Tom Joyner offers Rachel Jeantel a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to any HBCU - (Trayvon Martin)

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are acting like he just plopped her down in a college campus and told her "be free, young Rachel" Umm no, he's helping her get her GED first.

And to a LITERATE person, the GED test may be easy as shyt but to a person who is ILLITERATE it may even be a challenge. Good grief! What the fukk is wrong with yall?!?!?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
lol at it taking only 5 posts for people to find a way to shyt on an underprivileged girl being given a free education.

Lets be realistic...

This girl isn't really ready for college and pushing her to go to college now would be dooming her to failure. He would be helping her more if he paid for her to go to a community college first and get general educational credits and help her get up to speed. See if she makes it there and then pay for her to go to an HBCU. Hell, she can practically go to a CC without him paying and then he can pay for the HBCU. However I think he simply forgot that part of the equation as he is offering to help with her GED and SAT prep so either way props.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lets be realistic...

This girl isn't really ready for college and pushing her to go to college now would be dooming her to failure. He would be helping her more if he paid for her to go to a community college first and get general educational credits and help her get up to speed. See if she makes it there and then pay for her to go to an HBCU. Hell, she can practically go to a CC without him paying and then he can pay for the HBCU. However I think he simply forgot that part of the equation as he is offering to help with her GED and SAT prep so either way props.

Ummm you know EVERY college offers general education requirements right? In fact, it's required. The main reason people opt for obtaining them at community college is because it's 50% (or more) cheaper.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Insult or not this is life changing offer she should take him up on.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Lets be realistic...

Unless you're planning to offer to send her to those CC courses, STFU breh. Instead of shytting on her, he's actually attempting to find a solution to a problem that he sees.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Lets be realistic...

How do you know?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Ummm you know EVERY college offers general education requirements right? In fact, it's required. The main reason people opt for obtaining them at community college is because it's 50% (or more) cheaper.

I was thinking even lower than what a university offers...

I know community colleges offer some of the most basic courses for adults who are severely lacking. I looked up one of the schools in my area and they offer something called "learning support" courses which is basically middle school level stuff. That is where she needs to start.

This is a girl who can't read cursive :guilty:

How do you know?

Objectively speaking I probably don't. However, as far as what we know and what we saw... I find it hard to believe she is. I have no issues being proven wrong though.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
c00n?? Why because I said she shouldn't have to be limited to a HBCU??

What if she wants to go to culinary school??

Beauty school??

A college close by??

He shouldve taken this into consideration before limiting her to raggedy ass highly overpriced HBCUs

Then she can pay for it!!!!

Who cares about the price when she's not paying for it!?!?!?! Have you never received a gift?

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
The ''why send her to a raggedy HBCU' is in here somewhere

Very interested to hear the brehs @Lewis Black @No_bammer_weed and @Malta take on this topic.

I'll say this...you can make a strong case that Rachel Jentel is more disliked in this country than George Zimmerman. Let that sink in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course, but the gift in this case is money for education... whats the purpose of putting conditions on that??

Because the gift giver only supports HBCU's! LMAO!! Why would he gift her something that he doesn't believe in himself?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
c00n?? Why because I said she shouldn't have to be limited to a HBCU??

What if she wants to go to culinary school??

Beauty school??

A college close by??

He shouldve taken this into consideration before limiting her to raggedy ass highly overpriced HBCUs

Then she can go to any school of her choosing, but she'd have to pay for it herself. He's GIVING her a free college education and you're complaining. This is especially ironic since you wouldn't give a single red cent to help this girl go to a college close by.

If you're so concerned about her college education, start a kickstarter page and setup a fund raiser to send her to a school of her choice. If not, shut your bytch ass up and let Rachel decide if she wants to go to an HBCU or not :rudy: