sacked or threw a not so good pass

rick-ross.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I have to admit. He knows the offense inside and out. So that's a plus. But will he turn the ball over a lot? Could we be seeing JT O Sullivan again.

Ass ears needs to run the fukking football. Don't get cute with all these passes. That's not the identity of the team. Tecmo Bowl offense is the identity with hard nose defense. I can guarantee a Super Bowl win if he sticks to that. Running the ball can open up the pass. So that should be the way to go. shyt look like how Dilfer looked with the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl. lol

The defense is lights out with the a better secondary. There will be lots of turnovers that will put the offense on the other side of the field. We saw that last year.

It's Kyle though. He's over rated so he'll find some way to mess it up. But it will be hard with this stacked team.

JTO :wow:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

He's led this team to 3 of the past 4 NFC Championships, is Kyle known for not getting the best out of his players? Which players - other than Trey, who hasn't actually proven he has a level above what we've seen from him - has Kyle not been able to get the best out of? He doghoused BA a couple seasons ago and the result was BA becoming one of the most promising WRs in the league. He extracted the best out of Jimmy G. I've never heard a single player talk down on Kyle. The culture of this team has been elite under his tenure.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Breh is coming off a foot injury.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
He's led this team to 3 of the past 4 NFC Championships, is Kyle known for not getting the best out of his players? Which players - other than Trey, who hasn't actually proven he has a level above what we've seen from him - has Kyle not been able to get the best out of? He doghoused BA a couple seasons ago and the result was BA becoming one of the most promising WRs in the league. He extracted the best out of Jimmy G. I've never heard a single player talk down on Kyle. The culture of this team has been elite under his tenure.
He's the Marv Levy of the NFC Championships.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Breh is coming off a foot injury.

True…. But he wasn’t really doing that before either.

Or am I wrong?

I think that’s the main reason I liked Purdy, he knows how to do the little shyt that can help extend plays or give guys even that extra second to get open

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Watching Film on Trey he is one or two years from being truly ready imo. He has improved his throwing mechanics but his footwork within the pocket doesn’t matchup. This season his focus should be on improving his feet while keeping up his improved throwing mechanics. If you watch Trey in the pocket it’s just not smooth, it’s looks very clunky.

I would love to see Trey work with Jordan Palmer who is QB coach for Josh Allen, Burrow, and Darnold. They all have excellent feet within the pocket that developed over time. If you watch Allen and Darnold from year 1 to now, it’s a night and day difference when it comes to footwork in the pocket.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Watching Film on Trey he is one or two years from being truly ready imo. He has improved his throwing mechanics but his footwork within the pocket doesn’t matchup. This season his focus should be on improving his feet while keeping up his improved throwing mechanics. If you watch Trey in the pocket it’s just not smooth, it’s looks very clunky.

I would love to see Trey work with Jordan Palmer who is QB coach for Josh Allen, Burrow, and Darnold. They all have excellent feet within the pocket that developed over time. If you watch Allen and Darnold from year 1 to now, it’s a night and day difference when it comes to footwork in the pocket.
What's interesting is that Kyle has always said that feetwork are the first thing he focuses when it comes to QBs :dead:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They must have really feel that injury fukked up Trey's mobility. Havent heard much about them using his legs in camp either. I think Dak had a similar injury?

Purdy does have that Luka like control/hesitation where he's not moving super fast,but is crafty/shifty enough to freeze defenders or get them outta position. Trey sometimes seems robotic.

Again as I've told @FakeNews. Trey seems like a guy who only played QB his Sr year in HS and one year at a small school. And not just in passing, but in rushing. Just not as comfortable against similar caliber athletes and having more craftiness.

Still this is one the 49ers in a way, not now, but a few years ago. Bite the bullet and play him to see if he can pick up those things over time. That preseason game looked like Trey still isnt sure what he can or cant get away with in the NFL. Just unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.