Toys ‘R’ Us has declared bankruptcy

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Not sure what you're talking about breh....the Toys R Us I went to back in the day (this would've been around '96) had a kiosk for every console. We'd be in that bytch for hours playing demos of games before they came out.

As far as them going out of business :manny: honestly can't say I give a fukk either way. It was a part of my childhood but I ain't been in one in around 10 years, at least .

Fred.
Nah I remember it being exactly the way he described too.
The first Toys R Us I remember going to as a kid was in New York. When you wanted to buy a game, you had to pick up a voucher, take it to the register, pay for it, and then take your papers to a small room with a glass window and a slot like a bank or something. You would show them the papers and they would hand you the game through the window. Whole process was nuts. I didn't know anyone else on here remembered that. :laff:
The first game we bought at Toys R Us was "Battle Chess" on the NES. :mjcry:

I still have this bad boy too.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah I remember it being exactly the way he described too.
The first Toys R Us I remember going to as a kid was in New York. When you wanted to buy a game, you had to pick up a voucher, take it to the register, pay for it, and then take your papers to a small room with a glass window and a slot like a bank or something. You would show them the papers and they would hand you the game through the window. Whole process was nuts. I didn't know anyone else on here remembered that. :laff:
The first game we bought at Toys R Us was "Battle Chess" on the NES. :mjcry:

I still have this bad boy too.

I do remember all the games being locked up, and the vouchers....but aside from that the Toys R Us I went to was dope. :manny:

This was in Kansas City, Missouri. Had a Toys R Us, Funcoland and Just For Feet in the same parking lot, next to a Hypermart. Then across the street was a mall. That area was the perfect spot to hang out if you were a teen. For a while anyway....towards the end of the 90's that whole area got shut down due to crime, shootings happening in the area, etc.

Fred.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
so much memories :mjcry:
Last thing I bought was a Undertaker /Randy Orton / Bob Orton action figure pack :mjcry:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Jeez. I remember buying my Super Nintendo there back in the day. They had a deal where if you bought the system you got 2 games. I think I got Sim City and Street Fighter 2.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Anyone hit up a store? What are the discounts for games?
You’re not gonna find any good discounts lol
If anything they’re probably gonna make shyt like 10-15% off then have the major sales once all the good shyt goes

I use to work for retail , they do the same shyt with Black Friday , the sales are just regular sales

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Liquidation sale was supposed to start today, but its been postponed, people already lining up and shyt like its Black Friday :why:

Toys R Us liquidation sales begin soon. Here's what to know before you shop.

Update: Toys R Us anticipated its liquidation sales to begin Thursday, but the sale has been postponed, hopefully starting Friday.

Toys R Us is kicking off its going-out-of-business sales soon, a week after announcing plans to sell or close all of its U.S. stores. Hundreds of Toys R Us and Babies R Us locations are scheduled to close in the coming months, which means the company has a lot of inventory to sell.

Here's what you should know before you begin shopping.

1. First things first: Where can I find deals?

Liquidation sales will begin at all Toys R Us and Babies R Us locations on Thursday, according to company spokeswoman Amy von Walter. That includes about 735 stores around the country.

But don't expect to snag any deals online - at least not yet. Toys R Us has said in court filings that it is hoping to find a buyer for its e-commerce operations, which means it is likely to hold off on selling off online inventory right away, according to bankruptcy lawyers.

2. What sort of discounts can I expect?

Prices are likely to be reduced about 30 percent right away, von Walter said, with deeper discounts scheduled for the coming weeks. The company expects to finish liquidating its stores by the end of June, according to court documents, although some locations may close sooner than that. Store furniture and fixtures are also likely to be up for sale.

3. How likely am I to find what I'm looking for?

If you're searching for something specific, bankruptcy experts say you should hurry in as soon as possible. Toys R Us isn't restocking its stores anymore, and a number of vendors say they cut ties with the company weeks, if not months, ago. All that to say: Highly-coveted items will sell out quickly (if they haven't already). Also, keep an eye out for Toys R Us exclusives that might require additional parts or accessories. One shopper says she bought a Babies R Us-specific crib, for example, but has since had trouble tracking down the corresponding toddler rail and conversion kit since those items are not carried by competing retailers.

4. What else should I know?

Here are the basics: All sales will be final. And while Toys R Us and Babies R Us will continue accept gift card and e-gift cards for another 30 days, von Walter says they will no longer accept coupons. Babies R Us registry users with "endless earnings" and other rewards must redeem them by mid-April.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
When you wanted to buy a game, you had to pick up a voucher, take it to the register, pay for it, and then take your papers to a small room with a glass window and a slot like a bank or something. You would show them the papers and they would hand you the game through the window. Whole process was nuts.

Yeah, I remember this shyt...

:mjlol:

5387372423_e929c27eb7.jpg

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Progress can't be stopped, and I'm not saying it should be- but this is kinda sad.:mjcry:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
And funny enough....this is exactly what gamestop should be doing instead of selling people opened games as new behind the excuse that they have to use the cases for their displays.
Yeah, I laugh at it now but it was actually a brilliant move to help control inventory and streamline the sale of games.
:ehh: