Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
So I’m gonna put this narrative out.

But if Purdy win the Superbowl

Being Mr. Irrelevant going from the 262nd pick to winning it all.

We finna crown this nicca as the Greatest QB of all time :mjgrin:

Not Joe
Not Bradshaw
Not Brady
Not Thiesman
Not anyone else

Brock’s 1 championship will be>>>>>>> anything Brady did in his career.

These are the agendas and narratives that will be pushed :mjlol:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I’m gonna put this narrative out.

But if Purdy win the Superbowl

Being Mr. Irrelevant going from the 262nd pick to winning it all.

We finna crown this nicca as the Greatest QB of all time :mjgrin:

Not Joe
Not Bradshaw
Not Brady
Not Thiesman
Not anyone else

Brock’s 1 championship will be>>>>>>> anything Brady did in his career.

These are the agendas and narratives that will be pushed :mjlol:
Correct :lolbron:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

That would be hands down one of the greatest NFL stories of all time and Jed will have a statue built for him before he even retires

Let him win multiple and the league should retire his jersey on all teams :mjlol:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That would be hands down one of the greatest NFL stories of all time and Jed will have a statue built for him before he even retires

Let him win multiple and the league should retire his jersey on all teams :mjlol:

It actually would be a great story.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I'm not doubting he should be the starter.. What I'm doubting is another year full of this magical run.

He's already gone 8-0.. We need him to go another what? 12-5? 13-4? 14-3? Then run through the playoffs and get us back to a SB and possibly win it? That's Mahomes level of QBing. It's hard to expect that with everything going right.

But what's actually is going on is he's coming back from an injury, he probably won't be playing in preseason if any, it's typically qb's worst year (sophmore year) cause teams got fresh nfl tape on you and he was never rated highly in the first place.

People expecting us to cruise on back to the NFC championship are clearly mistaken. And with this 3 QB nonsense, we can't start 3-4 or worse before they start calling on somebody else. If Brock had a full year of doing this and no injury, I'd have nothing to say
I have to admit. He knows the offense inside and out. So that's a plus. But will he turn the ball over a lot? Could we be seeing JT O Sullivan again.

Ass ears needs to run the fukking football. Don't get cute with all these passes. That's not the identity of the team. Tecmo Bowl offense is the identity with hard nose defense. I can guarantee a Super Bowl win if he sticks to that. Running the ball can open up the pass. So that should be the way to go. shyt look like how Dilfer looked with the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl. lol

The defense is lights out with the a better secondary. There will be lots of turnovers that will put the offense on the other side of the field. We saw that last year.

It's Kyle though. He's over rated so he'll find some way to mess it up. But it will be hard with this stacked team.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You know cacs always hype up cac QBs no matter how much they suck.
A tactic as old as time.

And they think we don't see it.

But with us, it's tear each other down for massa mania while they :hubie: in the background trying to play innocent.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Who is arguing about Brock being the starter though? Everyone that is talking about Trey in positive sense are just saying he wasn't setup like the rest and wasn't developed properly. Brock has definitely earned the right to start. Just have to see if he can keep it up. But Trey's development has been ass.

Outside the goofiness on the news about Sam Darnold. The majority on here see that Brock is QB1. Just concerns if he can keep it up. Also him getting rushed back. Sadly, I can see this dude getting hurt again for playing too soon.

Bingo.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's take a look at our offensive line.

Tackles

Trent Williams - 10X Pro Bowler and 3 Time All Pro. Trent Williams was drafted in the same draft as Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati but he is still in the league playing at an elite level. A crushing run blocker and a athletic pass blocker despite his 6'7 325lb frame. Trent Williams is still one of the best 10 players in the NFL at 35 and while he tends to get a nicked up here and there that is to be expected with a 35 year old tackle. He is still the best in the business and a corner stone piece in a top level offense.

Performance: A
Potential: B
Overall: A

Colton McKivitz - 2020 5th Round Pick. McKivitz was a pick I have not been a fan of, I didn't love his play in college and I thought his arms were too short for a tackle but due to constant injury in the front lines he has started a few games and has shown the coaching staff enough to be named the 2023 starting tackle due to the departure of Mike McGlinchey in free agency. McKivitz is not quite the run blocker McGlinchey was but he makes up for by being an average to above average pass blocker. Time will tell to see if that is sustainable over the course of a full season but he has worked his way up and deserves credit for that.

Performance: B-
Potential: B-
Overall: B-

Matt Pryor - 2018 6th Round draft pick. Pryor has about 60 games under his belt with 24 as a starter. Matt Pryor has experience at both guard and tackle but he will likely be the primary swing tackle. Smart move. He can slot in at either guard or tackle in a pinch or in garbage time. He will also get snaps on special teams. Good value for a veteran who is still relatively young. One thing, he needs to continue to develop his body, weight is an issue, at 350 lbs and has probably kept him from being a longtime starter.

Performance: C
Potential: C+
Overall: C+

Jaylon Moore - 2021 6th round draft pick. Moore was looked at as the primary swing tackle. But it's never quite worked out that way for him as he has moved around a bit. He has seemed to have a decent camp this year and there are rumblings he could could potentially be the backup left tackle for Trent Williams which makes sense as Matt Pryors relative lack of athleticism makes him a liability there and they want him to focus one one position. He will most likely make the 53 man roster though barring a significant injury. But he is something of mismatch, some of his measurables (strenth, hands, vertical) border on elite, others are not even NFL level (short area speed, height relative to tackles). He needs to also improve his pass blocking.

Overall C+

Nick Zakelj - 2022 5th Round Draft pick. Nick Zakelj was a poor technician as an offensive lineman in my opinion and I think it remains an issue in year 2. He was dominated in the Raiders game last week playing against defenders looking for a roster spot. I see him as essentially a special teams player who will only be called to action in emergency. But his spot on the team is not safe

Performance: D
Potential: C-
Overall: D+

Leroy Watson - Another UTSA prospect. Leroy Watson is an interesting prospect. A late bloomer in football. He started off as blocking tight end but over time put on some weight and converted to a tackle and was a UDFA signed to Altlanta in 2022. While raw as a lineman, he shows impressive intellect and athleticism. He could be a dark horse to make the 53 man roster at worst he can be stashed on practice squad to develop some more.

Performance: D+
Overall: C

Alfredo Gutierrez - I see him as more an ambassador or a team guy than someone who has a real chance to make the roster. This is the last year we can keep him on the practice squad. But stranger things have happened and it's not as if though the backups outside of Matt Pryor inspire confidence.

Performance: F
Potential: D+
Overall: D

Guards

Aaron Banks - 2nd round draft pick Aaron Banks improved dramatically in year 2. Aaron Banks is a physical guard with with good athleticism which is a plus since guards are asked to pull quite a bit in Kyle's zone blocking scheme. Aaron Banks is also a capable pass blocker with smooth feet and solid steps. Aaron Banks is already one of the NFLs better guards and at only 25-26 still has room to grow.

Performance: B+
Overall: B

Spencer Burford - 2022 4th round draft pick. Spencer Burford split time with now Titan Daniel Brunskill. Yet his play was enough to let Brunskill walk and be the full time starter. Burford's came out of a smaller school UTSA but he is the ideal zone scheme guard. A little smaller at 6'4 300. He makes up for it with with very good quickness, solid pass blocking technique and at least being good enough run blocker. Also being only 23, he has a lot of years to continue to build himself up.

Performance: B
Overall: B

Jon Feliciano - Veteran Journeyman John Feliciano has a lot of experience and came on to the 49ers as a backup guard. He has been injured alot but he will be a backup so not a big deal. He can be a competent starter if either Banks or Burford go down.

Overall: C

Keith Ismael - Former 5th round pick from the 2020. He hasn't found his place in the NFL and he will likely be a camp body/developmental prospect

Performance:F
Potential: D
Overall: D-

Joey Fisher - Camp body/Potential Prospect. Apparently he came into rookie minicamp out of shape is a big no-no. But he also boast elite strength and a lot of boards had a 5th-6th round grade for him. At 25 already his upside is somewhat limited but it also isn't unusual for guys like him to have good careers starting in their late 20's.

Performance: F
Overall: D-

Centers

Jake Brendel - Taking the place of a former Pro Bowler in Alex Mack is no easy task but Bredel despite relatively few starts did the job admirably. Brendel is a smart, savvy center who is athletic enough to make it to the second level on run plays and a solid pass blocker though he can sometimes be bullied a bit by larger defensive tackles because of his relatively small frame, Yet he earned a 4 year contract and even though he is over 30 he has little mileage on his body so he can play another 3 or 4 years at a high level.

Performance: B
Overall: B-

Corey Luciano - 2023 UDFA. Luciano has experience along all positions at the line but will likely be a center in the NFL. Luciano played on a Washington Huskies team that only allowed 7 sacks throughout the season. He is a little undersized and will need to develop an NFL body but his chances of making the 53 man roster may be decent only because the team is thin at center from a depth standpoint.

Performance: D
Potential: C
Overall: D+

Jason Poe - 2022 UDFA. Poe has potential to be a center/guard but he needs to continue to build his strength up. He was pushed around in the Raiders preseason game and worse yet he missed a few blocking assignments. He needs to correct that over the next two games if he wants a chance at making this practice squad and potentially carve out a career,

Performance: D-
Potential: C
Overall: D

Unit Analysis: With Kyle Shanahan and Chris Foerster, the line has been something of a strength of the team for the most part as a unit, With a mix of high end players and great value picks the line has held solid for the most part though being better at run blocking than pass blocking. With another year of continuity, outside of the McKivitz starting full time at right tackle it should be a net positive with a stong backups in Matt Pryor in Jon Feliciano. My only point of contention is that we should have spent more capital at the center position and veterans can be had for cheap as it wasn't a high demand free agent position and plenty of prospects in the past couple of drafts. I like the starters but the depth is a little suspect should too many key starters go down or for extended periods of time,

Unit Grade: B-

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
A tactic as old as time.

And they think we don't see it.

But with us, it's tear each other down for massa mania while they :hubie: in the background trying to play innocent.
So glad I've never been slave minded.

The mental gymnastics with idiots hyping him up every where he goes just so he can look like ass . :what:A fukking PAC 12 bum USC QB just like the rest. You know what? They hyped them bum QBs up also. :scust:

Status
Not open for further replies.