Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Clusterfukk. But it's just Game 1 of the preseason so I don't think it says too much on our season's prospects. OL depth looks worrisome though. As for Trey...my stance on him is the same as it's been for a while now. He looks like a bust. It is what it is. He only had 1 drive that he looked even passable given his pedigree. He looked worse than Anthony Richardson. The scary part is that Trey's weaknesses today were mental. He looked very uncomfortable in the offense. Which kind of makes sense because he's running an offense not made for his skillset. He needs those designed runs to slow the game down and settle him down. Either way, I'm glad we have Brock in the mix. Maybe he won't be the one either, but I don't think Trey is. I actually think Darnold is the better choice for QB2. He looked more settled and has done more than Trey has in this league.

As for improvements, just give Trey more burn and hope the light turns on. Backup OL needs to get its act together.
Trey looked like shyt with those designed runs. He's not fast and he doesn't know how to take a hit. I have no clue why you'd want an offense centered around things Lance hasn't shown he can do at an NFL level. I always read your posts about how Kyle should change his offense to what Trey did in college but so far I haven't seen him do ANYTHING to make me think he'd do well in the pros with that style of play. And Shanahan tried to make a bunch of plays for Trey and they always failed horribly, plus they got him injured in back to back seasons. Seriously breh, you legit think Lance can get over the hump by doubling down on that?

The fact of the matter is that if he can't get the confidence to move in the pocket and be decently accurate throwing passes, then he's a bust and we'll have to deal with Kyle and Lynch's terrible decision making for that trade. They made a huge bet, and if they lose it, they lose it. But I at least have seen Trey show some semblance of competence by working the offense Kyle has made for guys like Jimmy G and Brock, not when he's out there trying to be Josh Allen or *insert mobile/dual threat QB*.

Trey can't run with the ball, so there's no dual threat with him. So he either gets better at passing or then it's the bushes for dude. I feel bad for him because he might not be a potential bust under other circumstances/regime but again, I don't see him working as a dual threat QB on any NFL team :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Any GM/coach combo besides :beli: and maybe Reid (but theres a reason Reid will get a pass) would get fired on the spot for giving up all those assets and selecting Lance and then not playing him and not developing him. Brock really came in and saved their asses.
Developing him, 100%. What Kyle has done with Trey is coaching malpractice.

But "not playing him" is cap. What game he should/could've played that he didn't? 1, maaaaybe 2?

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Looks like all backups played today from the first snap. Nothing to see here. None of they QBs nor RBs looked good in this Great Value O line.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
No overreaction

If I’m Trey.

After this game. I’m taking Dwelley out for dinner and telling him “whatever he wants, bring your wife and kids too”
Dwelley got so much hate on here. He's not a great blocking TD, but dude is golden in the red zone and third down. At his price they can continue to re-sign him

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I understand running him out of the read option....but running him up the gut is fukkin retarded at the NFL level.

I understand the level of competition....but the man threw 28 TDs with ZERO picks his soph year at NDSU. The talent is there. Let him take his lumps.

Brock got away with a lot of mistakes last year, but his immeasurables were great. Still the lack of armskrenf concerns me (and that was before the injury).

And Darnold....again, backup only.
Trey has been poorly developed. Dude is basically a rookie playing his first season.

Darnold is still ass. But I'd rather have him that Josh Johnson. But I think Brandon Allen can do the same thing as Darnold at a way cheaper rate. They love these trash ass white QBs. There is nothing that says super star about him.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Trey has been poorly developed. Dude is basically a rookie playing his first season.

Darnold is still ass. But I'd rather have him that Josh Johnson. But I think Brandon Allen can do the same thing as Darnold at a way cheaper rate. They love these trash ass white QBs. There is nothing that says super star about him.

100% agree. Let Trey take his lumps and do your job developing him Mr Offensive Mastermind.

Put Brock out there and he gets hurt again, then what? His career might be over. 2 big injuries. Below average NFL arm. Not doing him any favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.