Daps
Reppin
Chicago

tenor.gif

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
:russ:
Don't get me wrong, I want that to happen, but that business model is really hard to fade; that's like saying that pawn shops are going to cease to exist. They literally take entire systems, games, accessories, etc. lowball you with in-store currency and occasionally multiply the 'money' you get back on trade-ins like they're doing you a favor. shyt is villainous but I get it. :ehh:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
A lot of people are going to be disappointed with the liquidation sale. I went to a babies r us just to be curious and all the car seats were gone and they were listed at 15% off msrp which if you used the in store coupon you could have bought for 20% off before the damn sale.

In other words, the idiots will buy everything good before it's discounted enough to make it worth it.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's ruthless out there breh.

Its kinda wild that they figured they would make more money off liquidating everything as opposed to trying to figure it out and save the 33K jobs that are potentially lost with this.

Daps
It's ruthless out there breh.

Its kinda wild that they figured they would make more money off liquidating everything as opposed to trying to figure it out and save the 33K jobs that are potentially lost with this.

They were 5 billion dollars in debt. There was nothing to figure out.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
A lot of people are going to be disappointed with the liquidation sale. I went to a babies r us just to be curious and all the car seats were gone and they were listed at 15% off msrp which if you used the in store coupon you could have bought for 20% off before the damn sale.

In other words, the idiots will buy everything good before it's discounted enough to make it worth it.
Damn, and I need a car seat for my youngest son.

My wife be gettin' them $200 car seats for her car:camby:

120 is a good price for me

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's exactly what happened. That shyt should be illegal.
Yeah I read up on it. Apparently the venture capitalist used the company as leverage to borrow money to buy all it's stock and took it private. That caused the debt the company had to reach an unmanageable level. The debt never got back in control and the interest payments on the debt bleed the company dry until some of the debt became due which the company couldn't afford to pay.

I don't understand how the people that bought the company did so but aren't responsible for the debt the company itself was. I mean if I use a car as collateral to buy it and skip out on paying the loan back the bank will repo the car then come after me not just repo the car and call it good.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
I don't know about your Toys R Us as a youth, but mine was a cluttered, overpriced shyt hole filled to the brim with screaming brats with snot dribbling down their chins and little hellions thundering down aisles in big wheels knocking adults and other kids alike on their asses. It also holds the dubious distinction of being the only place in the continental United States where I saw a Nintendo game retail for $69.99 in 1988. To make matters worse, there were no game kiosks so you had to stare longingly at systems playing demos on Commodore Amiga monitors that looked twenty times better than your RF television set at home. The final insult to injury was the fact they didn't even trust you enough to have the video game box on the shelf. You had to take a goddamn ticket to some enclosure where some surly, pimply nerd would demand proof of payment and hurl your game at you through a slot.

Toy R Us and Geoffrey the punk ass Giraffe can burn in Hell.

:wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't know about your Toys R Us as a youth, but mine was a cluttered, overpriced shyt hole filled to the brim with screaming brats with snot dribbling down their chins and little hellions thundering down aisles in big wheels knocking adults and other kids alike on their asses. It also holds the dubious distinction of being the only place in the continental United States where I saw a Nintendo game retail for $69.99 in 1988. To make matters worse, there were no game kiosks so you had to stare longingly at systems playing demos on Commodore Amiga monitors that looked twenty times better than your RF television set at home. The final insult to injury was the fact they didn't even trust you enough to have the video game box on the shelf. You had to take a goddamn ticket to some enclosure where some surly, pimply nerd would demand proof of payment and hurl your game at you through a slot.

Not sure what you're talking about breh....the Toys R Us I went to back in the day (this would've been around '96) had a kiosk for every console. We'd be in that bytch for hours playing demos of games before they came out.

As far as them going out of business :manny: honestly can't say I give a fukk either way. It was a part of my childhood but I ain't been in one in around 10 years, at least.

Fred.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

:russ: All facts :laff: