Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn…. After this games ends, if y’all watching on NFL Network. Don’t watch the after show.

Buddy with the dreads who was burying Trey at half basically hinting he’d finna continue to bury him after the game ends. I’m not even gonna watch

He adds nothing. Critique is good but needs to come from the right people with the right insight.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Damn…. After this games ends, if y’all watching on NFL Network. Don’t watch the after show.

Buddy with the dreads who was burying Trey at half basically hinting he’d finna continue to bury him after the game ends. I’m not even gonna watch

Yeah, I don't like this nikka. Giving all the benefit of the doubt to Sam Darnold bum ass but ready to :camby: the black QB.

When you white, you get every opportunity to get better through your mistakes. Black? Send him to the Coli Football League! :scust:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah, I don't like this nikka. Giving all the benefit of the doubt to Sam Darnold bum ass but ready to :camby: the black QB.

When you white, you get every opportunity to get better through your mistakes. Black? Send him to the Coli Football League! :scust:

Yes his halftime rant was triggering to me.

Mooch was nice but when buddy started off saying “I’m not gonna be nice” or whatever to that effect. I was done

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
VP @yseJ
@feelosofer
@King Kreole

We would love to hear y’all thoughts, discussions and insights from this game

Also what improvements y’all think we need over the next 7 days
Clusterfukk. But it's just Game 1 of the preseason so I don't think it says too much on our season's prospects. OL depth looks worrisome though. As for Trey...my stance on him is the same as it's been for a while now. He looks like a bust. It is what it is. He only had 1 drive that he looked even passable given his pedigree. He looked worse than Anthony Richardson. The scary part is that Trey's weaknesses today were mental. He looked very uncomfortable in the offense. Which kind of makes sense because he's running an offense not made for his skillset. He needs those designed runs to slow the game down and settle him down. Either way, I'm glad we have Brock in the mix. Maybe he won't be the one either, but I don't think Trey is. I actually think Darnold is the better choice for QB2. He looked more settled and has done more than Trey has in this league.

As for improvements, just give Trey more burn and hope the light turns on. Backup OL needs to get its act together.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Clusterfukk. But it's just Game 1 of the preseason so I don't think it says too much on our season's prospects. OL depth looks worrisome though. As for Trey...my stance on him is the same as it's been for a while now. He looks like a bust. It is what it is. He only had 1 drive that he looked even passable given his pedigree. He looked worse than Anthony Richardson. The scary part is that Trey's weaknesses today were mental. He looked very uncomfortable in the offense. Which kind of makes sense because he's running an offense not made for his skillset. He needs those designed runs to slow the game down and settle him down. Either way, I'm glad we have Brock in the mix. Maybe he won't be the one either, but I don't think Trey is. I actually think Darnold is the better choice for QB2. He looked more settled and has done more than Trey has in this league.

As for improvements, just give Trey more burn and hope the light turns on. Backup OL needs to get its act together.
besides seeing "Tentative Trey" again today, I cant help but notice dude is not that fast/mobile when moving outside the pocket. that bothers me...like we knew Brock was quicker moving in the pocket, but even bum ass Darnold somehow has more quickness and agility :francis:

as far as mental issues, Trey needs a confidence injection or something

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If memory serves me correct, he used to rail on Kaep too.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
besides seeing "Tentative Trey" again today, I cant help but notice dude is not that fast/mobile when moving outside the pocket. that bothers me...like we knew Brock was quicker moving in the pocket, but even bum ass Darnold somehow has more quickness and agility :francis:

Yes, his lack of shiftiness is alarming to me.

I called a play out earlier when a guy rushed him.

Guys like Lamar, Kyle, Russ, Mahomes know how to make like this shifty move to make the d stumble and blow by them

Purdy did it a few times last season.

I was hoping Trey added that to his game but dude just had a straight line to him forcing Trey to throw a bad pass

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Looks very slow. How was did staff grade him higher than Fields? Fields looks insanely fast and shifty. I bet it was "attitude".

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I agree. However on the Darnold side, dude has started for what 50 games? I expect him to be more polished in this offense especisally. I don't understand drafting players then shoehorning them into a system that doesn't fit their skillset. Seems like such a waste. Darnold is a fine #2 but what do you do with Trey? That is a massive miss and avoidable too.

King Kreole

Daps

The first negative note I had on his performance today was an attempted scramble in one of the first couple of series where he was hella slow getting to the edge and only got a couple of yards. An actually mobile QB like Fields would have picked up a first down. Trey's lack of mobility is most likely fatal to his success based on his skills profile. And yeah, Darnold absolutely has more mobility which is insane.

Trey looks incredibly uncomfortable still. From Shanny's treatment of BA in his doghouse, this team doesn't tolerate weakness like that. :francis:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Looks very slow. How was did staff grade him higher than Fields? Fields looks insanely fast and shifty. I bet it was "attitude".
Theyre literally leagues apart mobility wise. When Fields gets outside all defense is on red alert and a lot of times spectacular display of elusiveness and shiftiness and athleticism is about to happen.

Hate to say it but Trey looks like a lumbering Tight End when on the run...it even looks ugly and unnatural. like theres no grace to it...

King Kreole

Daps
I agree. However on the Darnold side, dude has started for what 50 games? I expect him to be more polished in this offense especisally. I don't understand drafting players then shoehorning them into a system that doesn't fit their skillset. Seems like such a waste. Darnold is a fine #2 but what do you do with Trey? That is a massive miss and avoidable too.
Exactly. Ultimately, this is a massive failure on Shanny/Lynch because it's not like they inherited him, they went out and chose him. If you're such a genius, adjust your offense to make it work for this guy. I'm really interested to know the behind the scenes of the Lance pick. It really should have been a fatal decision for this regime if not for Brock's success giving them cover. :francis:

Status
Not open for further replies.