[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, it'll be a better looking/running PS5 and not some 4090 equivalent. Those that want the PS5Pro are happy with that. But the majority is cool with the regular PS5. No different than IPhone 15s and 15 Pro Max's. :yeshrug:

If you’re someone already 100% locked into the playstation eco system its kind of a no brainer to just pay the difference imo

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
No, I didn't take budget into account of whether it's hardcore or not.

I think it's more than just the games that make PC hardcore. You really have to know what you're doing with building a PC or you have to know what you're looking at when buying a PC. Knowing all the specs. And then you're messing with settings to get the most optimization.

I've never had a gaming PC, so I couldn't tell you that. And watching Youtube videos doesn't tell the full story.

But I think it's a safe bet to say a 4090 drags a PS5 in graphics and frame rates with ease.
A 2500 dollar graphics card should run and look way better than a 500 dollar total console. You gonna end up spending at least 3300 minimum for a fully fleshed out PC as well with a 4090. 95% of people are not @Ciggavelli and @itsyoung!! and don't see the differences worth over 3000 between them.
Youre way too optimistic. Why are we discussing 4090? Current PS5 isnt even as good as a 2060 ti :gucci: which is a $250 card :gucci: i dont care what they say on paper, im looking at actual game performance.

Im not listening to any dweeb discuss game performance while most yall games are 60 fps. Ive been gaming at 144 fps for near a decade :gucci:

Apex just got 120 fps on ps5 and its struggling.

Most $300-400 video cards are going to run apex flawlessly at over 120 fps.

Ps5 is 2 and soon to be 3 generations of tech behind. Comparing it to a 4090 or soon to be 5090 this year is asinine.

I have no clue why console users think they are in the same hemisphere let alone ballpark graphic wise or performance wise. Like do yall eyes not work?

PC is already moving onto 8k resolution and for those staying behind on resolutions we’re at 240+ fps

Ps5 pro will be lucky to just have consistent 120 fps.

Yall a lil too old to be bamboozled by console vs pc comparison’s especially @Rekkapryde you disappoint me tremendously in here cause you arent even honest with yourself

Comparing even an average PC today to a PS5 or soon to be PS5 pro is like comparing a honda to a ferrari

Just be forreal with yourself @Rekkapryde

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm saying the differences aren't worth it to the vast majority. And the majority of PC gamers are not running with the top cards like that.
Why are you comparing top cards? Your PS5 isnt even as strong as average cards — 2 generations ago :gucci:

A 3070 or 4060 ti — average cards are like 5x better than your ps5

A 2060 ti with a good processor is going to blow your ps5 out of the water on almost all games

You keep saying I have a $2500 card (made up prices by the way). I have a 2070 super. Card is 5 years old. I also run apex at 140-200 fps and max settings.

Your ps5 which is only 4 years old cant do that. Stop comparing it to new pc tech. Just stop. Compare it to shyt that came out in 2016. Thats more fair.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Youre way too optimistic. Why are we discussing 4090? Current PS5 isnt even as good as a 2060 ti :gucci: which is a $250 card :gucci: i dont care what they say on paper, im looking at actual game performance.

Im not listening to any dweeb discuss game performance while most yall games are 60 fps. Ive been gaming at 144 fps for near a decade :gucci:

Apex just got 120 fps on ps5 and its struggling.

Most $300-400 video cards are going to run apex flawlessly at over 120 fps.

Ps5 is 2 and soon to be 3 generations of tech behind. Comparing it to a 4090 or soon to be 5090 this year is asinine.

I have no clue why console users think they are in the same hemisphere let alone ballpark graphic wise or performance wise. Like do yall eyes not work?

PC is already moving onto 8k resolution and for those staying behind on resolutions we’re at 240+ fps

Ps5 pro will be lucky to just have consistent 120 fps.

Yall a lil too old to be bamboozled by console vs pc comparison’s especially @Rekkapryde you disappoint me tremendously in here cause you arent even honest with yourself

Comparing even an average PC today to a PS5 or soon to be PS5 pro is like comparing a honda to a ferrari

Just be forreal with yourself @Rekkapryde

doing way too much fam. we know everything you are saying.

Of course a PS5 pro pales in comparison to something over 4 times minimum the costs. i would hope it would be. :skip:

Again, my whole point is that a ps5 or even this pro is more than good enough for the vast majority of console gamers. The differences between games running on it and a high end PC isn't worth the gap in price for most.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why are you comparing top cards? Your PS5 isnt even as strong as average cards — 2 generations ago :gucci:

A 3070 or 4060 ti — average cards are like 5x better than your ps5

A 2060 ti with a good processor is going to blow your ps5 out of the water on almost all games

You keep saying I have a $2500 card (made up prices by the way). I have a 2070 super. Card is 5 years old. I also run apex at 140-200 fps and max settings.

Your ps5 which is only 4 years old cant do that. Stop comparing it to new pc tech. Just stop. Compare it to shyt that came out in 2016. Thats more fair.

PS5 GPU was around the equivalent of RX 66/6800 at the time of release. CPU was a Ryzen 7 3700 at the time. That combo alone was more than the price of a PS5 upon release.

Of course a Longhorn Ribeye ain't as good as a Harris Ribeye, but most are good with Longhorn. :skip:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Of course a PS5 pro pales in comparison to something over 4 times minimum the costs. i would hope it would be. :skip:

Again, my whole point is that a ps5 or even this pro is more than good enough for the vast majority of console gamers. The differences between games running on it and a high end PC isn't worth the gap in price for most.
The Series S is good enough for the vast amount of gamers if we keeping it a buck.

But I know you not going to want to hear that :mjpls:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
PS5 GPU was around the equivalent of RX 66/6800 at the time of release. CPU was a Ryzen 7 3700 at the time. That combo alone was more than the price of a PS5 upon release.
Those are also 3 generations ago. PC been moved on.

Ps5 is a budget option for budget gamers. Thats all. Pretending its anything different then you just lying to yourself.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PS5 GPU is ~GTX 6700.

PS5 pro will cost $100-$150 more than PS5

Look at PC cards and see what $100-150 gets you.

About 8FPS( or 40% better resolution, so 2k to not quite 4k)That’s what you are gonna get. Special sauce doesn’t exist.

For some people this is worth the money. For most people it’s not.

I’m still on record saying this console will be pushed back from 2024 until value/power can be more attractive to consumers :manny:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Those are also 3 generations ago. PC been moved on.
Uh yeah.
Ps5 is a budget option for budget gamers. Thats all. Pretending its anything different then you just lying to yourself.
I wouldn't say budget though. It's the typical/average gamer that consoles are made for. No setup, no building, cheaper, and more than good enough performance. Even now to build an equivalent PC to a standard PS5, by the time it's all said and done you would end up paying close to it or more nowadays.

An equivalent PC at the time of the PS5's release was absolutely more expensive. We've just gotten around the price of a standard PS5 with a similar PC build today over 3 years later.

For those who have the time, know how, and bread, yeah PC will always win. no one is debating this.

As long as the PS5 Pro isn't over 700 (expecting 649-699), then an equivalent PC build will still cost more. And console optimization is always an advantage.

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Yeah it's more than good enough, but then I see gamers complaining about how we still don't have 4k and 60fps still isn't a standard.

Console Gamers want the best graphics, 4k, and 60 FPS all for $400.:russ:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah it's more than good enough, but then I see gamers complaining about how we still don't have 4k and 60fps still isn't a standard.

Console Gamers want the best graphics, 4k, and 60 FPS all for $400.:russ:

Yeah, and that shyt is delusional as fukk for the major games. :russ:

Fighting games, Retro style games, and other joints with not much going on you can get 4k60. But mufukkaz want heavy intensive jawns running 4k60 or higher which is nuts.

1440/60 is a good sweet spot and I love it that most of the 1st party Sony joints hit this pretty easy. Above that is dynamic and checkerboarding which still looks great by the way.