[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
this just isnt true though, we did multiple builds on this very forum here of similar priced PC builds that were superior to PS5 upon release. Wont be any different for PS5 Pro.

Nah not buying that. Even went back and read articles on similar gpu and cpu combos at the time comparable to the ps5.
The card and processor alone were at 400. No memory, no case, no Mobo. Nothing extra yet. And it's always like that at the beginning of a console cycle.
and if something is the cheapest option for something, anything in life, then its the budget option. PS5 is the budget option for gaming, just no way around it.
I'd say standard vs premium is the better comparison. Budget would be a Switch.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That also happens to be on the PS4. I know because I bought it on the PS4 and got the PS5 version for free. Begs the question if they can make cross generation games that look so good why do we need a PS5 Pro? In late 2022 so almost 2023 they released God of War Ragnarök on the PS4 yet we're supposed to believe the market needs a PS5 Pro? It wasn't that long ago they were still releasing PS4 games.

Depends on the development team, honestly. You'll notice that a lot of the first party games from PlayStation and XBox that were cross gen and look great were mostly running their own engines. Most developers realistically don't have the resources and time to develop their own engines to get those types of results, so they're relying on ready made base engines, and modifying. And, in the case of Unreal, it always seems like the majority of what it can achieve is via sheer power of the machine it's running on.

So, unfortunately, yeah. Most of these developers might not be begging for a Pro/X version of these current consoles, but let's not act like they won't use and advertise whatever extra capability they afford them in an instant.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'd say standard vs premium is the better comparison. Budget would be a Switch.
tomato, tomatoe, PS5 is same price range as a switch if you comparing video cards of $400+. So its a budget gaming option. You dont get to define the rules

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
you can buy all 3 of these for less than $150 :mjlol: why you acting like these are huge expenses :mjlol: 90% of a PC cost is GPU and CPU
There were NUMEROUS articles spec-ing equivalent pc builds of both the xsx and ps5. You were not getting PC builds for the same price.

We ain't gotta cap like this. Hell just googled a few now. C'mon man.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You don't either :yeshrug:
You right I dont, but society does

are you telling me that if you saw some shoes for $300(nintendo switch) and another pair for $400(ps5), you would say the $400 is another financial class than then $300 shoe? of course not :camby: just knock it off man, they both budget gaming systems. You in that budget class when it comes to gaming :manny:
There were NUMEROUS articles spec-ing equivalent pc builds of both the xsx and ps5. You were not getting PC builds for the same price.

We ain't gotta cap like this. Hell just googled a few now. C'mon man.
biased articles, we did multiple builds here that passed the ps5 for same price at the time of release :umad: no need for google you can search it right here on the coli :umad:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That also happens to be on the PS4. I know because I bought it on the PS4 and got the PS5 version for free. Begs the question if they can make cross generation games that look so good why do we need a PS5 Pro? In late 2022 so almost 2023 they released God of War Ragnarök on the PS4 yet we're supposed to believe the market needs a PS5 Pro? It wasn't that long ago they were still releasing PS4 games.
Games "looking good" and having the option to run/look better on optional hardware is never a detriment. Image quality, performance, fidelity isn't capped just because target resolutions for most games is 4K. There's still some sacrifices to be made.

I have no idea why it has to be questioned as to "why" it needs to exist. I want to be able to play some of these games day 1, with clean image quality without sacrificing performance. That's a strong enough "why" for me. If for you it doesn't matter, no need to worry it's not mandated to purchase.

FFVII Rebirth runs and looks "good" on the PS5 but looks blurry in performance modes, same as FFXVI and a bunch of other games in performance mode. A Pro would clean that up, giving the IQ of quality mode with the same performance at 60fps which would be a godsend.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GKliwr_aYAAqg8F

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The verge is saying it’s actually way more powerful than reported especially the ai up scaling ‘pssr’

Say it easily achieves 4K gaming even for older games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
KeRDQ7C.png
Lol cats don't like Richard Leadbetter from DF. Accusing him of being a Xbox shill :mjlol:

Funny enough I never really got that from him.
mq6c1jb1sbq91.png

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I hope sony dev kits make it easy to release games on regular 5 or optimize them for the pro.

These devs lazy enough don't need another reason to get a product that doesn't reachbits max product