Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I think he was enamored at the idea of having a new RGIII to run to the ground as a dual threat. I can only imagine Kyle's reaction after last year's camp when he figured there was no dual threat to take advantage of.
if he wanted a dual threat like RGIII he shouldve picked Fields, proven athletically and way more NFL ready

I really think they thought this red-shirting and developing thing will happen overnight by itself

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Also, it's about to be second preseason game and still no Bosa re-up. Something aint right there.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if he wanted a dual threat like RGIII he shouldve picked Fields, proven athletically and way more NFL ready

I really think they thought this red-shirting and developing thing will happen overnight by itself
Last year was supposed to be his development year. I believe there were even quotes from Shanny and Lynch that they were willing to sacrifice winning last year for the sake of Treys development. He just had terrible luck blowing his ankle to bits in the second game of the year.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
True…. But he wasn’t really doing that before either.

Or am I wrong?

I think that’s the main reason I liked Purdy, he knows how to do the little shyt that can help extend plays or give guys even that extra second to get open

Speed and shiftiness was never impressive to me, but it’s probably even worse now.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This. I was so disappointed that we didn’t get Fields. I hope this doesn’t end up like Alex/Rogers situation again.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Last year was supposed to be his development year. I believe there were even quotes from Shanny and Lynch that they were willing to sacrifice winning last year for the sake of Treys development. He just had terrible luck blowing his ankle to bits in the second game of the year.
I would agree with that until they re-signed Jimmy. It ended up a good thing in the long run, but usually teams who sacrifice winning and develop a new QB, dont bring the old QB as a backup. You don't see Matt Ryan backing up Anthony Richardson right now.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think he was enamored at the idea of having a new RGIII to run to the ground as a dual threat. I can only imagine Kyle's reaction after last year's camp when he figured there was no dual threat to take advantage of.
The theory is that once he saw Josh Allen come into San Fran and light up the 49ers defense thats when Kyle was done with Jimmy. He wanted one of those physically gifted QBs. He even said prior to the draft he wanted a guy who can throw like Mahomes and run like Lamar Jackson. Also remember pre 2020 season Trey Lance was getting faster Andrew Luck like potential.

This. I was so disappointed that we didn’t get Fields. I hope this doesn’t end up like Alex/Rogers situation again.
Again he was close to Fields. And as much as I loved Fields as a prospect, ironically, it was his lack of running ability in college that disappointed me. Couldnt understand how Deshaun Watson could put up 1000 yards rushing, but Fields kinda lumbers around for someone with great straight line speed.

Fields throwing motion seemed slow for Kyle's system. However, Fields turned out to be an even better runner once he got NFL training. As far as system fit.....Kyle should have built it around Fields skillset.

However, Kyle was in on the Trey hype. Trey was bigger, younger, probably thought had an easier throwing motion to fix, and had more under center snaps. Remember he left Fields workout and started watching film on Trey.
He really thought he saw the next Josh Allen. But wasnt willing to go through the lumps like the Bills were.

I truly think if he never knew Fields then he might have considered him more. He knew too much of Fields flaws and couldnt overlook them. Even though Trey had the same issues with less experience as well.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Man these slides…. Sad but true.

I think y’all and the media pressing him too much and he just under so much scrutiny and pressure.

If there was no social media around dude would probably be the 6th best QB it all time out of 100s of QBs that made it

Michael Jordan wouldn’t be able to take this pressure

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The theory is that once he saw Josh Allen come into San Fran and light up the 49ers defense thats when Kyle was done with Jimmy. He wanted one of those physically gifted QBs. He even said prior to the draft he wanted a guy who can throw like Mahomes and run like Lamar Jackson. Also remember pre 2020 season Trey Lance was getting faster Andrew Luck like potential.

Again he was close to Fields. And as much as I loved Fields as a prospect, ironically, it was his lack of running ability in college that disappointed me. Couldnt understand how Deshaun Watson could put up 1000 yards rushing, but Fields kinda lumbers around for someone with great straight line speed.

Fields throwing motion seemed slow for Kyle's system. However, Fields turned out to be an even better runner once he got NFL training. As far as system fit.....Kyle should have built it around Fields skillset.

However, Kyle was in on the Trey hype. Trey was bigger, younger, probably thought had an easier throwing motion to fix, and had more under center snaps. Remember he left Fields workout and started watching film on Trey.
He really thought he saw the next Josh Allen. But wasnt willing to go through the lumps like the Bills were.

I truly think if he never knew Fields then he might have considered him more. He knew too much of Fields flaws and couldnt overlook them. Even though Trey had the same issues with less experience as well.

Man I remember watching Allen thinking he was ass. Bills did a good job of developing him.

As for Fields. I watched enough of him in College. Dude was a game breaker, played at a big school in big games. Played hurt in that bowl game. Was surprised that he dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.