[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
you ain't derail nothing. you good.
I primarily play rpg’s and money is really not a determining factor. I haven't played pretty much any of the shyt that's dropped this generation.

Main factors at this point are how hard it will be to get a ps5pro and a point I hadn't considered which is the delay for shyt that's ps5 exclusive to appear on pc.

Will need to do more research.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
osEOTpc.jpeg

r6EIget.jpeg

Even the fine detail is much clearer like her hair here looks much more resolved even than the graphics mode on the base PS5. What's also interesting is the internal resolution on the Pro is running at a similar resolution compared to the regular PS5 yet you can clearly see the difference hence why the "lol 840P" comments earlier were stupid and uninformed. PSSR does a great job upscaling it.

hat's because Rebirth appears to be using PSSR, or PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, which is Sony's new machine learning-based upsampling solution exclusive to PS5 Pro. The new console packs a substantial increase in GPU grunt, but the cost of native 4K rendering would likely overwhelm the enhanced console. Instead, Square-Enix has opted for this upsampling solution, taking the game from an average internal resolution of roughly 1152p to 1224p in my counts to 4K. I got counts as low as 1080p, and as high as 1296p - though if we were able to get our own capture here we might be able to see some greater variability.

That's very similar to the resolution range of the base game, which hit comparable resolution figures in its performance mode. However, the base console didn't use any form of temporal upsampling, instead taking that final rendered image and simply upscaling it, perhaps using a bilinear or bicubic upscaling solution.

Last edited: