Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man…. I need to stop reading twitter….

It’s gonna be a rough week for Trey.

I hope the people close to him are telling him to stay off social media, don’t listen to the local and national media and just be Leary of reporters.

Just focus on what he needs to do and don’t let the pressure get to him. Everyone making it “make or break” already

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
All I know is they better come out here and win week 1. Shanahan starting to get on my nerves with the QB room non-sense. If Brock is the guy I'm rocking with it even though I feel like hes being rushed. The blueprint is the 2019 season. Win in the beginning of the season come out and start strong and secure the 1st seed in the NFC. Thats the goal to the SB and execute down the stretch in the SB.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Man…. I need to stop reading twitter….

It’s gonna be a rough week for Trey.

I hope the people close to him are telling him to stay off social media, don’t listen to the local and national media and just be Leary of reporters.

Just focus on what he needs to do and don’t let the pressure get to him. Everyone making it “make or break” already
People are fukking idiots. If he looked like this with the first string line and WRs and RBs then it would be a cause for concern.

I saw how good he looked in the second half of the Texans game. Keep that regular offense for him and not the dumb option BS.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
All I know is they better come out here and win week 1. Shanahan starting to get on my nerves with the QB room non-sense. If Brock is the guy I'm rocking with it even though I feel like hes being rushed. The blueprint is the 2019 season. Win in the beginning of the season come out and start strong and secure the 1st seed in the NFC. Thats the goal to the SB.
He better run the damn ball. WE'RE A RUNNING TEAM!! That will open up the pass.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Dwelley got so much hate on here. He's not a great blocking TD, but dude is golden in the red zone and third down. At his price they can continue to re-sign him

He keeps making the roster year after year. If anything we're lucky to still have him. I thought we would have lost him in FA.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Trey looked like shyt with those designed runs. He's not fast and he doesn't know how to take a hit. I have no clue why you'd want an offense centered around things Lance hasn't shown he can do at an NFL level. I always read your posts about how Kyle should change his offense to what Trey did in college but so far I haven't seen him do ANYTHING to make me think he'd do well in the pros with that style of play. And Shanahan tried to make a bunch of plays for Trey and they always failed horribly, plus they got him injured in back to back seasons. Seriously breh, you legit think Lance can get over the hump by doubling down on that?

The fact of the matter is that if he can't get the confidence to move in the pocket and be decently accurate throwing passes, then he's a bust and we'll have to deal with Kyle and Lynch's terrible decision making for that trade. They made a huge bet, and if they lose it, they lose it. But I at least have seen Trey show some semblance of competence by working the offense Kyle has made for guys like Jimmy G and Brock, not when he's out there trying to be Josh Allen or *insert mobile/dual threat QB*.

Trey can't run with the ball, so there's no dual threat with him. So he either gets better at passing or then it's the bushes for dude. I feel bad for him because he might not be a potential bust under other circumstances/regime but again, I don't see him working as a dual threat QB on any NFL team :yeshrug:
:hubie: I'm just trying to be optimistic. Because there is absolutely nothing we've seen from Lance that says he can be successful in the typical offense Shanny has designed for Jimmy/Brock. Trey was admittedly a project pick. "high ceiling, low floor" type of prospect, and it's looking more like the latter than the former. The only success he's had since high school was one year in an offense where his mobility was front and center. Thinking we can solve his struggles by putting him in an offense that he's never, ever shown success in and evidently doesn't have the tools to execute doesn't make sense to me. If Lamar Jackson struggled in a QB Run offense, putting him in a 3-step-drop quick passing offense isn't the way out. He's just a bust. I think Trey's best chance for success is to run the only offense he's ever run successfully until he busts, because this other shyt isn't in his toolkit. It's like drafting a small, speedy WR because you want vertical stretch in your offense, but they turn out to have trash speed, so you try and convert them to a possession WR. Doesn't make sense. I agree that Trey's mobility is looking basura, I just think he'll be even more basura in an offense without that crutch. :manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.