A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Yeah, I remember this shyt...

:mjlol:

5387372423_e929c27eb7.jpg

I don't know why people are complaining about this. Do you know how much space stacking all those big ass cartridges would take up. Back then nobody had games just laying out. Service Merchandise (how many of yall remember that) had a similar system for their games, KB Toys kept them locked up in a case behind the counter or in the back room, and Wal-Mart kept everything locked up in cages. At least at Toys R Us you could see the front and back of the game case on that card. At the other stores you couldn't see anything. On reddit an old manager said they actually had to cut up the box of one of the Atari or Nintendo games to do that.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I don't know why people are complaining about this. Do you know how much space stacking all those big ass cartridges would take up. Back then nobody had games just laying out. Service Merchandise (how many of yall remember that) had a similar system for their games, KB Toys kept them locked up in a case behind the counter or in the back room, and Wal-Mart kept everything locked up in cages. At least at Toys R Us you could see the front and back of the game case on that card. At the other stores you couldn't see anything. On reddit an old manager said they actually had to cut up the box of one of the Atari or Nintendo games to do that.
My Walmart use to hide there games behind glass with a cheap lock , I use to steal games everyday :lolbron:

Got caught one day never did it again:shaq:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of any nationwide toy stores that are still around. I'm not talking about stores like Wal-Mart or Target with a toy aisle, I mean full-fledged toy stores.
There was something special about going to Toys R Us (sidenote, I'm going to miss that Toys R Us smell), Kay-Bee Toys, or K&K, and seeing/copping the new G.I. Joes, Transformers, Hot Wheels, candy, or video games.
As a parent, I'm glad that Amazon can save me a few bucks on my kid's toys, but I'm sad that he'll miss a lot of the joy & magic of being able to experience that special part of childhood known as the toy store visit.

Goodbye, Geoffrey (& toy stores as a whole). You will be missed.