Tom Joyner offers Rachel Jeantel a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to any HBCU - (Trayvon Martin)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Because the gift giver only supports HBCU's! LMAO!! Why would he gift her something that he doesn't believe in himself?

He's the type of nikka to get a new car from someone and be like "A Kia? Damn nikka you couldn't give me a benz?"

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
lol, this is exactly the type of thing that should be happening and nikkaz knock it? That Babylon Matrix is a vicious system out chea. :whew:

And what's wrong with HBCU's? If anything black folks should take pride in having their own institutions that's integral to building up your own nation. Integration isn't always a good thing.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's the type of nikka to get a new car from someone and be like "A Kia? Damn nikka you couldn't give me a benz?"

Meanwhile the person that gave you the Kia has one and fukking LOVES it.

I can see if Tom Joyner went to a non HBCU, but he graduated from Tuskegee and he believes in an HBCU education for black people. He gave a gift that he would appreciate himself and one that he would gift to a close friend or family member. That says a lot to me.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Nah, I'd just be like, "for whatever the Kia costs let me choose what car I want that's of equal value to the Kia.. im not knocking Tom Joyner for the gift, im knocking him for imposing unnecessary conditions on the gift

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Meanwhile the person that gave you the Kia has one and fukking LOVES it.

I can see if Tom Joyner went to a non HBCU, but he graduated from Tuskegee and he believes in an HBCU education for black people. He gave a gift that he would appreciate himself and one that he would gift to a close friend or family member. That says a lot to me.

Are you saying that an HBCU is the only place a black person can get an education??

Tom Joyner Chose to attend an HBCU.. he should give the young lady the same choicemm

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Nah, I'd just be like, "for whatever the Kia costs let me choose what car I want that's of equal value to the Kia.. im not knocking Tom Joyner for the gift, im knocking him for imposing unnecessary conditions on the gift

You act like she couldnt just go to another school after graduating. I know someone that started at Hampton and now goes to GWU, two totally different places. If she's given the support and is motivated she can use this opportunity as a launchpad to other opportunities down the line. Plus, if we're to assume that Rachel doesn't really think highly of school or she's dumb or whatever then it'd probably be easier for her to start in a familiar environment amongst her own kind and get good examples from familiar looking people thereby fostering a real desire to be educated, she can take that and grow a lot from it. Who's to say she can't go to FAMU or Spelman and graduate with a scholly offer to continue her degree at Florida or Miami?

I can't possibly see anything wrong with this.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you saying that an HBCU is the only place a black person can get an education??

Tom Joyner Chose to attend an HBCU.. he should give the young lady the same choicemm

If I give you a gift card to Target does that mean, you can't shop at Walmart? Nah, you'll just have to come out of your own pocket at Walmart. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
You act like she couldnt just go to another school after graduating. I know someone that started at Hampton and now goes to GWU, two totally different places. If she's given the support and is motivated she can use this opportunity as a launchpad to other opportunities down the line.

I can't possibly see anything wrong with this.

Different schools... different curriculums... some schools don't take certain credits from other school... sure you can transfer, but your credits wont aleays transfer.. why should you have to go throuhh this when Tom Joyner can just give you the same money to attend the school of your choice??

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Different schools... different curriculums... some schools don't take certain credits from other school... sure you can transfer, but your credits wont aleays transfer.. why should you have to go throuhh this when Tom Joyner can just give you the same money to attend the school of your choice??

I added some shyt to that post, you can respond to that too if you want.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if she wanted to learn she woulda been had her ged or diploma. you cant give an education to someone who doesnt want to learn. thats like leading a horse to water.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Breh, you have raised good points but again, the girl obviously failed her education first time round and this dude isn't just pushing an illiterate person into college. He is giving her a chance to gain her diploma again and then go into college.

I don't know where this mentality that if someone failed something or if they have literacy issues they are somehow a lost cause who don't deserve to be educated.

How exactly are we meant to make a person like Rachel better without educating her ? Seriously. Education is the only way we can deal with illiteracy and he is giving her that.

I don't advocate leaving people behind, but you can't thrust someone into a situation that they aren't prepared for. If someone is failing to lift 160, why exactly would you put 190 on the bar with no spotter (because you don't have one in college)? :comeon Trying to :lift: without the proper mechanics can be discouraging because if she fails or doesn't accept the challenge it's gonna be, "She's lazy" or :ufdup: "she's stupid just like the rest of 'em" or whatever. Few people will bring up the fact that she's not ready because of a :flabbynsick: educational system, they'll just use it as an opportunity to bash as usual.

Then there is the other side of the coin; The burden placed on the University to maintain a certain standard while trying to help the ill-prepared students. Forcing them to accept unqualified students not only hurts their reputation for future applicants being turned off, but it hurts the credibility of the institution all together if they fail to help those students graduate. People already running around talmbout how HBCU's ain't sh!t or whatnot, so they're already fighting an uphill battle

All I'm saying is, if she's as illiterate as many people are saying (And I hope y'all are exaggerating because I haven't really watched the trial and interviews except for a few snippets), then maybe tutoring her first would be the way to go. If she desires to accept the scholarship afterwards, then :win:. The most important part of it all is her desire and willingness to put forth all the effort required to better her self; If she wants it, more power to her and Joyner